Cal/mag first?

ted4152

I have been reading about cal/mag I wanted to know if anyone knows do i have to give the plant cal/mag or only when theirs a deficiency and I also wanted to know when is cal/mag added to the mixture and do I let it sit before adding other nutrients. thanks for all your help

Whether you need calmag is often dependent on how much Ca and Mg there is in the tap water. If the water is “hard” calmag may not be necessary or only occasionally needed. When mixing put the calmag in first, minx it up and let it sit 15 minutes or so before adding the nutes.
Thank you that helps me a great deal I didn't know about letting the cal/mag mix for 15 minutes before adding nutrients

Soil 50 %ocean forest but it is mix with 20 % potting soil and 30% perlite .
That is not soil. Potting soil has zero actual earth/ soil in it and the same goes for FF OF .. besides the perlite its all organic matter....... earth/dirt is mineral..
top soil is 50% silica and 5% nutrient.
You need most all of the micronutrients. If you don't know Cal mag is a micronutrient

Potting soil and FF are not top soil but it is soil, not soilless growing. Top soil is 25% silica and the rest is mineral and carbon bound organic matter. Potting soil is an amended composted mix for low carbon, so it's readily available to the roots. FF already has more cal than all of the NPK values combined. I only ever had N deficiency with it.

Micro nutrients are generally not a concern in soil for the first 2-3 months. That is one of the big advantages to soil. Adding a single dose of micros to soil before flower won't hurt your plant but if there is no sign of deficiency it won't help. Droopy soggy leaves are a sign of cal mag deficiency. Too much cal mag will block P and K from the roots, stunting stems and flowers. If you get a white build up on faucets and shower heads you have plenty of cal in the water. Perlite is an inert mineral mined from the ground and considered organic gardening.

Back
Top Bottom