Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

. ja mon!

Nice man.. interested to see what they end up looking like. Is your humidifier under the plants? That is cool.. nice work and setup!
Yea. That and the heater are under there with a clip on fan. And the bottom mesh flap is also open down there. I'm just hoping I have it the right height to allow it to ride and scrog and fill up.

Your gonna be awfully grateful for that snap here in a couple months! Looks good dude. I'm glad you were able to bust out that screen I was worried they were going to stretch too much. I know there are strains that don't stretch much, but I wouldn't count on it. I would predict the size of the plants at double what they are now at chop. Just keep that in mind :)

Your gonna be awfully grateful for that snap here in a couple months! Looks good dude. I'm glad you were able to bust out that screen I was worried they were going to stretch too much. I know there are strains that don't stretch much, but I wouldn't count on it. I would predict the size of the plants at double what they are now at chop. Just keep that in mind :)
Yup. No more vertical from now. Jus5 filling 5he screen. Found another branch that almost got snapped so had tape her up to make sure she recovers well

I would up pot, but that's just me :3

The original plan was to end up in a 5 gal. And there was mixed feed back about riding out the 3 or going up to a 5. If we're going up to a 5 it's gotta be in the next few days. We shall see
Yep! Unless you wanna veg out a good while longer....

I would up pot, but that's just me :3

Fun never stops here. I was sitting there for a while looking and thought I'd better lower the screen a little but more. Eventually got it done after a few mishaps. Plants falling over. Shit spilling all over.
420-magazine-mobile728813999.jpg
had to supercrop ? This stem. I think that's what it's called when u squeeze till u hear the crunch then bend it over
420-magazine-mobile1862098172.jpg

Had to do the same on this gal
420-magazine-mobile108073365.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1188654651.jpg
now it looks like they're filling in the screen since I lowered it lowered the light a tad aswell. 17-18 inches away I think. Oh yea also removed a ton of fan leaves again. Trying to promote a but more penetration so some of the newer lowers catch up. Clear now to see I either waited too long to throw up the scrog or didn't train the main stem enough. Or at all really. Was too focussed on bushing and training lowers they she got a bit tall on me. Poor thing had to suffer cuz of me all those crunches. I swear I may have nightmares about that sound.

I guess if you want to stay small 3 g is the way to go, but id be concerned about getting root bound halfway through flower. Your girls are pretty vigorous growers, 3g might keep them in your tent instead of forcing a premature .. upgrade .

I guess if you want to stay small 3 g is the way to go, but id be concerned about getting root bound halfway through flower. Your girls are pretty vigorous growers, 3g might keep them in your tent instead of forcing a premature .. upgrade .
I'm certianly no pro coco grower. But I've been told many a time to just be sure the roots completely fill the container by flower. Good point though 5 gals may have the tent bursting at the seams haha. Not a bad problem to have right

And you may have nightmares now swag but you'll be having wet dreams when you see how big the colas from that snapped area get!

Yea Therma! That's right, roots don't grow as much in flower so if you have a big pot of soil with no roots you'll have a hard time watering properly. Id wager those 3g are probably full now and that a 5g would only take a week or 2 to fill with roots but yea you can grow monsters either way!

Especially with the grow skills were seeing here .

I would honestly prefer to stay if I won't suffer anything negative from it. The pot is full of roots and last time it didn't even take a week before they filled out the new pot. Space in there worries me a bit. Not sure how they'll fit with 2 drip trays
You could flip on Monday . I can almost promise the screen will be full and time left for a lower defol!

Mhmm! Should be fun to watch these babies flower, on point so far !

I use 3 gallon airpots and my girls max out my tents in height usually. You do want the roots to be full in the pots before flipping and it is pretty hard to get plants rootbound in coco, you just need to feed/water them more often. Coco always holds 30% oxygen and every time you water you add new oxygen.

Next time I'd recommend topping or training early when using a scrog. I feel like pony-tailing is more of a training method when you are going to do stand alone plants. Topping/bending is easier for scrogging.

Just my 2 cents. Everything is looking pretty good. Plants are a nice color and they will perk up through the net. Make sure they look happy and you are happy with the way the net has filled out before flipping. Going to have a nice sea of buds here if you are patient!

I use 3 gallon airpots and my girls max out my tents in height usually. You do want the roots to be full in the pots before flipping and it is pretty hard to get plants rootbound in coco, you just need to feed/water them more often. Coco always holds 30% oxygen and every time you water you add new oxygen.

Next time I'd recommend topping or training early when using a scrog. I feel like pony-tailing is more of a training method when you are going to do stand alone plants. Topping/bending is easier for scrogging.

Just my 2 cents. Everything is looking pretty good. Plants are a nice color and they will perk up through the net. Make sure they look happy and you are happy with the way the net has filled out before flipping. Going to have a nice sea of buds here if you are patient!
I agree I feel like I neglected the main stem. But this all a learning process for me. Not knowing what's next or what to expect or anything. But it's all good.

After a bit of debating I decided to go up to a 5 gal. Barely had enough coco so I had to add a bit of perlite to one of the plants. Still feel like sh3 got short changed a bit but it don't matter. That pot is gonna fill out in no time. Screen is gonna get filled. Should be all smiles and smooth sailing. They sure take much more water too. Not excited about using up more nutes in watering.
420-magazine-mobile1492122570.jpg
420-magazine-mobile34293405.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1086620993.jpg
420-magazine-mobile378989392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1124352652.jpg
poor thing
420-magazine-mobile1523779149.jpg
420-magazine-mobile95314269.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1641360402.jpg

now all they need is a bit of time to stretch their wings. Tic toc. Hopefully next weekend flip time.

Wow you should be a salesman for those air pots damn. Those roots are psychotic! I think they'll be happy in the new digs ;)

Back
Top Bottom