First Grow New Facilities

Just another update of root growth on the clones.

Roots77.jpg

I also tried to run the wire today, but didn't have a piece of plywood thick enough to support me in the ceiling. I came home and immediately put one in the truck, so tomorrow morning I should be able to crawl back in to try and run the wire. Fingers crossed.

To pull your wire easy, drill the hole in the top plate, and knock out the junction box slug and hole behind it if needed. Use a shop vac to pull a piece of string through one hole and then thru the next. Then fish the wire.

Nice roots!
Don't fall through the ceiling when you pull the wire, hahaha.
Are you planning to flower soon?
:peace:

Thank you brother. I hope not to fall through. Would not be nice, finished ceiling and all. The real problem is head space. Seems to be quite a few nails jutting through from the shingles. Once I get the wire run, I can run a test on the system to make sure all is working as designed. If all goes well, start flowering by the weekend, or mid week at the latest. That will put me about 2 weeks past my scheduled harvest date. Always good to see ya brother.

yea dont fall through the ceiling

Fingers crossed, I should be fine. Post wiring is always a challenge, but one I am very experienced at. Spent 11 years in the cable tv industry, mostly as a designer. But I had occasion to work with the wiring teams inhouse. We ran all our own cable in the new facilitiy. Just like the old days!!

To pull your wire easy, drill the hole in the top plate, and knock out the junction box slug and hole behind it if needed. Use a shop vac to pull a piece of string through one hole and then thru the next. Then fish the wire.
Excellant idea. We did the same thing when pulling through conduit. No conduit here, so I will use a wire fish tape. Would be much easier if there were two of me...lol. One in the ceiling and one down below. Figure if I use enough four letter words, it should go easier. :) The fact that I am pulling #8 gauge will not make things easier, to be sure. The panel is located 5 foot down from the ceiling, so hopefully that works to my advantage. Excellant ideas though, appreciate it very much.

My guy says if there is no insulation, the easiest way is to drop a chain down to the box and put a magnet on a stick or coat hangar to snag the chain fast.

If there is insulation, attach a chain leader to your fish tape before you force it past the insulation.

Also don't forget to disable the power to the box first, just in case you hit the hole on the first try. Please be careful !!

My guy says if there is no insulation, the easiest way is to drop a chain down to the box and put a magnet on a stick or coat hangar to snag the chain fast.

If there is insulation, attach a chain leader to your fish tape before you force it past the insulation.

Also don't forget to disable the power to the box first, just in case you hit the hole on the first try. Please be careful !!

That is another excellant way to pull wire. I am unable to shut down power, so I will just be careful around the live lines. I am used to working with live lines, but I will remain vigilant. Thank you once again for the suggestions.

Wow, lol I was like I need to get one of these his plants look amazing already, looked up 6 bulb T5 unti=500$ lol.. Guess I got some saving up to do. I do have to say these are some amazingly healthy looking plants.. Do you inject them with plant steroids or something.. jk lol

Wow, lol I was like I need to get one of these his plants look amazing already, looked up 6 bulb T5 unti=500$ lol.. Guess I got some saving up to do. I do have to say these are some amazingly healthy looking plants.. Do you inject them with plant steroids or something.. jk lol

Thank you brother. The T5's I have only cost me $75.00 each, complete with bulbs. Friend of a friend gets them. He fixes the units, but can't send them out as "new", so he sells them on the side for $75 each. As for the plants health, it comes down to a clean room, great nutrients, and plenty of light. The plants do all the rest.

Good deal. Is a T5 better than a HPS? I have one HPS that's 150 watts, but I have yet to find a ballast that isn't 150$ and used as a garden wall-mount light.

Back
Top Bottom