Fridge Dry Experiment

Indicolas

My electric bill is soaring. I'm in the islands so drying is a problem! I'm going to tent dry with AC for a 2 days to get the bulk moisture out then hang them in the fridge 2 days @40-45°F. Im hanging because my mini fridge has no air circulation? Buf it is frost free. Then bag them till they're down to 65-62°Rh. Then into Grove bags for the rest of way. I will check weekly. For bulk long term storage I'll burp/air them down to 58rh and store in a cool dark space. Do you think I'm on the right track. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts and comments.

Stay lit my friends...ph aka Indi

I heard good things about drying in the fridge. So far I have not attempted to do it because I am not sure if the humidity is at the desired level for drying cannabis, 55%.

I heard good things about drying in the fridge. So far I have not attempted to do it because I am not sure if the humidity is at the desired level for drying cannabis, 55%.
The mini fridge is designated only for this. Nothing else in there to add moisture other than the buds itself. This is my first time so we'll see. Hopefully the pudding. I could rotate big dried sponges to draw it down some... hmm.

When it is dry to touch, but still spongey and smelly - 6 weeks in the fridge

Have you seen the Low and Slow thread?
I read thru most of it. There's many variables and most of it problematic because of the ongoing changes thru the process. Too cold you get mold. On empty my #s are 40/35rh at setting 3. I'm going to try to stay 50+F. No matter how much you got in there the fridge will cycle to that temp. So it's the Rh (62)that needs to be dailed in constantly as the process goes on. If it's still to dry then they will be bagged. The Grove bag will automatically sweat the batch when into cure. That's how I seem to see it.

Back
Top Bottom