another rockwool question

barrio

hello all this is my first grow with rockwool and was wondering after i soak the seed can i just set the traproot in the rockwool and set in the dark to start seedling or should use coco and an egg carton.also how much fresh water should i use to flush the rockwool. all hlep welcome and will be put to good use.free tokers of the world:cool::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

When you soak the rockwool, you are gonna want to soak it in a light nute solution and adjust the ph to 5.5. After they soak for 24hrs, then I would put your seeds into the rockwool. Or you could germinate them another way and place the taproot into the rockwool. Are you planning to use soil? If you are, you don't need rockwool.

no flood and drain this is my 2nd grow my frist did'nt go so well flowered to late and then choped to soon.this one i'm planning careful by the way would you happen to no the best way to care for white widow and super nova only have 1 of each and trying to be careful

Hey no worries. Atleast your back at it again. Good for you! Luckily, we're here to help. With rockwool, you need light nutes because it is an inert media, meaning there are no nutrients. Use VERY light nutrients, meaning 100 ppm to 200 ppm, really low. A lot of times, I start my seeds with some tap water (for cal-mag) and liquid seaweed and some superthrive. My seeds pop and have seedlings in a week or so.

As Ms. Fox said, you don't need rockwool for soil. Soil doesn't need nutes either. It has it, so just run some tap through it. Make sure when u plant he germinated seed that you don't damage the taproot. That would be like breakin a babies back. Make sure pH is adjusted too, and everything should work out for ya.

Back
Top Bottom