Can I harvest?

guerrillabalconygrower

Lots of ambers in one pic, and not nearly enough in another. Can barely see any milky trichomes. Its either all clear or complete amber. Am I good to to harvest or should I wait?

WIN_20240903_15_24_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240903_15_24_21_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240903_15_24_29_Pro.jpg

Lots of ambers in one pic, and not nearly enough in another. Can barely see any milky trichomes. Its either all clear or complete amber. Am I good to to harvest or should I wait?

WIN_20240903_15_24_01_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240903_15_24_21_Pro.jpg

WIN_20240903_15_24_29_Pro.jpg
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Do you have any pics of the buds?
Perhaps the whole plant?
Gives us a better idea of ripeness.
Also is she still draining her pot?
If so she is alive and flowing still and requires more time.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Do you have any pics of the buds?
Perhaps the whole plant?
Gives us a better idea of ripeness.
Also is she still draining her pot?
If so she is alive and flowing still and requires more time.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Here you go.

The plant is growing outdoors and it’s rainy season here. So no way to really tell if she’s draining or not. Soil is generally always wet due to the rains

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

Here you go.

The plant is growing outdoors and it’s rainy season here. So no way to really tell if she’s draining or not. Soil is generally always wet due to the rains

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_4182.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg
As a rule of thumb I don’t harvest white pistils.
When flowering is finished the white pistils turn red and crinkle in.
When they are all red I start checking trics.
At the same time she will stop eating.
You have white pistils so give her a couple weeks and reassess her. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yessir, you’ve got a few weeks left. The good news is those buds should swell up a good bit during that last stretch.
Also, most growers, myself included, often mistakenly look at the trichomes on the sugar leaves. U need to ignore the trichs on the leaves and look a bit deeper at the ones on the calyces/bracts. The leaf trichs will always turn amber early and shouldn’t be used as evidence of a plants maturity.
Wait for those white hairs, called pistils, to all turn brown and curl back into the calyx…..then you’ll be close enough to look at trichs and harvest based on personal preference.
Good luck.

Updated trich pics. Any comments on harvest readiness?
It is your plant so you can do what you want or think is best.

A week ago the members of the group who gave an estimate of how much longer said about 3 weeks and they were probably right. You are now about 2 weeks away.

Something that might help figure out how much longer is knowing the approx date that the stigma/pistils started showing and the buds started forming.

It is your plant so you can do what you want or think is best.

A week ago the members of the group who gave an estimate of how much longer said about 3 weeks and they were probably right. You are now about 2 weeks away.

Something that might help figure out how much longer is knowing the approx date that the stigma/pistils started showing and the buds started forming.
The pistils have been around for at least 5 weeks, if not more. Most of the pistils turned red at least 2-3 weeks ago. Most of them now are crinkled in. Only the tops of the two main colas have amber but not crinkled pistils.

Anyways what I’m really trying to get a sense of is to check for milky trichomes. I’m unable to see any in the pics shared but thought that experts/ experienced growers may have a keener eye.

Back
Top Bottom