Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

Most people are using boveda packs for long term storage, the 62% humidity packs. An 8 gram satchet does a 1 liter jar/about an ounce of bud!

And on the scrog don't worry about filling it 100 percent before flip , most I know aim for 75 so that they have space while the plants stretch after flip!

What's best to use for flower storage to maximize freshness over long periods of time?
Jars! You just dial in the RH levels a little higher.

Tent looks great there swagg! Just remember if you flip after the screen is full all your stretch will be vertical and may make things tight. I can't remember how much vertical room you have over the screen but just something to think about. Shouldn't be long now either way

Yea even when I was younger n everyone had little bags of weed I was always using glass. Some times my backpack would sound like the recycling if I had a lot on me XD

Glass is the best cause it doesn't rip thrichromes off your weed like plastic does :/

Looking great Swag! Just remember to defoliate a week BEFORE flipping or you end up like I just did. Missed out on some branches that could have topped out. So bushy they were blocked by the canopy and I didn't want to stress them for the first 3 weeks of flower. That's if you plan on defoling. :)
I did plan on it but I don't wanna wait yet another week. That slows down growth I noticed.

Jars! You just dial in the RH levels a little higher.

Tent looks great there swagg! Just remember if you flip after the screen is full all your stretch will be vertical and may make things tight. I can't remember how much vertical room you have over the screen but just something to think about. Shouldn't be long now either way
Sounds like you're leaning towards a this weekend flip

Most people are using boveda packs for long term storage, the 62% humidity packs. An 8 gram satchet does a 1 liter jar/about an ounce of bud!

And on the scrog don't worry about filling it 100 percent before flip , most I know aim for 75 so that they have space while the plants stretch after flip!
Thanks for the storage tips folks.

You guys think I should do another defoliation and wait another w33k or just flip this weekend.

Those are my 2 options that I'm weighing right now

On today's episode....
420-magazine-mobile1564111900.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1635587231.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1946801289.jpg

And the only way I thought I could make my day better.....ur boy picked up a magical butter machine and a qp to experiment with.
420-magazine-mobile1306373905.jpg
420-magazine-mobile428403644.jpg

Just gonna do a quick little batch of whatever recipe I run into first just to get something going so I can try this machine. Couldn't turn down the price.

420-magazine-mobile2147372298.jpg
420-magazine-mobile124999243.jpg

Girls look damn near ready to me.

I don't like posting purple pics but I just snapped a quick shot of inside the pot. Roots already made it to the edges. Man these pots rock.
420-magazine-mobile414572332.jpg

Have fun with the MagicButter machine. It is a lot of fun. One recommendation is to put it in a out of the way room as it is a lot nosier than you would expect. The blender turns on for about 5-10 seconds once a minute.

Make sure you decarb prior to use as it doesn't decarb.

Girls look great swagg! I think it's just about time buddy.... they're gonna be enormous. I can tell already

Have fun with the MagicButter machine. It is a lot of fun. One recommendation is to put it in a out of the way room as it is a lot nosier than you would expect. The blender turns on for about 5-10 seconds once a minute.

Make sure you decarb prior to use as it doesn't decarb.
Yea I'm just finding out I have to decarb. Dammit. And I'm looking around at recipes. Grow2healme sent me a recipe so I may try it she calls for 1 ounce. Some other recipes I seen call for 1/2

Girls look great swagg! I think it's just about time buddy.... they're gonna be enormous. I can tell already
I was hoping to do a good defoliation before flip but then that's another whole week. So do I skip defol or do bits at a time over the next couple weeks ?

I was hoping to do a good defoliation before flip but then that's another whole week. So do I skip defol or do bits at a time over the next couple weeks ?
Didn't you defol this time last week? I'm sure if you did a very light defol again today you could flip Sunday. And you will want to again 2 or 3 weeks from flip anyways. I would suggest stripping everything below the screen or bot receiving direct light at that point.

BUT it's your choice your plants. Plants don't really get defoliated in nature. But the sun is, well, the sun. Penny was suggesting only defoliating the inward facing fan leaves and leave the outward facing ones. I may do a light defol today myself.

The idea is not to have the plants stressed or recovering during flip. I think. My concern is your going to run out of vertical space. So I would opt to flip sooner than later... and doing whatever it takes to accomplish that. Your gals are so bushy that I hardly see them missing a few fan leaves....

Didn't you defol this time last week? I'm sure if you did a very light defol again today you could flip Sunday. And you will want to again 2 or 3 weeks from flip anyways. I would suggest stripping everything below the screen or bot receiving direct light at that point.

BUT it's your choice your plants. Plants don't really get defoliated in nature. But the sun is, well, the sun. Penny was suggesting only defoliating the inward facing fan leaves and leave the outward facing ones. I may do a light defol today myself.

The idea is not to have the plants stressed or recovering during flip. I think. My concern is your going to run out of vertical space. So I would opt to flip sooner than later... and doing whatever it takes to accomplish that. Your gals are so bushy that I hardly see them missing a few fan leaves....
That's the crazy thing. I did defol twice. Last week and a week or two before that. They go into a lull for 2 days then boom. All of a sudden there's big was leaves all over and it's a big bush again.

That's the crazy thing. I did defol twice. Last week and a week or two before that. They go into a lull for 2 days then boom. All of a sudden there's big was leaves all over and it's a big bush again.
That's Good! Just means their happy and healty! It's your call. If it was me, would try to have them flipped w.in a week. Max.

Yea I'm with dabber I'd do a good defol, then maybe a light one in 3 4 days, let the plant recover for 3 to 4 and then flip!

Your in the final phase of babying woo!

Do an ounce swag.. dont wanna cook up the oil and it not be potent enough.
Dammit. Now I gotta wait another 40 ish mins for this bud to cook in the oven. Damn u toasted.....im sure I'll thank u later tho. .
That's Good! Just means their happy and healty! It's your call. If it was me, would try to have them flipped w.in a week. Max.
I also gave myself a similar timeline. Before I asked u guys, I figured either flip this weekend or by the latest the next weekend.
Yea I'm with dabber I'd do a good defol, then maybe a light one in 3 4 days, let the plant recover for 3 to 4 and then flip!

Your in the final phase of babying woo!
So when u say defol....what exactly does that mean. What is the goal. How much is not enough. How much is too much.

Just leaving the store with my ingredients. Couldn't find lecithin so fuck it, ain't using it. Back home to decarb the other half zip then get this shit in the machine.

I'm talking lollipopping basically just up to the screen, maybe a little less cause I have a thing for popcorn buds lol and defol big fan leaves that are blocking lots of light, but minimally-that's how I'll do it. PW says he stands over his canopy and can see what's blocking what, clearing as.needed!

Back
Top Bottom