Critical Kush - First Time Grow - Coco Coir

Update... ppm ph run offs still holding in range. My new humidifier and heater are keeping tent temp and rh optimum. Fucking luv it. Mid to high 20's and rh ranges a bit but still anywhere from 40 to 60 sometimes even spikes a bit more. And the growth. Wow. Just won't stop bushing. Both still vibrant green. The odd leaf here and there I take off. Training and tucking still. The smell. Oh my god. Don't grow this if smell is a problem. This is some dank ass plant. 5 or 6 weeks from seed and just stinks.
420-magazine-mobile1822014903.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1913267129.jpg
420-magazine-mobile730823487.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1775944881.jpg
420-magazine-mobile345228854.jpg
oh yea. Almost forgot till I just saw the pic. Seen this and had to throw some take on. Not sure what happened
420-magazine-mobile1513060379.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1029127797.jpg

Everyday is another day closer to flip. Couple more weeks maybe and they might have enough bush and some vertical growth happening. Can't wait.

They look awesome man ! .

I think you just gotta find it at a health food store. Cold pressed neem oil

I think it's thrips. I just opened my grow bible and there was a close up of what I seen.

I get some white critters from time to time in my runoff. They are springtails and you can see them jumping on the surface of the runoff water. There is one theory that says all critters are bad. There is another that says that certain critters are beneficial to the environment and are natural.

Springtails for instance feed off of dead material in the coco and turn it into nitrogen. I've had great results when I had them and I never saw them on the plants or leaves or even surface of the coco, just in runoff. I did make sure to keep them in check by letting things dry out a bit from time to time. I believe that too much of any critter will be bad but there were lots of them for a while and the plants didn't miss a beat. No critters like it being dry but they gave me some of my best yields I've ever had. It's an environment working perfectly to clean itself up.

Until you figure out exactly what you have I'd start letting things dry out a bit and see if that helps.

I get some white critters from time to time in my runoff. They are springtails and you can see them jumping on the surface of the runoff water. There is one theory that says all critters are bad. There is another that says that certain critters are beneficial to the environment and are natural.

Springtails for instance feed off of dead material in the coco and turn it into nitrogen. I've had great results when I had them and I never saw them on the plants or leaves or even surface of the coco, just in runoff. I did make sure to keep them in check by letting things dry out a bit from time to time. I believe that too much of any critter will be bad but there were lots of them for a while and the plants didn't miss a beat. No critters like it being dry but they gave me some of my best yields I've ever had. It's an environment working perfectly to clean itself up.

Until you figure out exactly what you have I'd start letting things dry out a bit and see if that helps.
I just thought thrips from the picture in my book but the way ur describing it is spot on. Jumping around in the run off and I can't really see the coco surface since the girls are so bushy but I'd like to think I would have noticed some on the plant if they were on there. If it's thrips then it says they don't like garlic so I cut up some garlic and let it sit in the bit of run off and put a couple smaller pieces on the surface of the coco. Thought about boiling some in water then watering with a bit of garlic in the water. That milk idea sounds great but I dunno if I wanna be the guy to try it out. We'll see.

I've seen people try the milk it works but leaves a residue on your plants. Best done just before lights out. If they are not causing any problems though I would just try control the population. Like said before too much is never good.
For now they are just letting me know they're there. No ill.effects yet

I just thought thrips from the picture in my book but the way ur describing it is spot on. Jumping around in the run off and I can't really see the coco surface since the girls are so bushy but I'd like to think I would have noticed some on the plant if they were on there. If it's thrips then it says they don't like garlic so I cut up some garlic and let it sit in the bit of run off and put a couple smaller pieces on the surface of the coco. Thought about boiling some in water then watering with a bit of garlic in the water. That milk idea sounds great but I dunno if I wanna be the guy to try it out. We'll see.

Personally I wouldn’t do anything besides let it dry out a bit until you know it’s a problem. You may be causing problems by adding garlic. The less variables the better when trying to diagnose things. Just my personal way of doing things but I’ve seen too many people think they have problems and misdiagnose it. They then proceed to try a million things to fix the misdiagnosed problem and cause more problems and are worse off than before. Food for thought.

Personally I wouldn't do anything besides let it dry out a bit until you know it's a problem. You may be causing problems by adding garlic. The less variables the better when trying to diagnose things. Just my personal way of doing things but I've seen too many people think they have problems and misdiagnose it. They then proceed to try a million things to fix the misdiagnosed problem and cause more problems and are worse off than before. Food for thought.
Noted. I'll keep an eye on it. Just fed and the run off didn't really have many white things in it today. I dunno wtf but I like it
420-magazine-mobile1830570085.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2146673166.jpg

I found one spot I marked that I topped on Sept 24. 2 big nice stems just blew up outta there. Nice to see that take place cuz I marked it. Think I lost the other markers tho for the tops and fims I did that day. Today I also did 2 more tops on each lady up higher. Gimme colas.

Oh and ponytailing for a few hours whenever i do remember. Probably twice a week so far for 2 weeks or so. All smiles here.

Love how many leaves your plants are pushing out, such dense growth!

Looks like topping and ponytailing could be a winning combo!

I forgot them tied up last night so they went almost 12 hours pony tailed. Oops. I'm getting impatient tho. I wanna flip them already. But I must wait.

Also forgot about my light. Since I moved the plants up, the very top is only 12 inches away from the light and the main lower growth is 18 inches away. I keep coming back home and checking cuz I'm worries they'll get fried up at the top but nope. They're just bathing in the light. But I really gotta rig up a little platform for them cuz I have no room up top left. And I need to keep that heater and humidifier in there for now. I think I can remove the humidifier in a couple weeks maybe place it right outside the mesh screen. I've looked for different pvc fittings so I can adjust the build I have and I can't find it anywhere. Lowe's rona and home depot just have basic ones. I need a few 3 or 4 say t's. Don't feel like ordering them online for some silly price. Any ideas where I can find them or get it for cheap. I'm all ears. I'll post a pic of the scrog build so you guys have a better idea what I'm trying to accomplish but basically I need to build 2 more layers. Bottom will be a base for the plants. Probably on a wood platform ontop of the pvc frame. Second tier for first scrog then a second higher tier as another scrog. Thanks folks. ✌

I forgot them tied up last night so they went almost 12 hours pony tailed. Oops. I'm getting impatient tho. I wanna flip them already. But I must wait.

Also forgot about my light. Since I moved the plants up, the very top is only 12 inches away from the light and the main lower growth is 18 inches away. I keep coming back home and checking cuz I'm worries they'll get fried up at the top but nope. They're just bathing in the light. But I really gotta rig up a little platform for them cuz I have no room up top left. And I need to keep that heater and humidifier in there for now. I think I can remove the humidifier in a couple weeks maybe place it right outside the mesh screen. I've looked for different pvc fittings so I can adjust the build I have and I can't find it anywhere. Lowe's rona and home depot just have basic ones. I need a few 3 or 4 say t's. Don't feel like ordering them online for some silly price. Any ideas where I can find them or get it for cheap. I'm all ears. I'll post a pic of the scrog build so you guys have a better idea what I'm trying to accomplish but basically I need to build 2 more layers. Bottom will be a base for the plants. Probably on a wood platform ontop of the pvc frame. Second tier for first scrog then a second higher tier as another scrog. Thanks folks. ✌

I'm sure they didn't suffer while you played bondage on them last night ...

Post a sketch of what type of PVC fitting you are looing for. I have a couple sources for PVC fittings - I'll see what I can find

Back
Top Bottom