Advise if you can please

Madtabman

Ok I'll try and give you the best picture and as much information as I can. 4 photoperiod from seed 1 blue cheese 1 red dragon 2 bue zushi. 4 autopots in coco 15 litre pots. Canna coco, shogun calmag and CX regenaroot. 16 days flowering. 660w maxibright daylight led. Ph 5.7 ec 1.6.

Now I planted 4 seeds and it's the first time I ever started from seed. 1 of them didn't look right so I binned it after a week. I then put in place another seed and thought the new seedling will catch up a little as I scrog. The blue cheese went nuts but I kept scrogging an lollipoping. It ended up now that the blue cheese is using about a 3rd of the grow space. And it also stretched like I can't belive but I can handle. I don't like the look of the plant it's spindley and week. But now I'm getting these symptoms of drooping. I asked someone early on if I would suffer with rootbound? And they said no aslong as it's got adequate feeding which I'm still not convinced about. I have no experience with bound roots.

I'm pretty sure I've let it spread too much for the rootzone but I'm farely new to growing. I've got waaayyy to many bud sites IMO.

It's all about learning in my opinion and would be grateful of any information or conformation about what is going on? And any advice for what possible steps to take next.

20240904_064654.jpg

20240904_064643.jpg

20240904_064637.jpg

20240904_064634.jpg

20240904_064627.jpg

20240904_064603.jpg

20240904_064547.jpg

20240904_064543.jpg

20240904_064540.jpg

hi

yes i think ur right, i also had this before and was that the roots couldnt support all the Foliage. also those mostly affected are below the light line, not getting enough light. i would snip the dead/droopy ones. and do a decent bud site selection allowing space for growth then cull the rest

hi

yes i think ur right, i also had this before and was that the roots couldnt support all the Foliage. also those mostly affected are below the light line, not getting enough light. i would snip the dead/droopy ones. and do a decent bud site selection allowing space for growth then cull the rest
Thanks @Bounce3d I'm just sat here thinking of doing that. I might do it tonight when my lights go on. Hopefully some other people have the same oppinion. I'm guessing it will just be the same as doing a lollipop like I do under the scrog line anyway? It makes it easier to accept if I think of it that way.

If you are root bound I wonder if root coring might help I did it last year when I got a little root bound. What you do is take a small diameter dowl and push it through the root at different angles but do not push the rod to the bottom. This helps the water and nutes to go down into the roots. 🍋

that’s a lot of plant for sure… looks good but yeah gonna have to snip out some of that fluff, less is more kind of approach

The other thing is coco coir and autopots… most successful coco growers rely on the add fresh nutes every day to runoff concept which flushes out yesterdays nutes, drops fresh nutes down which sucks in more oxygen as it drains down

and of course the delivery of cal-mag along with your NPK. The problem is calcium is known to drop out so that’s why coco growers add cal-mag to the plain water first then add NPK adjust ph and feed…

Question- Do you top feed or always feed from the res? I know it’s the opposite of the intention for autopots but might have to dump res and top feed…

imho autopots kinda complicates the coco coir thing but without further delay let’s get the one and only Mr @Bill284 to drop some intel for us

that’s a lot of plant for sure… looks good but yeah gonna have to snip out some of that fluff, less is more kind of approach

The other thing is coco coir and autopots… most successful coco growers rely on the add fresh nutes every day to runoff concept which flushes out yesterdays nutes, drops fresh nutes down which sucks in more oxygen as it drains down

and of course the delivery of cal-mag along with your NPK. The problem is calcium is known to drop out so that’s why coco growers add cal-mag to the plain water first then add NPK adjust ph and feed…

Question- Do you top feed or always feed from the res? I know it’s the opposite of the intention for autopots but might have to dump res and top feed…

imho autopots kinda complicates the coco coir thing but without further delay let’s get the one and only Mr @Bill284 to drop some intel for us
I think you are on the right track.
I’d top feed as much as possible to flush things out.
Put extra calmag in your feed and clip off the dead stuff.
OP has a root issue due to the was those pots feed roots.
Do you have any b1 or superthrive?
Something helpful for roots?
Hydro Guard available there?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom