Advanced nutrients dwc ppm?

Georgia420

Hi

Can someone please post a feeding schedule for AN in DWC

I found this

"Mix the nutrient solution at 1/6th of the strength that is suggested in the calculator for that week.

Example: If the plants need 1200 ppm for the week, divide 1200 by 6 and mix the reservoir at 200 – 250 ppm"

On a post on this site.
Does anyone use AN at the full strength suggested on their site??
I tried and it seemed to nearly kill my plant overnight.

I am now using 1/4 strength into bloom but am worried that I am holding my plants back.

Also how can it be the same schedule for veg and bloom as suggested in their chart?

Good morning Amigo, welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
I run coco which is hydroponic aswell as dwc.
I use my nutrients full strength according to the schedule.
Most successful growers I know also follow the recommended schedule for their nutrients.
250 ppm is for a baby and won't sustain a plant.
I'll check on veg/ flower schedule and get back to you.

Screenshot_20240628-044933_Chrome.jpg

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Thanks for the reply!
I found this on another post on this forum and it all seemed to make much more sense that the feeding schedule on their website apart from the 1 sixth strength part. -

420 Magazine

G

Spore Genetics
lg.php

Seedsman Cannabis Seeds
lg.php

Advanced Nutrients - Nutrient Calculator Help?​

Next
Unwatch
[IMG alt="BassPlayer"]https://www.420magazine.com/community/data/avatars/m/79/79397.jpg?1519053624[/IMG]

BassPlayer

New Member​

Im just about to transplant my seedlings into their new DWC homes...

**Does Anybody Know Why AN Nutrient Calculator Shows 956ppm in Week 1**
I thought the target max in wk 1 was 4-500ppm?
I hope someone can help me out kinda quick before I kill my babies...

I will be using G/M/B base with hobbyist bundle add ons...in a 8 liters/2 gallons bubbler..(tho im using biobizz root juice in place of voodoo juice (recd. by my growshop guy who says voodoo juice will be too violent for my small size DWC)
I dont have a ppm/tds meter, just a EC meter where 1ppm=0,5uS/cm,
I know the AN calculator is 1ppm=0,7uS/cm
Any help will be so much appreciated
:Namaste:

420 Magazine®
Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993

Please Visit our Sponsors
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
420 Photo Gallery Tutorial - How to Post Photos
Like Quote Reply
N

nehemiah

New Member​

Re: Advanced Nutrients - Nutrient Calculator Help!?

yeah, i noticed that too, but most people say use a quarter dose anyway, so that should bring it down...

Like Quote Reply
[IMG alt="BassPlayer"]https://www.420magazine.com/community/data/avatars/m/79/79397.jpg?1519053624[/IMG]

BassPlayer

New Member​

yeah, i noticed that too, but most people say use a quarter dose anyway, so that should bring it down...
makes sense... :thanks:
:Namaste:

420 Magazine®

Like Quote Reply
[IMG alt="Heks"]https://www.420magazine.com/community/data/avatars/m/83/83487.jpg?1519053630[/IMG]

Heks

Well-Known Member​

supposedly they're ppm perfect, try it!!! >:3

kidding, I don't want you to hurt your plants, go with the 1/4 strength at first :bongrip:

Like Quote Reply

BassPlayer

New Member​

It was reading high cos I was lookin aat week 1 in bloom phase instead of veg...
sometimes Im just stupid.:rofl:

420 Magazine®

Like Quote Reply
DocBud's High Brix Blend
lg.php

B

basementjungl

New Member​

Definitely don't just blindly follow any company's feeding schedule.

In the case of AN, I'd say to just call their 800 number if you want clarification. I'm not sure when they consider the first week to begin. Surely it's not in the seedling stage, but exactly when I'm not sure.

For vegetative growth I start at a very low dose (roughly 1/4) after the first set of true leaves is open and bigger than the baby leaves. As they grow I dial up the dose to full, or as full as they seem to want.

Go off the EC/ppm of the solution as they use it. If it goes up you're overfeeding, if it goes down they want more food.

IMHO the feeding charts are meant more for flowering anyway.

Like Quote Reply
H

hillbillyj

New Member​

I had same problem I emailed AN and got this response.

Thank you for your inquiry,

Here is a relatively simple version of the feeding chart that includes a number of our supplements and additives, while still giving you great results and yields. Let me know if there is anything else I can add or if this is sufficient.

Vegetative growth

We do not recommend applying any nutrients until your plants have developed 3-4 sets of new or true leafs if grown from clones or seedlings. Also, if growing in amended soil, do not apply any nutrients until the plants have used up all the nutrients supplied by the soil. Having said that, here is what we suggest:

Until they develop 3 or 4 sets of new (clones)/true (seedlings) leaves feed them only water. You can foliar spray them with Jumpstart, use application rate suggested on the bottle or 1/4 strength B-52 (1 mL/liter) until then. You can also add 1/4 strength applications of Piranha, Tarantula or Voodoo Juice, to the water that you will use in the root zone.

Clones seedlings need high levels of moisture in the medium

(80% -85% is good 100% is too much)

They also like a warmer environment in the root zone 70 F – 80 F.

Week 1 – 300 ppm: GMB @ 0.5ml/L of each in a 1-1-1 ratio (1.5 ml in total per liter) + Foliar spray B-52 once per week at the 2ml/L application rate.

Week 2 – 600 ppm: GMB @ 1.0ml/L of each in a 1-1-1 ratio + Foliar spray B-52.

Week 3 – 900 ppm: GMB @ 2.0ml/L of Grow, 2.0ml/L Micro and 0.4ml/L Bloom in a 10-10-1 ratio (4.4ml in total per liter) + Voodoo Juice at the rate of 2ml/L + Foliar spray B-52.

Week 4 – 1200 ppm: GMB @ 2.5ml/L of Grow, 2.5ml/L Micro and 0.5ml/L Bloom in a 10-10-1 ratio (5.5ml in total per liter) + Voodoo Juice + Foliar spray B-52.

If it is necessary to veg your plants for a longer period of time then 4 weeks, continue with the 4th week application rates. Apply voodoo juice for up to three week in a row, to properly inoculate the root zone, after which, you can discontinue the application. Also, we recommend growing your plants in veg until they are about 1/3 of their final finish height, since the plants will put on anywhere from 1/2 - 2/3 more vertical growth in the bloom stage. That is, if you want to finish your plants at 6 feet tall, veg until they are 2 foot.

Flower Production Stage

Week 1 – 1000 ppm: GMB @ 1.82 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio (5.46 ml in total per liter)

Week 2 – 1200 ppm: GMB @ 2.27 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio

Week 3 – 1400 ppm: GMB @ 2.70 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio

Week 4 - 1600 ppm: GMB @ 3.33 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio

Week 5 – 1400 ppm: GMB @ 2.70 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio

Week 6 – 1200 ppm: GMB @ 2.27 ml/L each in a 1-1-1 ratio

Week 7 – Flush!

If plant needs longer than 6 weeks of feeding (7 week strain, the 7th week is a flush week), repeat week 4 for each extra week.

Overfeeding

If the very tip of the leaves get yellow, it is an early sign of overfeeding. Reduce the solution strength slightly (100 – 150 ppm), if not increase slightly.

Deficiencies

If the margins or any other part of the leaves yellows off it is a possible sign of deficiencies. Check pH in medium and reservoir, if the pH is off from the ideal levels lock out conditions may develop. At first symptom of a deficiency apply rule # 1: “When in doubt flush them out.”

If growing in a medium that takes some time to dry up, allow the medium to dry and feeding them plain pH adjusted water when they are ready, rule #2: “Don’t apply until it’s dry.” If growing in a re circulating system, find a way to give them only pH adjusted water for the length of a light cycle, a second reservoir just for water may be a simple solution, then it is just a matter of moving the pump over, maintain the regular water pump cycle during the flush.

pH conditions in medium

In Soil/Soiless (Soil or Soiless mixtures that may also contain peat moss but not Coco Coir) adjust the pH to 6.3

In Hydro (It includes products such as Rockwool, Hydroton Rock, and Lava Rock) adjust to 5.6

In Coco Coir adjust the ph to 5.8 – 6.0. You may want to supplement with SensiCal when growing in coco with a base nutrient that in not specific to growing in coco

Root damage

Another possibility is damage in the root zone, check for the possibility of root rot, or insect larvae as potential causes for root deterioration, brown, mushy, smelly roots are a good indicator of root damage. Hydrogen peroxide is an efficient way to destroy root rot causing bacteria.

Mixing instructions

When mixing your reservoir, always mix the product that has the highest nitrogen content first (the first number on the NPK rating.) This will more often then not, be your base nutrients. Make sure you properly dissolve each product before mixing the next one into your reservoir. After adding everything into the reservoir, allow the solution to sit for at least 1-2 hours. This will allow the pH to stabilize, making it easier to adjust. Once the pH is stabilized, measure it, and adjust according to the medium you are growing in.

When using a re circulating system, you will be dealing with one of two situations, either the reservoir is large enough to feed the plants for a week without the need to be topped up during the week or it is a small reservoir and in order to feed the plants through the week it will require to be topped up.

In case of reservoir that does not need to be topped up.

Add to the reservoir the amount of water that the plants are going to be using for the week, include some extra water to allow for evaporation.

Mix the nutrient solution at 1/6th of the strength that is suggested in the calculator for that week.

Example: If the plants need 1200 ppm for the week, divide 1200 by 6 and mix the reservoir at 200 – 250 ppm.

Allow the solution to sit long enough to stabilize the pH. Adjust pH

Feed the plants.

Allow the plants to feed on the solution and the pH to rise for 1 1/2 – 2 days before re adjusting the pH.

In case of reservoir that needs to be topped up with water during the week.

Add to reservoir the amount of water that the plants will use in 3 – 3 ½ days.

Mix the nutrient solution at the strength that is suggested in the calculator for that week.

Allow the solution to sit long enough to stabilize the pH. Adjust pH

Feed the plants

Allow the plants to feed on the solution for 1 1/2 – 2 days, top up with water to the original level first before re adjusting the pH, after adding the water allow solution to sit for an hour and re adjust the pH.

If growing in soil adjust the pH 6.3, in coco 5.8 – 6.0, in hydro 5.6.

When using a re circulating system having the pH rise after you start feeding the plants is a good thing, It means that the plants are up taking nutrient, it is important that it rises the plants up take different nutrients at different pH levels, allow the pH to rise for 1 ½ - 2 days at that point adjust the pH down to 5.6 again

Nutrient Calculator, Hydroponics nutrient calculator

Measurements:

1 gallon = 4 liters (quarts)

1 tsp (teaspoon) = 5 mL

1/2 tsp (teaspoon) = 2.5 mL

1/4 tsp (teaspoon) = 1.25 mL

1 tbsp (tablespoon) = 3 tsp (teaspoon) = 15 mL

We use a 700 ppm/uS/m scale or a 0.7 scale to convert from EC

Good morning Amigo, welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:
I run coco which is hydroponic aswell as dwc.
I use my nutrients full strength according to the schedule.
Most successful growers I know also follow the recommended schedule for their nutrients.
250 ppm is for a baby and won't sustain a plant.
I'll check on veg/ flower schedule and get back to you.

Screenshot_20240628-044933_Chrome.jpg

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I am using well water with ppm of 50
Then I add rhino skin 2ml-l and wait a few hours.
Then ppm is 70
Then micro, grow, bloom all at 1.5ml-l
This takes my ppm to 850 on 0.5 scale which j believe is 1.7ec is that correct

Which is how i have been using this time and everything looks healthy.

Last time i tried to use 4ml-l of MGB as recomended and it took my ppm over 2000 - i thought that was too high so re checked and remixed with same results. I believe this is ec4.0 and that is before I added any of the AN additives. After I added b52, tarantula, big bud etc. It was way higher..

I gave the solution to my plant despite my doubts and in the morning all the leaves were badly burnt.

I am tempted to carry on as I am at the moment with just the Micro Grow and Bloom at 1.5ml-l as everything looks healthy but i am worried that my plant could be bigger with full strength notes..??

Also I use hydrogen peroxide every time I refill the res so dont thing there any point using tarantula- is that correct?
Should I be using the other supplements?

Micro , grow & bloom should be fine for veg.
Let me check ppm when adding the rest. :Namaste:
600 range for veg and 1100 for flower, depending on your water to start is typical.
And it's ph perfect not ppm perfect. ;)
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom