4x4 tent lighting

neon green

After an exhaustive web search, not much information on my particular situation. I'm running a 4x4 with a 600w. I'm upgrading this week. Question is, 1 1000w, 2 600s, or 1 1000 and a 600. Temps aren't a problem. Lady's are about 2ft tall in coco and 3.5 gal pots. Keep in mind we aren't growing trees. More like shrubs so penetration is secondary, were just going for quality, and density.

If LED is not an option, I'd go with two 600W HPS.

I've been wanting to go with leds, but I do t want to spend $300 on one that I know will work or spend $90 on a mars hydro that might not work. Any experience with mars hydro leds?

I'm using a pair of their little 300's (135W actual) to supplement a 600W HPS in my small grow - roughly the same size as your setup. I don't have long-term experience for reliability, but they definitely work and are perhaps the best bang for the buck out there. This is my first grow using them for any length of time. I just flipped the plants so too early to give much input I'm afraid. I would rate a Mars 300 as good coverage for one plant (maybe 18" x 18" primary coverage).

I have two of the lights that PITA is talking about and will say, they definitely grow plants. I am sure they aren't the best, but for less than $65 shipped each, I think for the money, they are the best option at that price point. I was using them to supplement but recently have them running as the only lights in a small tent and the plants are loving them.

So you need penetration, another 600 watt would be a good option. Another option would be a 315 LEC. You are going to have to be the one to ultimately make the decision.

Two 600, better than one 1000....

I have 4x4 too but only 400 hps wid mars2 900 watt true 420 watts what u guys think I have my hps 1 foot above canopy temps r max 25c 40-50 humidity night temps 17 40-50 hum ,,,any advice

Back
Top Bottom