Do you use Real Growers Recharge?

The123321

How much do you use and how often do you use it? What would you think about using it in coconut water when you use it? I am thinking of giving it 1 time per week with coconut water on there.

Any time you wish to apply a massive inoculation of microbes of all kinds, without having to go to the trouble of brewing a compost tea, RealGrower's Recharge is the way to go. If you are using non chlorinated water and in soil, the microbes will easily survive for a week, so once a week application is fine. If you are in a soilless medium or are using tap water in soil, then every other watering might not be good enough to keep enough microbes going so as to be able to survive between waterings.

I use it in veg. Sometimes early in bloom in organic soil and soil with bottled ferts. I don't measure, just a tiny bit goes a long way IMO. After seedlings are established I use it in almost every water. Too much will not hurt anything. But if I had to guess I use 1/4 tsp per gallon. Great stuff

I would love to be trying this too, but unfortunately it's not available here in New Zealand. I am a little reluctant to import any 420 related growing stuff, as it sort of tips your hand a bit to Customs on what you're up to.

Does adding this to your feed make a real difference? What does it exactly do? Been looking into it just dont know if it's worth the investment? I'm using bot fert and planning to switch over to MC any thoughts?
There is a misconception out there that just having what are known as beneficial bacteria in your soil, is a good thing, and should be your goal in applying RGR. You have asked the right question though, just what do those microbes do when and if they hit a soil that is not minerally enhanced? The answer is, they die. They provide nothing to the grow simply by being there and their deaths contribute nothing either. Unless you are growing organically, without nutes from a bottle or a bag, putting microbes in a grow is just a waste of time and money. Them being there is not enhancing the grow in any way. Especially with MegaCrop, where the Vegan Amino Chelated nutrients take over the feeding cycle, the microbes will be ignored for the most part.

There is a misconception out there that just having what are known as beneficial bacteria in your soil, is a good thing, and should be your goal in applying RGR. You have asked the right question though, just what do those microbes do when and if they hit a soil that is not minerally enhanced? The answer is, they die. They provide nothing to the grow simply by being there and their deaths contribute nothing either. Unless you are growing organically, without nutes from a bottle or a bag, putting microbes in a grow is just a waste of time and money. Them being there is not enhancing the grow in any way. Especially with MegaCrop, where the Vegan Amino Chelated nutrients take over the feeding cycle, the microbes will be ignored for the most part.
Thanks for the explanation it really cleared things up for me, I'll give it a try in the future when I have space to cook organic soil to use.
:thumb:

Thanks. I am using organic nutrients now and the next grow in a few weeks will be in soil with the organic dry amendments in the biotabs. Emilya what do you use for ph up and down or do you even do that? The calmag that I use and the ph up and down are the only chemical things I use now and I do not use the calmag in the biotabs grows but from what I have read many of the non chemical ph up and down only work for a little while and then the ph drifts. I plan to use a reservoir with autopots with the biotabs and while the biotabs people say you do not need to ph when you use biotabs you would think it would still be a good idea to at least get the ph in the right range on there. The ascorbic acid vitamin c powder that I use to remove chloramine does lower the ph though it drifts up after 1 day and the water would likely be in the reservoir for a few days before it is used and refreshed on there.

The only reason that we adjust pH is so that chelated nutes are in the range that they are designed to release the nutrients, but if you are in an organic grow and not feeding the plants in this way, there is no need to adjust your pH. As far as drifting... you want it to drift if you are using nutes, all through the usable range. You adjust to the low point in the range and let the pH drift toward the upper limit. So no... I do not pH adjust... not in my organic soil grows nor in my soil/Megacrop grows... it just isn't necessary.

One more question if you don't mind answering this for me. When you refer to minerally enhanced soil as in supersoil or LOS that has been admended? And just feeding straight water with the recharge would work best as in replacement for teas? Would it also work for premixed soil like FFOF?
Thanks again!

One more question if you don't mind answering this for me. When you refer to minerally enhanced soil as in supersoil or LOS that has been admended? And just feeding straight water with the recharge would work best as in replacement for teas? Would it also work for premixed soil like FFOF?
Thanks again!
All I do in veg is FFOF and recharge in #1's. Then when I flip I up pot into super soil. I occasionally use Roots organic soil in veg instead of FFOF

FFOF is a great soil, but it is not enhanced with all of the minerals that our plants need for an entire grow. A supersoil or an actual living organic soil has had a large amount of raw minerals added in and "cooked" for several months so as to release some of those nutrients into an available form as well as to quiet (cool) down the chemical interactions going on between the raw minerals and the other organics in the soil. Once the pH normalizes in this hot mix of chemicals, life can be supported by the rich soil that results and can then be called a supersoil.

My last organic grow was devoted to proving that RealGrower's Recharge could totally replace the need to brew compost teas for a TLO grow. TLO is organic, but it is not living organic, and needs regular infusions of microbes to provide for the plants. Normally this is done with specific period dependent tea recipes about once a week, but RGR allowed for providing a strong tea without all the mess and complications of brewing your own any time you water, and it worked very well. Organic gardening no longer needs to be restricted to those who gather the equipment and knowledge to be able to produce effective teas. All one needs is a mineralized supersoil in the bottom third of their container, and FFOF or any other good organic soil as the top 2/3, and some RGR, and that grow will be a very easy to maintain organic grow that needs nothing other than water and that RGR. Unfortunately, without a mineralized supersoil as part of the container mix, FFOF simply does not have the large amounts of minerals needed for an organic grow and RGR applied to that soil only would quickly run out of things to process.

If you watch DGC they say recharge is good for Any style of growing, even DWC. Everything alive has microbes and bacteria. I'd suggest watching the DGC for info on their product instead of depending on advice from others that obviously don't know as much as the people who offer it

I really hope you weren't offering this video as proof that this guy knows what he is talking about or that it somehow implies that microbes are needed for every type of growing. When you supply readily available nutes to the plant, they no longer send the signals down to the roots that it needs more nutrition from the microbes... the plant already has all it needs. The microbial feeding cycle may still exist in some small form, but underutilized and unrewarded microbes die off rapidly when they are not needed. Sure, you can use RGR in all sorts of grow methods without harm... but is it really worth the money to do so? Only the marketers of RGR will adamantly tell you that this is true.

Back
Top Bottom