Bad HPS Bulb? Help!

DSXJ

Hey guys, yesterday and today Ive been having issues with my light.

Yesterday upon plug in she did not fire, unplugged waited 5 seconds plugged in and bam lit up.

This morning, nothing at all. When I took the light out and plugged it in, I can see the electricity spark up the bottom of the bulb and then off so it's not firing it. The inside coil looks like its black and I'm wondering if it's faulty.

Please refer to pics. The red arrow indicates where I can see electricity come up and then go away, tried on dimmable options like 50, 75, and 100 and nothing at all but the spark. I have changed the dimming while the light was on a few times since I was working in the tent, I have heard this creates a faulty bulb but I wouldn't think it would be ruined after 4-5 days of operation???

Odd, contacted manufacterer and sending me a new bulb but I cannot wait, I will be going to my hydro store to buy the over priced bulbs I need. QQ -- Hoping its not the ballast or my babies will be ruined!!

I dont think those black rings should be in there either, but the coil inside that tube is looking black to me.
The line is where the electricity can be seen coming up the bulb and then vanishes without lighting it.

Picture_01898.jpg

Back
Top Bottom