Green Crack & Kali Mist Advice

CannabisLover21

I started these girls 4/29 in PA and I am barely showing signs of flowering. It’s been very warm here, today it’s 88. Does anyone think I need to manipulate the light?

IMG_5836.jpeg

IMG_5835.jpeg

IMG_5834.jpeg

IMG_5833.jpeg

IMG_5832.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

IMG_5830.jpeg

IMG_5829.jpeg

IMG_5828.jpeg

These are sativas. They will take longer to flower. There isn’t a way to speed this up as far as I am aware. You may be looking well into November for a potential harvest.

Hmm Kali Mist is a pretty long flowering strain I think don't know about Green crack, I remember avoiding it cause it said harvest late November which I definitely can't do here outdoor as their bud building period is when the Sun is dwindling and the weather gets cold.
If you live Northern it's best to choose fast and short flowering strains for outdoor.

Hmm Kali Mist is a pretty long flowering strain I think don't know about Green crack, I remember avoiding it cause it said harvest late November which I definitely can't do here outdoor as their bud building period is when the Sun is dwindling and the weather gets cold.
If you live Northern it's best to choose fast and short flowering strains for outdoor.
What strain do you like to grow, sativa?

Yes on light manipulation, they are sativa dominate, healthy ladies so give them as much full daily sun as possible. Malted barley in your soil mix will speed things up but alls you can do at this point is to add some as top dress & scratch it in a little bit. But next season is game on add MB to you soil mix before potting up and at last transplant too. Watch for crust layer on top of soil, it’s a calcium ask. If crust appears then till the top 1 inch of soil, break it up good, add ewc & you are good to go… repeat as necessary,

yes sativa leaner so sit back & keep an eye on them- it’s the long way home

You’ve got some trees there, really nice work!!!

What strain do you like to grow, sativa?
Outdoor? No my latitude ends up somewhere in Canada, if I try Sativas that need to flower 100 days or more I don't have any bud to speak of. They grow whispery thin as temperature and light hours go down quickly once we hit September and it gets very grey and cloudy & dark once we hit October so those few light hours we have don't have much punch.
And if the plant managed some bigger buds, those are likely lost to rot if they need to survive through October & November.
So yeah I avoid long flowering Sativas with a passion.
I personally think there's nothing wrong with hybrids.
Outdoor we usually go with two larger photoperiods and four autos the photoperiods are chosen either if they mention early flowering and short flowering periods like 7-8 weeks or strains that are favoured & hardened by Northern outdoor growers in Holland or Canada and those usually are fast and short flowering.
And for the Autos outdoor I kinda go for the slow ones that mention long flowering times like 11 weeks or more, as those can turn out quite a big bush outside and can make use of the Summer Sun to flower.
So if you like sativas maybe try a very sativa heavy auto next year and hybrid photos that have short flowering periods. You'd already have more bud development now and you could eye at harvesting next month.
The ones you got now will need Sept-Okt & Nov to flower.

Even with a photo that starts flowering in August and builds nice buds through September it's a challenge and I have to choose harvesting early in the window as the bigger the buds are when it gets humid and cold well those can go sour fast as well. When it's almost October it's really up to the weather gods, can we go a couple of weeks longer or not.
And it involves closely monitoring the plants with the weather, shake off the plants from dew and rain or heavy mist, keep an eye out for rot.
Frankly it's stress :D I don't know how farmers deal with that.. a bit of bad weather or a nice hail storm can ruin their whole thing... no wonder they used to sacrifice things in hope for a good harvest and keep the storms away. I would.
We didn't have any plants this year, as well my friend was still smoking from the harvest the year before and there's still plenty and we both continue to grow indoors as well.

So yeah good luck! They look nice but they still got a long way to go as they just are getting started.
Don't know what the conditions in PA are but here's hoping you get an Indian Summer..

Yes on light manipulation, they are sativa dominate, healthy ladies so give them as much full daily sun as possible. Malted barley in your soil mix will speed things up but alls you can do at this point is to add some as top dress & scratch it in a little bit. But next season is game on add MB to you soil mix before potting up and at last transplant too. Watch for crust layer on top of soil, it’s a calcium ask. If crust appears then till the top 1 inch of soil, break it up good, add ewc & you are good to go… repeat as necessary,

yes sativa leaner so sit back & keep an eye on them- it’s the long way home

You’ve got some trees there, really nice work!!!

Outdoor? No my latitude ends up somewhere in Canada, if I try Sativas that need to flower 100 days or more I don't have any bud to speak of. They grow whispery thin as temperature and light hours go down quickly once we hit September and it gets very grey and cloudy & dark once we hit October so those few light hours we have don't have much punch.
And if the plant managed some bigger buds, those are likely lost to rot if they need to survive through October & November.
So yeah I avoid long flowering Sativas with a passion.
I personally think there's nothing wrong with hybrids.
Outdoor we usually go with two larger photoperiods and four autos the photoperiods are chosen either if they mention early flowering and short flowering periods like 7-8 weeks or strains that are favoured & hardened by Northern outdoor growers in Holland or Canada and those usually are fast and short flowering.
And for the Autos outdoor I kinda go for the slow ones that mention long flowering times like 11 weeks or more, as those can turn out quite a big bush outside and can make use of the Summer Sun to flower.
So if you like sativas maybe try a very sativa heavy auto next year and hybrid photos that have short flowering periods. You'd already have more bud development now and you could eye at harvesting next month.
The ones you got now will need Sept-Okt & Nov to flower.

Even with a photo that starts flowering in August and builds nice buds through September it's a challenge and I have to choose harvesting early in the window as the bigger the buds are when it gets humid and cold well those can go sour fast as well. When it's almost October it's really up to the weather gods, can we go a couple of weeks longer or not.
And it involves closely monitoring the plants with the weather, shake off the plants from dew and rain or heavy mist, keep an eye out for rot.
Frankly it's stress :D I don't know how farmers deal with that.. a bit of bad weather or a nice hail storm can ruin their whole thing... no wonder they used to sacrifice things in hope for a good harvest and keep the storms away. I would.
We didn't have any plants this year, as well my friend was still smoking from the harvest the year before and there's still plenty and we both continue to grow indoors as well.

So yeah good luck! They look nice but they still got a long way to go as they just are getting started.
Don't know what the conditions in PA are but here's hoping you get an Indian Summer..
Such good info! Right now it’s 80 with a nice breeze. It got up to 90 yesterday which is 10 degrees higher than normal!

All my Mandevilla’s are still looking great (unusual) and hummingbirds got here late but they are showing no signs of leaving. I trust the animals and plants to tell me about nature, I said to a friend 2 months ago it’s gonna be a long summer based on the patterns of plants and birds.

That’s a great idea about autos.

Luckily, I can run out and move them if there are storms. I guess that’s the benefit to 4. I am a helicopter Mom! 😂

Back
Top Bottom