Cant find a reliable answer for this question so far. Please help.

SwitzerGrows

420 Member
Hey guys. So it's coming up on flower season here in Michigan. I have two lovely ladies that I am growing outside. Massive plants. Already over 4 feet tall. This is my first grow season ever, and I have been extremely lucky so far. My girls are growing healthy and lush thanks mostly to luck but partially from doing tons and tons of research and using A.I. to help answer my questions on the fly. A.i. surprisingly enough is EXTREMELY helpful with answering questions about growing cannabis.
Anyways, one thing I am concerned about that I don't want to get wrong is what kind of spray do you guys use to prevent mold and bud rot on your outdoor plants when growing in a high humidity area?
I have already semi lollipopped my foliage on the bottom third of the plants to increase airflow. And I'm setting up some trellis netting tomorrow to help separate the main branches to also increase airflow along with preventing stems breaking from heavy buds and or wind.
I really just need to know what you guys use as a chemical spray to prevent mold and bud rot. I already know the other preventative measures to take. I just want to find the most effective spray to use. I already know the humidity is going to be high this fall based on how the summer has already been. Idk if it's Trifecta, Captain Jack's Copper spray.. I just don't want to get it wrong and destroy all my glorious buds I'm sure to get out of these massive ladies. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
1000007310.jpg
1000007249.jpg
1000007235.jpg

1000007309.jpg

SG, your plants look super healthy. It looks like you've done this before. Those are nice main stems. How long have they been growing?

I have seen where some say they use citric acid with success.

Personally I don't like to use chemicals. For rot or for insects. I have also grown in humid climates and had to deal with rot and mold. For me, If it happens it must be removed. Even then, its usually chased. What works best for me is prevention, being able to keep dry from water, both rain and dew. Either by covering or moving to cover. Now I always move to cover at night. In HI I kept on wheels and rolled under the lanai if not home. Now I use a cheap greenhouse. Bug and/or caterpillar poop are also big contributors. I mist every 10 days or so for worms with Bt, starting in mid flower.

It looks like you've done this before.
Thanks thats a compliment. I was gifted those two plants as clones at the beginning of the spring this year by my aunt. This is my very first grow season ever I swear. I'm a little obsessive when I take interest in something new. I try to learn learn learn as much as I possibly can. And for me, this year, that has been growing weed. I even set up a little 100 dollar grow tent made out of mylar blankets and took a crack at growing a plant from a seed i found in some dispensary bud i got. I tried mainlining it to see what it would do. It's looking great also. I have it under an 18 hr light cycle hoping it would somewhat catch up with my outdoor plants as much as possible before it's time to flower them all here in a few weeks. I wanted to make sure it's a female before I put them all together.
1000007360.jpg
1000007361.jpg
1000007318.jpg

I cut some clones off my Marshmallow Og that's outside also. Had a 50% rooting success with clonex in a homemade humidity box. As soon as I move that one outside I'll be transplanting the clones into one gal pots and vegging those inside until it starts getting colder, then I'll invest in an actual tent, charcoal filter and a better light for flowering as I don't think this gixxer light is strong enough to flower the plants. Im pretty proud of myself for the success ive had so far this being my first grow season ever. Like i said in my first post, i use A.I. to help me grow and help answer alot of questions. Its been extremely helpfuk surprisingly enough. Thanks for the info about the humidity. I think its just going to take some close attention an some tlc to get them through the flowering season outdoors.
1000007106.jpg
1000007326.jpg
1000007248.jpg

SNS, @Sierra Natural Science ( DC. ) works good for bud rot.
I've read DR Zymes is good for bud fot aswell.
Beautiful garden my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Just wondering if you have a smoke detector in there? :Namaste:
I had an issue before and that silver plastic went up in flames right before my eyes.
It's handy but flammable.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I had an issue before and that silver plastic went up in flames right before my eyes.

first thing i thought when i saw the pic.

more proof AI is only here to kill us.

I was actually using the white stuff , black on the back.
Melted and dripped flames onto everything.
Made this thick black toxic smoke.
Absolute nightmare. :Namaste:
It was a new light right out of the box that started the fire.
So no matter what equipment you use you need to be prepared for a problem.
Smoke detection and removal of flammable products is important.
And a huge fire extinguisher readily accessible is vital.
Stay safe, stay alive. 😎

Prevention is key.
Bill284 😎

I was actually using the white stuff , black on the back.
Melted and dripped flames onto everything.
Made this thick black toxic smoke.
Absolute nightmare. :Namaste:
It was a new light right out of the box that started the fire.
So no matter what equipment you use you need to be prepared for a problem.
Smoke detection and removal of flammable products is important.
And a huge fire extinguisher readily accessible is vital.
Stay safe, stay alive. 😎

Prevention is key.
Bill284 😎

the mylar sheeting actually flames up super fast. it doesn't melt as much as outright burn.

WOW NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! I have smoke detectors in the house, one in the hallway outside that room. But I'm literally on my way to Homedepot now to get another one just for that room and a fire extinguisher to put in the hallway outside the door of the room. Like I said I'll be upgrading to a grow tent soon, so that will all be coming down. Thanks for the input guys.

It all went wrong when they planted the idea of 'smart' tech in young people's heads
Nothing smart about it, it blindly does what it's told regardless of output or consequence

it blindly does what it's told
I didnt get the mylar tent idea from A.I. I used that for questions about temp, humidity, VPD, nutrients, different mediums and soil mixtures. I got the mylar tent idea from watching YouTube videos. I realize that growing ia a trial by error type of learning process. But as a new grower who didn't know soul from hydroponics or what an NPK even was, I reached out to the resources I had available, youtube videos, A.I., this group, and I read like 4 books so far about growing.
Don't fault the A.I. for my dumb mistakes 😄.
It has actually helped me tremendously. When you have a quick question like how far should you light be from the top of your plant when it is in full veg and no longer a seedling, it spits out an exact answer in two seconds based on tons of research. It filters and does all the research for you in a matter of seconds.

AI is already being used to monetize other folks work. i hate AI as it has been caught mining the forums for information and posing questions. it steals pics and identity to appear legit. there are sophisticated AI programs POSING AS REAL PEOPLE.

you could be one.

edit : if you are not AI - this asshole is

9 posts using mined info to sell seeds in 12 hrs. just for example.

WOW NEVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THAT! I have smoke detectors in the house, one in the hallway outside that room. But I'm literally on my way to Homedepot now to get another one just for that room and a fire extinguisher to put in the hallway outside the door of the room. Like I said I'll be upgrading to a grow tent soon, so that will all be coming down. Thanks for the input guys.
Look into an automatic (heat activated) fire exstinguisher or a "fire supression ball" for inside the tent. I have one as well as two smoke detectors, one in the tent and one outside the tent. Cheap insurance and Peace of Mind!!!!!

Look into an automatic (heat activated) fire exstinguisher or a "fire supression ball" for inside the tent. I have one as well as two smoke detectors, one in the tent and one outside the tent. Cheap insurance and Peace of Mind!!!!!
Yes all good ideas! I actually went today and put a wifi smoke detector in the room and put a large fire extinguisher outside the door in the hallway. I think before I spend a bunch of money on fire protection, the first thing I can do is biy a legit grow tent yo reduce the chance of that mylar catching fire.

you could be one.
That's crazy! I'm definitely not A.I. lol. I just use the Chat GPT app to answer a few questions here and there. I never thought about using them like you are describing. What do they gain out of mining the forums? It's all just basic Publix information once it's been posted isn't it? I don't understand what they would gain from doing things like that. Is it for like taking people's growing techniques and information they've learned and applying it on a large scale commercial grow opp or something? Crazy world we live in now days. I'm just trying to grow a few plants and not have all the money I've put into it go to waste by killing my plants. I just want to be able to grow my own quality bud so I can stop spending 80 bucks every three days at the dispensary 🤣.

AI is primarily used to mine information to be monetized by others. that's it's number one job. the goal is to take business from this and other boards away and make us dependent on AI.

read up on the corporate interests behind it. they state quite clearly what the intention is.

Hey guys. So it's coming up on flower season here in Michigan. I have two lovely ladies that I am growing outside. Massive plants. Already over 4 feet tall. This is my first grow season ever, and I have been extremely lucky so far. My girls are growing healthy and lush thanks mostly to luck but partially from doing tons and tons of research and using A.I. to help answer my questions on the fly. A.i. surprisingly enough is EXTREMELY helpful with answering questions about growing cannabis.
Anyways, one thing I am concerned about that I don't want to get wrong is what kind of spray do you guys use to prevent mold and bud rot on your outdoor plants when growing in a high humidity area?
I have already semi lollipopped my foliage on the bottom third of the plants to increase airflow. And I'm setting up some trellis netting tomorrow to help separate the main branches to also increase airflow along with preventing stems breaking from heavy buds and or wind.
I really just need to know what you guys use as a chemical spray to prevent mold and bud rot. I already know the other preventative measures to take. I just want to find the most effective spray to use. I already know the humidity is going to be high this fall based on how the summer has already been. Idk if it's Trifecta, Captain Jack's Copper spray.. I just don't want to get it wrong and destroy all my glorious buds I'm sure to get out of these massive ladies. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
1000007310.jpg
1000007249.jpg
1000007235.jpg

1000007309.jpg
Howdy fellow MICHGANDER I myself use Cease from Bio Works and Milstop 50/50 1oz cease 1Tbs milstop per gallon of water for a soil drench and foiler spray along with intermittent sprays of neem oil and Karanja oil works pretty good! Actually you should thin your plants as to get air flow through the canopy and start preventing early in the season before it takes hold especially with this humidity we've had lately ✌️

Howdy fellow MICHGANDER I myself use Cease from Bio Works and Milstop 50/50 1oz cease 1Tbs milstop per gallon of water for a soil drench and foiler spray along with intermittent sprays of neem oil and Karanja oil works pretty good! Actually you should thin your plants as to get air flow through the canopy and start preventing early in the season before it takes hold especially with this humidity we've had lately ✌️
Dont use the oils when your plants are flowering but the cease is good to use up to day of harvest. I don't recommend using it to late in flower or you'll be doing a bud wash that is why i recommend prevention and not reactive! ✌️

Dont use the oils when your plants are flowering but the cease is good to use up to day of harvest. I don't recommend using it to late in flower or you'll be doing a bud wash that is why i recommend prevention and not reactive! ✌️

bud wash is a good idea for outdoor plants even without the foliars / chemicals.

Back
Top Bottom