Flowering

tee44

420 Member
when does the plant start flowering i heard around the 3rd week of july is this true,and how much time will i have to pull the males out once they start to flower?:popcorn:

i would like to know the same q's but adding one more of my own. do the need exactly 12/12 or can i be a lil late (no timer)

cannabis starts to flower once it recognizes the days are getting shorter. so theoretically they will begin to flower after the summer soltices. ive noticed that most plants will start to show preflower towards the end of july and into august.
males usually show before the girls so id think youd have a week or 2 at the most before the girls get pollinated. the earlier the better though, unless you want seeds.

i would like to know the same q's but adding one more of my own. do the need exactly 12/12 or can i be a lil late (no timer)

its best if you flip them on and off at a set time but if you arent off by 20-30 mins youll hopefully be good. walmart has timers for about 10-12 dollars.

when does the plant start flowering i heard around the 3rd week of july is this true,and how much time will i have to pull the males out once they start to flower?:popcorn:

You don't have to wait that long (and take the very real chance of pollination occurring). Most plants show sex at (+/-) two months. There's a ton of images all over the Internet showing how to determine sex at that point.

I purchased a timer at home depot for under 5 bucks this week, easy to use and working great!! Beats worrying about doing it yourself or depending on someone else!

In California outdoor plants don't start going into flower usually until well into August, sometimes the end of August.

Same in Southern Oregon. By then male pollen sacs have normally completed their intended purpose. I prefer getting rid of or reserving select males for seed at least 100' downwind of the females as soon as sex shows while they're still in pots. But I'd probably be labeled as lazy by many because I don't like digging and filling big holes with the soil goodies when I have to yank plants from them.

Back
Top Bottom