Exhausting Basement - Inquiry

masoct3

420 Member
Hello,

This week I am putting together my 4x4 in my basement. Nearby is an egress window that I would like to utilize for exhausting the tent. What ideas or what have you al utilized in my situation?

Would something like this work? Similar?

Thank you!!

PXL_20240902_214520801.MP.jpg

That looks like it would work! And I might grab one as well! The one thing it needs is a flap door on it and a screen.

Flap to keep outside air from going into the tent when the exhaust isn’t on and a screen to keep critters of all size out :)

What ideas or what have you al utilized in my situation?
I have the fan attached to the filter exhaust back into the tent. That helps keep the heat in the basement room. If the tent gets too hot then I open the door part way or all the way depending on how hot it actually is getting.

The Window Seal Kit looks like it is just what you need for the basement window.

Most of the vent hoses for growing tents seem to come in 4, 6 and occasionally 8 inch diameter. The kit you are considering has an opening of 5.9 inches so be prepared for reducing from your hose or stepping up depending on what size hose your air filtering equipment uses. It should work out.

That window looks like it swings open, not slides and, if so, that kit won't work.

I have a swing window for my air conditioner exhaust and what I did was get a piece of rigid insulation cut to fit the window opening and an HVAC adapter cut into it which the hose attaches to. My hose was the standard 4" but I think they also make a 6" depending on what your fan metrics are.

If your window does slide open that kit probably will work fine.

So an update...

This window is not a swing window. I found the following on AC Infinity's website for what I have envisioned...

Good find. I’m grabbing one of them there kits :)

Back
Top Bottom