Germination Question

Happy1

I have 5 Northern Light seeds coming up on 24 hrs in purified water, all are now on the bottom looking good, can see a trace of white root, a trace....have not opened. Should I move them into the grow blocks now or wait till they pop?

upnorth said:
i would place in moist paper towel till 1/4 inch long but its just me

that's what I do, I dont even put them in water.. I just place them in a soaking wet paper towel folded over the seeds on top of a paper plate..Then put another plate ontop upside down to keep moisture in. Good luck

I usually just drop them into a moist peat pellet, you can also use roc wool. I have used the paper towel method before but i dont think its quite as good as seeding directly into what you will be using for growing.

I have six bagseed right now that I just plopped straight into the soil, however this grow is completely experimental and i'll chop the plants soon.

I just want to try something about before I attempt it on brand name genetics.

There are plenty of ways to germinate seeds, on my first grow attempt (I say attempt because it was outdoors and they got eaten), I had about 36 or so seeds germinated in a wet papertowel, with the taproots out a good quarter inch or so, planted straight into the ground with a mix of store bought soil and the natural soil around the area, most of them popped right up within a day or two.

Good luck.

:grinjoint: I have always just put the seeds between moist Paper towel till the white part is about a 1/4 inch or maybe a little less or a little more.Usually if the seed is broken open and you can see the white part coming out then your good to go:joint:

Back
Top Bottom