Can I save pollen?

@SweetSue @AngryBird @Emilya @Pennywise

Is it possible to save collected pollen for later use? What is the best method... can the flowers or leaves with pollen on them be stored in a small glass jar.... in the freezer? or.....

I admire your spunk. Working with pollen, one is stepping into another world mkay. You are really playing natural selector. It is not easy. Ask yourself this, why isn't pollen in all the dispensaries?

Storage methods and ensuring your pollen is dry are key to success. Sometimes we are only working with a couple of plants and it may behoove you to try to pollinate using more than one strategy and log it. Become the expert because there just aren't that many in this area.

I get plastic caped test tubes

Collect the pollen in a mirror

Put in tubes with some rice to absorb any moisture

Into the freezer it goes

Pollinating a plant can be dangerous, that stuff can get into everything and go everywhere

Segregate plants to pollinate
I use a small paintbrush to apply it
When done clean all yer clothes, wash yerself, change shoes and everything or u will transfer it to every plant in the neighborhood...lol

Good luck

When done clean all yer clothes, wash yerself, change shoes and everything or u will transfer it to every plant in the neighborhood...lol

Good luck

Thanks for the comments.... hopefully I will come by some free seeds via other means. My daughter was just hired as an accountant by Curaleaf at a new location in Portland. Until they set up other office space she has a desk at their dispensary so I'm hoping she will run across some folks who will give up some free seeds. Curaleaf is an OTC public comany (curlf) ... I was so impressed at their profile that I bought some shares in my IRA.

I've got a male Sour Daddy Auto that I was thinking about for starting a pollen collection, but I'll probably wait for another strain. I also have a female, it has very sativa-looking leaves but the male leaves are way wider like indica, where the strain has been listed at 50/50.

My thoughts have been around pollinating an outdoor landrace sativa with an auto hybrid and hope to see auto seeds. Or any viable free seeds.

Back
Top Bottom