ColoradoCanna's 2nd Grow - 4 Plants - 2 LECs & New Tent! - Pictures

ColoradoCanna

Hello all,

This is my 2nd grow, and I figured this would be a good time to start getting involved with the wealth of knowledge here in the forums. So I'll jump right in!

Brief summary of my first grow:
150watt HPS - under stairs closet space - generic HV fan - and Jungle Juice Nutrient line.
I used Bag seeds which turned out quite well. They ended up decent and yielded roughly 3/4oz of some fruity and hairy buds. Flowers of seeds were fluffhead and lemonwheel strains, so the seeds were either one or the other if true. Pics of this grow at bottom.

Details of my 2nd grow going on now:
I decided I wanted a more serious approach and got myself a tent setup for downstairs
- Gorilla Grow Tent 5x5x7
- 2x 315w Sun System LEC's runnning the std 3100k bulb; will consider vegging with 4100k for next run.
- Vortex S-Line 6" Inline Fan 347cfm, exhaust, set at med-high on speed controller. Passive intake using the three tent flaps.
- Canlite 6"x16" 420cfm Carbon Filter.
- 3 Oscillating Circulation Clip-Fans

Strain: Deathstar #2: 4 plants, cloned on 12/17
Repotted into 2 gallons on 1/18 and into 7 gallons on 2/7.
Pictures taken this morning and they are the best they have looked yet after feeding yesterday.

Its been a rough upbringing for these guys, lots of stress and I could not pinpoint why cause I just dont know shit yet but thought it was burning from my first feeding, or LEC's distance from canopy, and so I ended up not watering them for a long time to try and see if they recover but that didnt work, they kinda just kept getting worse and worse, decided that I was going to feed again after around 3 weeks of no feeding and damn, now I think I should have kept on the feeding but at lower dosage, cause now they never looked better.

Its been batch64 Charged Moonshine for everything so far, and just Veg A & Veg B off of Heavy16's nutrient line up. I have been using fabric pots by recommendation and have been quite happy with them. Repotting the 2gallons, I decided cutting the pots would be easiest on the roots, and found roots all along the sides and at the bottom just poking through the soils edge, no root wrapping which was nice to see. During transplanting, I sprinkled great white roots and a little root rally between the new soil and the bottom of the root ball being transplanted and I think that is going to be something I do every time now.

The way I feed now is about 1gallon of nutrient solution per pot, and there is no run off. I found a few reasons to do this rather than expecting run off which required me to take the girls to the shower to water or invest in a tray a wet/dry vac.

Advice I would appreciate is honestly anything you guys think is worth saying , but specifically I would also like to hear what I could do to help increase yield. And while I'm here do you think these plants are too far along to try and scrog or if that would be worth it even? The plan is for a few more weeks in veg.

photo1455206202135.jpg
photo1455206243655.jpg
photo1455206245059.jpg
photo1455206245726.jpg
photo1455206244345.jpg
photo1455206246429.jpg

Pictures from First grow

photo1455206073868.jpg
photo1455206074449.jpg
photo1455206075098.jpg

Quick update, Photos taken this morning.

After I built the scrog net I decided to try and use it for this run, and going to extend the veg period out longer because I would like to fill the canopy more.... The 4 cuttings of deathstar were taken 12/17 and I am now approaching a 3 month veg time!!!! How inefficient -_- Haha anyways I am trying to make the best of it.

photo1456935198074.jpg
photo1456935198748.jpg
photo1456935199464.jpg

Update.
I hope everyone's garden is doing great and that you all are enjoying your Sunday. :blunt:

For me, today is day 7 of flower. I am following the heavy feed schedule provided by heavy16, and feeding full strength every time I water which is about every 2 days. Next week, every watering will use the "week 2" doasges, and so on :morenutes:

Side thoughts have been if I should worry about humidity, I sit at roughly 35% RH until I water, then it jumps to ~40%RH.

photo1457882452371.jpg
photo1457882451638.jpg
heavy_16_heavy_feed.jpg

Any updates on how these ladies are doing?

Thank you for the reminder! Things have been going well for the girls. They just keep on growing! Today is day 21 of flower and will be switching to week 4 dosages today. Still watering with nutrients every time (about a gallon for each of them now) and they dry out within 2 days. Well here are the ladies!

photo1459086517426.jpg
photo1459086517042.jpg
photo1459086517739.jpg

Nice grow I subbed up! Want to see how these lights do in flowering, I have two as well! The guys at Monster Garden were saying that your plant will have small flowering sites using this light, but is great for essential oil production, basically quality over quantity. I want both!

Spread peace, love, and music!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom