First time grower needs some advice

jimmystoned

Hello Everyone ... My name is Jimmy first time grower need some advise

25 days ago i started growing Sativa .. with 24 hrs lighting Temp 27-29 degree Celsius (80-85F) 50-60 humidity
plants size is approx 5-6 inch tall ... when can i start flowering stage? no sign of Sex

and i have done few topping can you plz look at the picture and let me know did I do it correctly ....

and after how many more weeks can i put my plants to flowering stage

right now lighting is 24 hrs with 27 degree Celsius 50-60 humidity...

Topping image
DSC_02757.jpg

Topping Closeup image
DSC_027613.jpg

Size of my 25 days Sativa plant image ... no sign of sex .. when can i start flowering stage
DSC_025810.jpg

Thanking you
Jimmystoned

Hey jimmy looking good bud. You did do the topping correctly congrats.
You can put plants on the 12/12 flowering schedule as soon as they pop out of the ground, but they wont actually start to flower until they reach maturity which usually takes 2-4 weeks. Your plants can be flipped to 12/12 anytime you want. You should see some preflowers about 7-14 days after the flip. :goodjob:

Jimmy,
Get those plants under 18 on/6 off for vegging, plants need sleep time. Let those plants get almost root bound, then up can to the final pot (7 gal +) Give them a week or two to "hook up" with the new soil, then flip'em to 12/12. Sativa's can get tall as hell, hope your room has the headspace. Also remember that those plants continue to grow/stretch for the first 3-4 wks. of 12/12 (plan for 2-3 inches per week)
As Nic said, topping looks good. You can expect 3-4 tops from those. Keep it green Jimmy, looks like you have lots to play with.

Welcome to the club Jimmy, you found a good spot.

You mentioned that you had not sexed them yet .. look at some pix's of male and female plants and you'll clearly see that you got a female there. That V shape is female. Boys have balls.

But, yea, I agree. Let those girls sleep once in a while.

Also, suggest you research two methods of indoor grow.
Search the term "SCROG grow". This is my favorite.
Then search the term "Sea of Green grow" or "SOG".

The problem with indoor is that the light doesn't reach the bottom of the plant. The bottom half of a 5 foot indoor plant is basically wasted. I hate waste. Either of the two above greatly reduces that waste and makes your room much more efficient.

Check it out.
Keep growing.

~ Auggie ~

thankyou so much for ur advise ... I have stared 18/6 hrs light as it was on 24 hrs lighting for 25days ..... am planning to put my plants on the 12/12 hrs lighting after more 2 weeks ..
Thankyou again for ur help and advise ....

thankyou so much for ur advise ... I have stared 18/6 hrs light as it was on 24 hrs lighting for 25days ..... i have not put them in 5-7 gal pot because i have like 15 plants growing and as i am in a tight budget i have only 9 cfl Lights (1 - 85watt, 2- 45watt, 6- 27watt all CFL are cool daylight) am waiting plants to show their gender before i transfer them to 5-7 gal pot and i have also stared super cropping and topping, my room height is 10 ft ... am planning to put all my plant to 12/12 lighting after 2 weeks
Thankyou again for ur help and advise ....

thankyou so much for ur advise ... I have stared 18/6 hrs light as it was on 24 hrs lighting for 25days ..... i have not put them in 5-7 gal pot because i have like 15 plants growing and as i am in a tight budget i have only 9 cfl Lights (1 - 85watt, 2- 45watt, 6- 27watt all CFL are cool daylight) am waiting plants to show their gender before i transfer them to 5-7 gal pot and i have also stared super cropping and topping, my room height is 10 ft ... am planning to put all my plant to 12/12 lighting after 2 weeks
Thankyou again for ur help and advise .... i will definitely look for SCROG grow technics

Thankyou again for ur help and advise .... i will look for Pre flowering technic

Thankyou again for ur help and advise .... i will definitely look for pre flowering technics

Back
Top Bottom