Bottle pump for nutrients

Wheresjerry

Hey folks, question I have is for pouring out a three teaspoon amount is a PITA, there must be a dispenser pump that can screw onto the top of Advanced Nutrients containers. I’m sure it’s a standard size, but if someone can throw me in that direction it’d be great.
I know I’ve seen them but just don’t know what to call it lol

My Nutes are in 1gal jugs. I put some nutes in a water bottle and measure into a graduated cylinder. If you want to be more precise, you could go from the water bottle to dropper bottle, like you would use to fill an E-cig.

question I have is for pouring out a three teaspoon amount is a PITA,
1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons means you only have to fill a tablespoon once instead of 3 times for the teaspoon. 1 teaspoon = 5 ml and a tablespoon = 15 ml. Be sure that the spoons being used are for measuring and not for sitting in the silverware drawer looking pretty.

.... put some nutes in a water bottle and measure into a graduated cylinder.
Works well, too.

For those who want more measuring options there are little plastic measuring cylinders in every hydro and grow shop around here. Also available are shot glass size measuring cylinders. Those will have marks in ml, ounces, tea and tablespoon amounts. Still not enough are pipettes and syringes.

If avoiding spending money is the goal then borrow a decent measuring tool and measure the caps on some of the nutrients bottles. It has been awhile since I last measured them but the caps on the Fox Farms liquid nutrients are 5 ml; and it seems easier to me to fill one of the caps 3 times to get to 15 ml than it does to try to fill a teaspoon measuring spoon 3 times and keeping it level without spilling a bit of the precious juice.

This is a photo of a pipette and a syringe...

I get all the conversions, it’s just that I’ve seen bottle pumps that can dispense nutrients as you push. Just pump into a measure glass and done.

Hands aren’t as steady as they once were lol

There are small pumps like you might be thinking about in the houseware section of some department stores or discount stores. You would have to put the liquid in the jar and then pump into a measuring device but it should be easier than trying to measure into spoons. But, you would still have to measure, these pumps might make it easier.

I know all about the hands not being as steady as they once were, especially with these old eyes not being able to focus on whether the spoon is level.;)

There are small pumps like you might be thinking about in the houseware section of some department stores or discount stores. You would have to put the liquid in the jar and then pump into a measuring device but it should be easier than trying to measure into spoons. But, you would still have to measure, these pumps might make it easier.

I know all about the hands not being as steady as they once were, especially with these old eyes not being able to focus on whether the spoon is level.;)

To add to that, I make sure it is a dark colored bottle. Liquid nutes can go bad in a clear bottle if left to long. I dump and excess back into my gallon jug.

I too am not as steady as I used to be. LOL Old Age Sucks. LOL

what about storing some in a condiment squeeze bottle? Then squeeze some out into a measuring glass, etc.
Sounds good to me and those squeeze bottles are a $1 at some of the discount "Dollar Stores" I see on just about every corner lately.

Back
Top Bottom