Do clones finish earlier than the mother?

I just read on another site someone mentioned that clones finish 2-3 weeks earlier than the seed mother, is this true?
Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
Same plant, same genetics , same flowering time .:Namaste:
No different. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
Same plant, same genetics , same flowering time .:Namaste:
No different. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That does make a lot of sense.

Here is where I got the "clones finish earlier" claim from...

Quote from Mr Nice shop under Neville's Haze: "A tip for those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep; clones usually finish 2-3 weeks earlier than the seed mother plant."

I've emailed Shantibaba to help clear this up.

That does make a lot of sense.

Here is where I got the "clones finish earlier" claim from...

Quote from Mr Nice shop under Neville's Haze: "A tip for those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep; clones usually finish 2-3 weeks earlier than the seed mother plant."

I've emailed Shantibaba to help clear this up.
I can see where a mother has been kept growing slowly under dim lighting it would take a couple more days to rev up and get going.
But 2 to 3 weeks would be an industry go to every time if it were remotely true. :Namaste:
Imagine a greenhouse you could harvest 3 weeks sooner ever time.
The savings would be huge.
They grow clones and seeds side by side no difference. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I can see where a mother has been kept growing slowly under dim lighting it would take a couple more days to rev up and get going.
But 2 to 3 weeks would be an industry go to every time if it were remotely true. :Namaste:
Imagine a greenhouse you could harvest 3 weeks sooner ever time.
The savings would be huge.
They grow clones and seeds side by side no difference. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah 2-3 weeks earlier harvest would be a game changer. I'll see what Shantibaba says.

Probably depends on when you measure the clone's start date as. Is it taking a cutting the day you plant your seed, or is it up potting a rooted cutting at the time you plant your seed?

I can see a two week shorter timeline under the latter definition.

Probably depends on when you measure the clone's start date as. Is it taking a cutting the day you plant your seed, or is it up potting a rooted cutting at the time you plant your seed?

I can see a two week shorter timeline under the latter definition.
It wouldn't make a difference when the start point was taken because flowering outdoors takes place at the same time, so a mother and a clone will flower at the same time.

And indoors, if you flip to 12/12 to trigger flowering, both mother and clone will flower at the same time.

For the clone to finish 2-3 weeks before the mother that would mean the clone has a 2-3 week shorter flowering time, which I admit is a bit suspect:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom