Black Spots On My Leaves

Patrick7420

420 Member
I need help what to do.
16098634423103250317810394621521.jpg

Welcome to the site Patrick. Nice to have you here. I, as well as everyone else would like to know some info on your grow. :)

Media? Soil/hydro? Measuring pH? Lights? Temp? RH? Nutes?

Without that info, i will shoot from the hip and say it appears as a Cal def is rearing it's ugly head. Don't run with that as the Gospel. Provide the info on your grow and even more seasoned growers will jump on and help diagnose this issue. :)

Again, welcome. We hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

They are growing out of fiber glass they are growing out of grow blocks. I dont have any lighting but the sun. I don't kn ou w hi ow y poo check the ph levels. And I have them growing outside. I'm in long beach California so it d pi not snow ut gets to about 50 degrees is the coldest it gets. And I'm in the shade most of the day.

Outdoor season is over for the US. I have a couple AC/DC outside but they arent amounting to much. They were in soil too hot, so ditched outside and they are rebounding. I am in central Cal in the valley and it gets down to the 30's. So your grow temps aren't too cold to kill it, but they sure aren't helping either.

Fiberglass? Rock wool, correct? Are you using any nutrients yet? Rock wool/grow blocks are a type of hydro and your pH is way more important then perceived. Grow blocks are completely inert and you are probably experiencing a Cal def if no nutes have been added or a type of lock out because your pH is too high for your medium. Or your pH is out anyways due to the requirements of your media.

I do not grow in this type of media and my advice ends at...

Your pH is important and a device needing to measure it is in order.

Nutrients are needed and hydro nutrients at that.

Supplying a pic of the plant would help as well. Are you hand watering? Flood table?

Well you aren't doing too bad, aye? You got tons of girls going. Is this your 1st grow?

pH pen? I have never searched for one. I have been reading a thread of Copperein's and members were chatting about pens. One mentioned BlueLab pH pen. Not the best but dependable. Buffer solution is needed as well to keep it moist. If it dries out it's kaput. I would do a bit of research on the matter. I know Jack.

You really should start a new thread asking people's inputs on pens. I wish I knew a grower that was specifically doing this set up. I would alert them.

I have 2 cheap eBay ph pens that have a little screw to calibrate. They have lasted me a couple years surprisingly. I have 2 so I can check them against each other and in case one breaks. Eventually I'll get a Blue Lab or Hannah. You can just store them in a glass with just enough tap water to keep the probe submerged. Do not use distilled water. Those plants don't look very worrisome.

The grow is not looking bad. Obviously you wanted to jump on top of any defs arising. Being outdoors in So Cal, your plants are going to want to go in to flower, once mature. They may already be trying to flower. Outdoor light hours are less than 12 and any outdoor plants are wanting to flower.

I have a couple plants outside i ditched and they are stuggling to do anything. Temps are too cold and they really aren't receiving enough light outdoors to effectively do anything but keep from dying. I fear you may be experiencing the same thing.

For having a bunch of plants outdoors in the winter and in the shade, they aren't looking terrible. People are mentioning and chiming in with pH pen recommendations, they know way more than i do.

Welcome to 420. I don’t know about other pens but I’ve got blue labs not cheap cost wise, same as Scottsquatch about a hundy for pen not counting you need 2 bottles of calibration fluid a 4 and a 7 and a bottle of storage fluid so the bulb does not dry out.

Also 2 things I noticed and I’m not trying to sound like a pro or smart ass here either. I’m just a newbie myself

- Plants look great so far but are you feeding them anything other than water? As Patient mentioned above rock wool is inert so no nutrients in there for your plant. Gonna need nutes for sure and probably cal-mag

- And if you are growing outdoors why are you using rock wool and not soil? Soon they will need support to keep from tipping over - will these go in hydro buckets of clay pebbles or planted in larger containers / grow bags of soil or in the ground?? Flood table? What’s your plan going forward?

if you do soil grows you may or may not need the ph pen... but the rock wool leans to the hydro side where ph, ec & ppms really matter.

plus I’d like to learn too - what’s up with the tags? strain labels, store bought clones, tracking requirements by state of Calif?

I Found my plants in a dumpster. I could not tell you what the tags are.
Welcome to 420. I don’t know about other pens but I’ve got blue labs not cheap cost wise, same as Scottsquatch about a hundy for pen not counting you need 2 bottles of calibration fluid a 4 and a 7 and a bottle of storage fluid so the bulb does not dry out.

Also 2 things I noticed and I’m not trying to sound like a pro or smart ass here either. I’m just a newbie myself

- Plants look great so far but are you feeding them anything other than water? As Patient mentioned above rock wool is inert so no nutrients in there for your plant. Gonna need nutes for sure and probably cal-mag

- And if you are growing outdoors why are you using rock wool and not soil? Soon they will need support to keep from tipping over - will these go in hydro buckets of clay pebbles or planted in larger containers / grow bags of soil or in the ground?? Flood table? What’s your plan going forward?

if you do soil grows you may or may not need the ph pen... but the rock wool leans to the hydro side where ph, ec & ppms really matter.

plus I’d like to learn too - what’s up with the tags? strain labels, store bought clones, tracking requirements by state of Calif?

Back
Top Bottom