Can anyone help me with a disease that is killing my plants?

BZBAZ

420 Member
Below is a link to a picture of a late stage leaf. It begins as white streaks along the leaf veins and turns to rust and the flowering tips begin to curl up and wither. I live in Southeastern Arizona and this problem has shown up before when monsoons start. Thank you for any help.

Below is a link to a picture of a late stage leaf. It begins as white streaks along the leaf veins and turns to rust and the flowering tips begin to curl up and wither. I live in Southeastern Arizona and this problem has shown up before when monsoons start. Thank you for any help.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Can you post a pic?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi Bill,
Thanks for answering. I was working all weekend and just had a chance to reply. The last photo is very early stage. It's been spreading plant to plant.
Tom
20240715_090738[1].jpg

20240715_083844[1].jpg

20240715_090531[1].jpg

Is this a calcium deficiency @Papa OG @bluter ? There's definitely a little bug activity, they like chewing holes in the leaves ...I'd do it if I was a bug 🐛
Not the best pics however I am leaning towards a calcium deficiency. Arizona gets hot AF too and the plants don't necessarily have to be drop dead center under that sun. Sun can crispy fry them leaves as well. Especially if you water right before the sun is ripe and the plants hadn't had enough time to soak it up a bit and dry off a tad.

Hi Bill,
Thanks for answering. I was working all weekend and just had a chance to reply. The last photo is very early stage. It's been spreading plant to plant.
Tom
20240715_090738[1].jpg

20240715_083844[1].jpg

20240715_090531[1].jpg
I see holes which usually means there is something chewing on them.
SNS is excellent for pest problems.
Also Dr Zymes.
Then there is Neem oil & soap.
Did you look under the leaves for poop or eggs?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

looks like pests. could probably use a little calmag. it's having a tough time with temp by the look as well.

I honestly don't see the speckles of mites.
Yep. If it were mites they would make very tiny marks on the leaf. Mostly the mite scrapes the top or bottom surface of the leaf leaving a mark that is often the same size as the point on a needle or pin. The mark rarely goes all the way through.

Whatever is chewing on that plant is leaving large marks and/or taking big pieces of leaves.

To me it looks like a calcium deficiency which is crashing your brix and inviting the pests in.

The 1st pic is definitely bug damage, the 2nd is a full blown calcium deficiency and the 3rd is what a calcium deficiency looks like when it is just starting.

Low calcium will call in the bugs every time.

Plants know when storms are coming and push their sugars underground to protect them, causing brix to crash even more, which will accelerate a bug problem above ground.

Back
Top Bottom