First Grow: Northern Light A/F & Durban Poison F

Rita024

I will soon move my seeds to soil. They’re lying between paper towels... 4 northern lights autoflowering feminized and 1 Durban Poison feminized. They are two days old.

I bought basic turf soil from flower shop and mixed it with some backyard soil. I guess it was a little too dirty. Smells some piss. But not so strong. Some of the smell belongs to some other soil I am trying to compost some organic waste...

I have a led. Which has 180x1.6w bulbs. That calculation comes out of saler’s word to me that the lamp will consume 300w. Half of the lamps are red and the other half are blue. It costed me 250$ and other 200 to seeds.

Of course there are some more seeds for later.

I want to add some more dry and the most basic driest plant soil and mix all together and remove unbroken nitrutens. Like rotten smelly muddy parts which still continues to break chemicals I guess.

So will put small weeds directly in that mix.

I have read some saying the most basic is the best. For more, I plan simple similar feeding and training methods with most of the plants. I plan to work on LST. Maybe little feeding during frowering and some small before light schedule for Durban. Durban’s light necessities, I guess will not effect auto. Right?

Then put it in a room which will not let any air to go out but only will fan some air in trough a carbon filter.

I can’t let smell go out.

A room to this. I may plant some vegetables also... is it ok? I will turn the walls with nylon and cover every inch of it with white papers. Or I will use some white fabric streched between two poles. In this case would you suggest any?

I may buy a portable AC.
Will buy a fan.

And that’s it for now. What do you say?

1) Autos are not affected by light schedule, so you can grow them out to harvest in with your vegging ladies or when you switch them to 12/12.

2) You can grow garden-variety vegetables indoors, too, along side the cannabis. Some veggies repel bugs so can be used as companion plants.

3) Anything white will work for walls. I have used bed sheets and cheapo white poly tarps. You get a LOT of fabric from a kind sized white top sheet.

4) a fan to circulate air and prevent mold is absolutely necessary. Even a little cheapo desk fan or one on a clippie will work.

5) Cannibus will be fine even at 80 degrees F, esp if you have plenty of air circulation.

I rejuvenate my used soil mix with a dose of nutes and mykos bacteria. I leave the old roots in as food for the mykos and to feed any other good microorganisms that have found their way into the soil.

I am not discharging any interruption. I will keep dirty soil and cure it. Thinking of putting a handful of worms in it, maybe. I need to transplant to soil ASAP. Durban Poison is already longer than 1cm.

Today will do some shopping.

After that message I went out and rented a car bought some soil, some other seeds (similar to mint) and put Durban into the soil directly that night. 1 day passed waiting. Northern light seeds are taking it easy. Some didn’t crack yet. Soil was too cold so I started my lamp. This week I’ll move them to final place

I will upload some photos on my off day.

Durban came out of soil. But it seems a little yellowish. Any suggestions? I want to wait and see, then decide... but open for ideas.

I will put a white economi light open beside of it. So I hope warm and light will be enough. It is in my bathroom. Until I finish setting up the room.

Yesterday night when I back home soils surface was dried up, because of heat I guess. Under my light (half red half blue) Durban was looking total purple. Is it how is it gonna be? I turned light off and during night it stretched straight up. Looking strong but as I mentioned not so healthy because of that yellowish color. Tonight, I may change soil.

Durban Poison looks totally fine, I guess... here is a photo of her:

Yesterday night she wasn’t looking that well. Maybe light was too strong or maybe soil wasn’t that good. I removed the soil around her and replaced it with a cleaner one. Didn’t move her but tried to get close to her as much as I can. It’s being more than two days since I’ve moved her to soil but not three. So she is one week old since getting wet, 5 days since cracked and three since kissing soil.

Today I run that light and result was excellent. I put another light out of cover but it was to make soil hot.

Heath helps a lot.

Tomorrow morning, I will put two of Northern Light into soil.

How about 24 hours of light? Will non auto be ok if I keep light open until flowering?

And i want to ask if it is ok to lock all the air in and run a carbon filter in the middle of the room. Does this have any side effect like odor gels do?

I can pump filtered air in. I will try to maintain it but will it keep the smell in, I don’t know. I have interior space but neighborhood might be trouble... so, safety is important for me.

Need to simplify, is it ok for a few plant to live off and have a good yield in a total air locked area? With only a fan. It is one of a small bedroom. Odor gel outside of the room. Maybe a carbon filter to run in the middle or just filtering air in?

And I want to run strong lamp for 18 and a couple of weak lamps for 6 until flower, no dark.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom