Curling leaves and they pray a lot like all day

Canachris

I've tried and check this issue and got very little info and most posts go off track. This plant is 5weeks veg she had this weird curling of the leaves and always seem to be praying. the other plant rite next to her does neither . at first I checked light distance an that was well within recommend specs. then I noticed one of the reflector panels was shining light up from underneath . fixed that and it's been a week and still doing it. any thoughts ? all in all it doesn't look unhealthy just don't want to let it become an issue

IMG_20240619_050954785.jpg

IMG_20240619_110441143.jpg

I've tried and check this issue and got very little info and most posts go off track. This plant is 5weeks veg she had this weird curling of the leaves and always seem to be praying. the other plant rite next to her does neither . at first I checked light distance an that was well within recommend specs. then I noticed one of the reflector panels was shining light up from underneath . fixed that and it's been a week and still doing it. any thoughts ? all in all it doesn't look unhealthy just don't want to let it become an issue

IMG_20240619_050954785.jpg

IMG_20240619_110441143.jpg
skuze the nobby knees

The shape and structure of the plants ("morphology") don't indicate that they have historically been getting too much light but the leaves are curling ("tacoing") and they're praying are signs of "lotsa light".

Another factor that causes leaves to taco is excess wind.

A lux meter is $32 from Amazon and you can get an anemometer for $25. I bought the latter and it was very helpful though I could have done without it. In contrast, a light meter is just money well spent.

What light and what hang height? What's your light schedule? What sort of fans are you using?

Also, the plants look very green. Any chance they're getting too much N//does too much N cause leaf curling? (I don't know much about nute issues, sorry.)

Hi Delps, I'm using 2 HLG 95 Watt quantum boards. recommend distance for veg is 24" - 16" , it's not likely that would be the issue. my fan is one 6" clip on fan and it points up at the lights more than directly on the plants, the nitrogen is something I didn't know about,hmmm . when setting up the containers the only perlite I had was some Miracle grow with added nutrients. I tried flushing the perlite before I added it but it's not easy to deal with when it's not in soil. Thank you for the input

Back
Top Bottom