Any tricks I should know about auto's

Metalfish

G’day
I grew a bit of weed 25-30 years ago so I’m pretty well a novice. My medical cannabis bills are crazy so I thought I’d grow the odd plant. So I’ve built myself a little 2 plant recirculating hydro setup and was looking online for seeds and came across auto seeds and just thought it sounded easier so I purchased 2 types. I sprouted one of each in rockwool and once they were about 10cm/4in I’ve transplanted to their pots of clay balls, all good so far.
I found this website last night and joined and now I’m reading auto’s can be crap and tricky. Should I have just bought feminized seeds? Too late, I need to learn the tricks. Any tips?

Hi mate, welcome to 420
As @Hafta says, you don't have a lot of time to mess with them, so I top at node 3 and aim for 6-8 colas, seems to be most productive
Apart from a little PK boost in flower, I don't give my autos any of the other gunk thinking that they will be monsters - autos will just be what they are so let them be
There's 20-30 auto grows in the My Stuff link in my sig

Keep it green 🌱

I grow in a small cabinet and regularly harvest 8 - 10 ounces per plant (one at a time), both photo-period and auto. Train them quickly because autos are very fast.
Cheers 👍

Hi mate, welcome to 420
As @Hafta says, you don't have a lot of time to mess with them, so I top at node 3 and aim for 6-8 colas, seems to be most productive
Apart from a little PK boost in flower, I don't give my autos any of the other gunk thinking that they will be monsters - autos will just be what they are so let them be

Keep it green 🌱
Thanks mate

Hi mate, welcome to 420

Keep it green 🌱
G’day mate
So on day 16 I topped at the 3rd, do you top again or just let it do its thing? My tiny grow tent won’t handle any more, I’ll be doing 1 at a time after this grow 😂
Today is day 23 and they look like this

IMG_0423.jpeg

G’day
I grew a bit of weed 25-30 years ago so I’m pretty well a novice. My medical cannabis bills are crazy so I thought I’d grow the odd plant. So I’ve built myself a little 2 plant recirculating hydro setup and was looking online for seeds and came across auto seeds and just thought it sounded easier so I purchased 2 types. I sprouted one of each in rockwool and once they were about 10cm/4in I’ve transplanted to their pots of clay balls, all good so far.
I found this website last night and joined and now I’m reading auto’s can be crap and tricky. Should I have just bought feminized seeds? Too late, I need to learn the tricks. Any tips?
Even a year ago I would have said I don’t like autos,, BUT In 2024 there are some solid auto strains. I’ve grown a few that had amazing terps and flavor. As far as tips in my opinion I wouldn’t do anything to them unless you do it in the fist 3 weeks. Can fim at like the 3rd node to get more tops. I wouldn’t touch them after week 3. I ran on 18 hrs. Use nutes at only half strength until you see how they handle em. What strains did you pick up?

Even a year ago I would have said I don’t like autos,, BUT In 2024 there are some solid auto strains. I’ve grown a few that had amazing terps and flavor. As far as tips in my opinion I wouldn’t do anything to them unless you do it in the fist 3 weeks. Can fim at like the 3rd node to get more tops. I wouldn’t touch them after week 3. I ran on 18 hrs. Use nutes at only half strength until you see how they handle em. What strains did you pick up?
Cheers mate,
I’ve got them on 18 hrs. The back one is Gorilla Glue and the front one is Grand Master Kush

I would not top again but I would definitely start training them to the edges of your tent.
Yeah I was looking at it yesterday and thought I’d try to do something with it today 👍

Back
Top Bottom