Fumigus' Opinions on Canadian Commercial Weed

Cannibiphilis fumigus

Hey fellow potheads!

I'm going to do a little thing on here which will amount to a Reader's Digest condensed version of a smoke report on stuff I buy at the Canadian government pot shops. I haven't looked around to see if anyone else is doing it - surely somebody has got to be doing that on here by now - but anyways, I smoke enough of it to give my opinion on a wide variety of it. Very rarely have I been disappointed with what I buy there so I could offer ideas WRT something to look for. THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, PAID OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY WEED I CONSUME OR FOR ANY ITEM I USE, just my own humble opinion of stuff I like.

I'm a regular customer of Cannabis NB, in Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada, and have been since Canada's laws changed. The staff there are all very friendly and knowledgeable in their duties, and they get to know your personal preferences to the point where they know what to recommend to you when they get something new in. At first, the prices were still high so a lot of the weed I smoked was still black market. When they went in the hole because of the "competition" the government lowered the prices. As well, the inventory is diverse with Cannabis products and other supplies. All in all, a real nice place to make your purchases...

I'm smoking some nice stuff today called Royal Highness by Good Supply, a hybrid. It's 20% THC and 0.07% CBD. It's been giving me wicked headrushes (reset buttons for the brain) since I started smoking it two hours ago. A very nice high, more noticeable than most stuff I smoke. Give me a few minutes for a joint and I'll see if I can describe it...

(Time Span: 1 joint)

The first thing I noticed when rolling it was that although it was dry enough to break up with my fingers, it didn't go to dust like some that I've crushed up. It's a very pale green bud that's light and fluffy and stays that way when it's rolled. Looking at it under a 40x illuminated hand lens (a review of that will be coming as well), the buds are densely covered with trichomes that are all an even amber colour. A very beautiful sight indeed, as can be seen in this picture:
PSX_20200927_153701.jpg

Hey, I just noticed... that bud looks like South America.

I'm impressed with the sweet fruity taste for sure. It's actually better than most of the stuff I've been buying from there lately. It's a very mild smoke that doesn't leave me coughing, also like some others that I've gotten. Hang on, let me try another one...

Yeah, it's hard to spell here with killer headrushes interrupting me left and right. But yeah, what I'm checking here as I one-handedly type while blacking out is for any residual taste of chlorophyll. There doesn't appear to be any significant amount, certainly not enough to lessen the pleasure my smoking experience. No residual chemical taste of any nutrients or other additives (I tried some once that tasted terrible - don't know if it was anything like that, but I do also smoke it for the taste.

As for after-effects, I can say that I'd probably decline if someone asked me to operate a tractor right about now. I'd probably decline if someone asked me to go to the fridge. I'd probably go to the fridge for myself though. Yeah, definitely myself, but otherwise I'm good here on the couch. As for effects on my ADHD, I can't see it helping with my focusing. This is not one of my hyperactive days so but the way I feel I can make a nice guess and say that if it was, it would probably calm me down.

While on this I am not just sitting here fidgeting, which is mostly how the hyperactivity manifests itself with me. I'm 57 now, diagnosed with ADHD last year and although I'm on Concerta, a time-release form of Ritalin, it only lasts me for seven hours. Now the hyperactivity in the name in fact means hyperactivity in the brain. Physical h.a. is a direct result of that, and with arthritis on top of all this crap the physical part is not highly expressed. That and I'm predominantly attention-deficit anyway; that's probably a factor somewhere in there too. But I digress...

Yeah, what I was getting at is that due to the slowing down of my thoughts, I can concentrate on things. Normally I'm fidgeting until I compulsively roll a spliff so I can have something to do. On some days I have to do this even while my meds are kicked in, but certainly not today.

OK, I can see that this may be a bit of therapeutic writing for me too. As well as ADHD, I have depression/anxiety and a bit of PTSD to contend with and this journal will help me, and with luck, others too. So as I say when telling people about psychological disorders...

WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

Nice to meet you Cannabiphilis fumigas, great name! I grew up in the Maritimes, but now live in BC and can relate to your story. I've had a sleeping disorder all my life and Cannabis is the one sleeping med that I don't worry about developing a tolerance to. Having said that I find Canadian commercial pot hit or miss. Generally I prefer not to buy it if I don't have to because I want to be sure I'm vaping organic, outdoor sun grown pot, and I'm not sure what the licenced producers use for ferts, fungicides or pesticides. I know there are a few Commercial growers who say they are100% organic, but I still don't feel I can take a chance and that is why I grow myself.

My day started with harvesting my Beanhoader cross Durban Poison x Big Freeze which was a huge plant until it split in four parts all landing in the tall grass or in my garden. I had topped it twice so there were four main branches that fell apart in a wind storm and landed on the ground like four compass points. The strange thing is all four parts survived continued to grow as they were still tenuously attached to the main stalk. Strangely and happily for me each part started sending shoots up all over the garden and surrounding hill. Really strange. I think this plant will yield well over a pound of dried bud. Here are some pics. Has anyone had a similar experience with a plant splitting apart and continuing to grow?

Attachments

• Split plant.jpg
    Split plant.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
  • Large cola in grass.jpg
    Large cola in grass.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 317
  • Cola in grass.jpg
    Cola in grass.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 308
  • Buds from 2 of the split branches.jpg
    Buds from 2 of the split branches.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 353
  • two big colas.jpg
    two big colas.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 334
Hey fellow potheads!

I'm going to do a little thing on here which will amount to a Reader's Digest condensed version of a smoke report on stuff I buy at the Canadian government pot shops.

condensed smoke report - it's all crap.

get in the life and learn to grow your meds. better lifestyle, healthier product, better life. jump in brother.

are you saying Canadian commercial weed is all crap, or what he said is crap? I enjoyed his articulate and thoughtful reflection. Cut him some slack man, smoke a dube.

commercial weed is crap.

plus he's trying to address a medical need all wrong - check the other posts. i am concerned for both his well-being and other new folk who may look at this as bible. i don't think he's very versed in mmj, but that is what he is trying to address and project.

commercial weed is crap.

plus he's trying to address a medical need all wrong - check the other posts. i am concerned for both his well-being and other new folk who may look at this as bible. i don't think he's very versed in mmj, but that is what he is trying to address and project.
Oh this is by no means meant to be carved-in-stone advice. I like the products I get there and some of it I respond to better than others. If something helps me focus or calm down, maybe someone else will too.

And as for being well-versed in something, well, I don't know about yourself, but I don't start out in things as an expert. And my well-being is the same as it has been for the last 57 years: in desperate need of improvement.

condensed smoke report - it's all crap.

get in the life and learn to grow your meds. better lifestyle, healthier product, better life. jump in brother.
commercial weed is crap.

This isn't particularly helpful in an opinion thread, man, I can't be alone cringing being talked about in 3rd person invisible...

I have access to the Ontario Cannabis Store, I wanted to checkout your opinion @Cannibiphilis fumigus for parallels accross the country.

During the lockdown I got a little extra "doomsdayer-y". I liked the OCS offered buying on my credit card and free shipping to a post office. I started buying 3.5 gram samples of hybrids, and high indica strains avoiding sativa and thought they were all smokable. Now I save up for the frugal bulk buy offers in at about $4.20- $5.00/g. Shipping has been good, too!

Keep them coming, your sharing your opinions of your smoke report could help someone struggling for a way to ride out these unsettling times.

This isn't particularly helpful in an opinion thread, man, I can't be alone cringing being talked about in 3rd person invisible...

I have access to the Ontario Cannabis Store, I wanted to checkout your opinion @Cannibiphilis fumigus for parallels accross the country.

During the lockdown I got a little extra "doomsdayer-y". I liked the OCS offered buying on my credit card and free shipping to a post office. I started buying 3.5 gram samples of hybrids, and high indica strains avoiding sativa and thought they were all smokable. Now I save up for the frugal bulk buy offers in at about $4.20- $5.00/g. Shipping has been good, too!

Keep them coming, your sharing your opinions of your smoke report could help someone struggling for a way to ride out these unsettling times.
Thanks Konk, I do like my criticism to be constructive, but everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess.

During the lockdown I was in lockdown...literally, the slammer, and the vast majority of info coming into our unit was in TV form. We saw death tolls rising, national leaders telling people to keep calm, riots everywhere... it was like watching a Stephen King movie. And then when I got out, the wife literally had to take me by the hand and guide me through established routes in the stores and stuff. The roads were almost deserted and I guess they will be again soon.

But at least the pot shop didn't close. Smart. It would be a bad time to have people running back to the black market dealers. I've seen it as low as $15 for a 3.5g container, but mostly they go for $25 and up. And here in New Brunswick you pay that for black market which, if anything ever was, is of questionable origin and quality. I trust what I get at the store over that.

But thanks for tuning in man, and welcome to my world. When I get a couple more smokes in me I'm going to do a little writeup on some TWD indica that I got an hour ago.

Nice to meet you Cannabiphilis fumigas, great name! I grew up in the Maritimes, but now live in BC and can relate to your story. I've had a sleeping disorder all my life and Cannabis is the one sleeping med that I don't worry about developing a tolerance to. Having said that I find Canadian commercial pot hit or miss. Generally I prefer not to buy it if I don't have to because I want to be sure I'm vaping organic, outdoor sun grown pot, and I'm not sure what the licenced producers use for ferts, fungicides or pesticides. I know there are a few Commercial growers who say they are100% organic, but I still don't feel I can take a chance and that is why I grow myself.

My day started with harvesting my Beanhoader cross Durban Poison x Big Freeze which was a huge plant until it split in four parts all landing in the tall grass or in my garden. I had topped it twice so there were four main branches that fell apart in a wind storm and landed on the ground like four compass points. The strange thing is all four parts survived continued to grow as they were still tenuously attached to the main stalk. Strangely and happily for me each part started sending shoots up all over the garden and surrounding hill. Really strange. I think this plant will yield well over a pound of dried bud. Here are some pics. Has anyone had a similar experience with a plant splitting apart and continuing to grow?
Congrats for bringing your plant through the damage. I was trying to do some LST on mine and almost tore a branch off. So I grossed out for awhile and decided to leave it as is. It turned out to be one of the best branches on the plant. Same thing only different. I'm not growing roses; don't care what it looks like.
20200928_135001.jpg

Thanks Konk, I do like my criticism to be constructive, but everyone is entitled to an opinion I guess.
Right, it gets blury when opinions of opinions start competing.

During the lockdown I was in lockdown...literally, the slammer, and the vast majority of info coming into our unit was in TV form. We saw death tolls rising, national leaders telling people to keep calm, riots everywhere... it was like watching a Stephen King movie. And then when I got out, the wife literally had to take me by the hand and guide me through established routes in the stores and stuff. The roads were almost deserted and I guess they will be again soon.
Yeah, I can't even imagine. My mind has been coated in gummies since about March 10th. :lot-o-toke:

But thanks for tuning in man, and welcome to my world. When I get a couple more smokes in me I'm going to do a little writeup on some TWD indica that I got an hour ago.
I have dabbled with the TWD indica, its the reason I'm still in my a$$ grove :bong:. I'll be sure to check it out!

Right, it gets blury when opinions of opinions start competing.

Yeah, I can't even imagine. My mind has been coated in gummies since about March 10th. :lot-o-toke:

I have dabbled with the TWD indica, its the reason I'm still in my a$$ grove :bong:. I'll be sure to check it out!
I've been stoned pretty much since May 8 when I got out. I'd prefer that a shrink adjust my meds or try something else that will do me better, but whaddaya do?

but whaddaya do?

I'd prefer that a shrink adjust my meds or try something else that will do me better

You start by acknowledging something isn't quite right... Seems like you've given it some thought.
Call them, they should have a phone appointment of some kind, even just to touch base if it crosses your mind... we have a teleheath # in Ontario probably because you can't find a doctor taking patients.

I actually had a phone appointment with a psychologist yesterday but i don't think he even called. At least not the cell number he used the other day. But he can't do anything about the meds anyway and would probably, like all other mental health workers, tell me to stop smoking weed, whereupon I'd probably tell him to kiss me arse or something. I called last year's shrink an idiot and this year's one a waste of time and walked out on them both. But I've given up taking crap from them if they won't help me, only sit there for an hour and state the obvious.

Matter of fact, when I told off the one last year it was on video call and my mental health nurse was with me and when I started on my rant she could really only sit there and observe, but when I walked out of the office she followed and told me how proud she was of me because standing up for myself is something I need practice with.

I actually had a phone appointment with a psychologist yesterday but i don't think he even called. At least not the cell number he used the other day.
I tend to relentlessly advocate for better from them. Call, leave messages, be a squeaky wheel, escalate your concerns. Pretty much a "do no harm, take no $hit" sort of balance.

Matter of fact, when I told off the one last year it was on video call and my mental health nurse was with me and when I started on my rant she could really only sit there and observe, but when I walked out of the office she followed and told me how proud she was of me because standing up for myself is something I need practice with.
It takes a lot of energy to get what you need from our mental health care system, channel that standing up for yourself!

I am in a phase of picking my battles with a couple of surly teens scowling all damn day, nonsense from school boards, and even the news I just don't engage in the noise. Everyone is coping somehow, I try to include myself in my advocacy - meaning fight for myself with the same ferocity I would for my family, I am a priority, too.

The problem is that I'm trying to do it through government shrinks rather than private-practice ones and it's like two different sets of ethics.

And my own doctor... nothing doing with my mental health. And my last doctor, whom my present one had trained under, was only too eager to hep me with it.

As for surly teens, I have a 15 yo niece, the person I'm probably closer to than anyone, barring my wife. The problem is that her father thinks the parenting techniques that didn't work on him will somehow magically work for him. So anyway, last night she ran away and although we know she's ok, nobody knows where she is yet. They should have sent me to talk to her. Yeah.

The problem is that I'm trying to do it through government shrinks rather than private-practice ones and it's like two different sets of ethics.

And my own doctor... nothing doing with my mental health. And my last doctor, whom my present one had trained under, was only too eager to hep me with it.
I am sticking with advocate for yourself like you would your wife or neice.

As for surly teens, I have a 15 yo niece, the person I'm probably closer to than anyone, barring my wife. The problem is that her father thinks the parenting techniques that didn't work on him will somehow magically work for him. So anyway, last night she ran away and although we know she's ok, nobody knows where she is yet. They should have sent me to talk to her. Yeah.
Yikes, that's scary! Hope she checks in with you asap!

I'd like for her to call but her severe overreactor of a grandmother lives with me (mother-in-law) and tends to old-school intimidation tactics. I've never once raised my voice to her and treat her like the little goddess I consider to be (and I'm an atheist haha).

Education makes a big difference; in old-school Newfoundland, a fishing nation owned by Britain, well, you don't need a degree to go haul nets and stuff. Then the island joined Canada in 1949 and now we have the largest university in the Atlantic provinces. I have a degree in Environmental Biology and I'm somewhat self-taught in psychology. I'm far from perfect, but I know what doesn't work on a person.

Doing my best to not stay straight today. Been raining all day and I got no focus whatsoever. Good day for getting whacked right out of it. I think all my running around is done and now I'm stepping it up to getting even whackeder. Went to the seed and paraphernalia store and bought a couple blueberry-flavored hemp cones and dropped off a sample of Hash Plant to one of the girls that works there. Breathtaking girl who brightens right up when she smiles, but I digress...

Back
Top Bottom