Can't decide when to crop

Joshua42088

I’m a first timer an I can’t decide when to harvest it close but I’m not sure how close

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg

Hey Josh, being a first timer can very stressful, especially when I know you'd be very keen/anxious to harvest and cure your crop.
Everything you need to know can be found here.
Hope it helps, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to sing out 🙂

Hey Josh, being a first timer can very stressful, especially when I know you'd be very keen/anxious to harvest and cure your crop.
Everything you need to know can be found here.
Hope it helps, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to sing out 🙂
Thanks for the help

Once all the white hairs/pistils/stigmas turn brown and crinkle in you can start looking at the trichomes.

Clear and they're not ready yet as they have been built but not filled with cannabinoids yet. The get cloudy when they fill and the cloudy turns to amber as the thc degrades into cbn, the sleepy time cannabinoid.

So you've got some time yet as your pistils are still white.

Good morning and welcome to 420. I'm only on my 5th grow so not a seasoned grower by any means.

If she still is producing white pistols she is not ready yet.
Do you have a jewelers loop? I use one in conjunction with a cheap USB microscope that connects to my phone. Look at the trichomes. Here's a picture of an Lsd strain from a previous grow.
2024_01_20_18_27_01_101.png

All your trichomes want to be at least milky/ cloudy with a few amber ones. Look at the trichomes on the bud and not the sugar leaves.

When they turn amber they are past their prime and offer more of a couch lock high as opposed to being milky colored and producing more of a head high. Harvest when the desired high your looking for is in the color of the trichomes. Oh and look at several places on the plant not just one cola. Hope this helps and I'm making sense. I just woke up and have not been caffeinated yet.

Once all the white hairs/pistils/stigmas turn brown and crinkle in you can start looking at the trichomes.

Clear and they're not ready yet as they have been built but not filled with cannabinoids yet. The get cloudy when they fill and the cloudy turns to amber as the thc degrades into cbn, the sleepy time cannabinoid.

So you've got some time yet as your pistils are still white.
Nice to know thanks for the tip

Good morning and welcome to 420. I'm only on my 5th grow so not a seasoned grower by any means.

If she still is producing white pistols she is not ready yet.
Do you have a jewelers loop? I use one in conjunction with a cheap USB microscope that connects to my phone. Look at the trichomes. Here's a picture of an Lsd strain from a previous grow.
2024_01_20_18_27_01_101.png

All your trichomes want to be at least milky/ cloudy with a few amber ones. Look at the trichomes on the bud and not the sugar leaves.

When they turn amber they are past their prime and offer more of a couch lock high as opposed to being milky colored and producing more of a head high. Harvest when the desired high your looking for is in the color of the trichomes. Oh and look at several places on the plant not just one cola. Hope this helps and I'm making sense. I just woke up and have not been caffeinated yet.
Awesome advice thank you

W
I’m a first timer an I can’t decide when to harvest it close but I’m not sure how close

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2720.jpeg

IMG_2722.jpeg
Beautiful garden my friend, nice work.
As a rule of thumb I won’t harvest white pistils.
When she is finished flowering and building for you the white pistols will turn red and crinkle in.
At the same time she will gradually stop eating.
So if you have white pistils and she is still draining her pot on a regular basis she is still alive and flowering for you.
I’d wait till those white pistols turn red and crinkle in and then I would start checking tri-combs.
You have a bit of time left my friend.
Don’t rush.
How often are you feeding her?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Just to make it easier. :Namaste:
Post questions here from now on.
You will get a better response.
I’ll ask them to move it for you.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

W

Beautiful garden my friend, nice work.
As a rule of thumb I won’t harvest white pistils.
When she is finished flowering and building for you the white pistols will turn red and crinkle in.
At the same time she will gradually stop eating.
So if you have white pistils and she is still draining her pot on a regular basis she is still alive and flowering for you.
I’d wait till those white pistols turn red and crinkle and then I would start checking tri-combs.
You have a bit of time left my friend.
Don’t rush.
How often are you feeding her?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Very helpful I am currently feeding them four times a day with a mist every few hours

Kitty pictures speak twice.
Thanks for the tour new friend, I hope that you're doing well today.
I had this same issue before I bought all of these pocket microscopes, there is lots of information to tell you what to look for, with a microscope and a quick look at some trichome photos can help you be an expert, harvesting when the trichomes are all fully formed and milky white, with as close to fifteen percent of them that beautiful amber color, the thing about growing medicine is you can tweak it just a little bit and get profoundly different effects based on the maturity of trichomes at time of harvest. darker trichomes = more narcotic effect.
Please message me anytime. we have all been starting out, it took me a year to get all of my nutrients for example, one month bought a light hood, one month the ballast, one month the bulb for veg :passitleft:
Thanks again for sharing the cat with me:thanks:

Kitty pictures speak twice.
Thanks for the tour new friend, I hope that you're doing well today.
I had this same issue before I bought all of these pocket microscopes, there is lots of information to tell you what to look for, with a microscope and a quick look at some trichome photos can help you be an expert, harvesting when the trichomes are all fully formed and milky white, with as close to fifteen percent of them that beautiful amber color, the thing about growing medicine is you can tweak it just a little bit and get profoundly different effects based on the maturity of trichomes at time of harvest. darker trichomes = more narcotic effect.
Please message me anytime. we have all been starting out, it took me a year to get all of my nutrients for example, one month bought a light hood, one month the ballast, one month the bulb for veg :passitleft:
Thanks again for sharing the cat with me:thanks:
Yeah that’s Ty Ty she loves the garden

Very helpful I am currently feeding them four times a day with a mist every few hours
Must be coco. :Namaste:
At the end you will see it running out of the pots instead of them eating it.
You girls are in full flower mode still if they are eating that much.
Settle in Amigo they are going to get bigger and better.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Nice setup nice cat good times ahead.
Yeh a horrible time to go through having to be patient.
Every grower goes through this but it gets easier with each grow.
I aim for growing enough to last till next harvest,that way i have no impatient issues.
It took a few years to achive this.
All with the info on this forum.
Happy growing. Regards

Nice setup nice cat good times ahead.
Yeh a horrible time to go through having to be patient.
Every grower goes through this but it gets easier with each grow.
I aim for growing enough to last till next harvest,that way i have no impatient issues.
It took a few years to achive this.
All with the info on this forum.
Happy growing. Regards
Thanks an yeah I’m hoping it gets easier I just want some good flower to enjoy an brag about lol

Thanks an yeah I’m hoping it gets easier I just want some good flower to enjoy an brag about lol
You will have more friends than you ever had before. Ask me how I know. A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

Back
Top Bottom