420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: October 2021

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: October 2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:
  • Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine T-shirt, 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Five 7 Gallon GeoPots
Geoflora Nutrients: 4lb Geoflora Veg & 4lb Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Blue Planet Nutrients: Elite 3-Part Gallon, 3.5 oz Easy Weed, 8 oz Cal-Mag Pro Formula
NextLight: NextLight 420h - LED Grow Light

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per year.

This contest is open to Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Pat Puffer or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

This year's winners who are now ineligible for nomination:
January - @Van Stank - Stanks Switch It Up In 2019
February - @Pat Puffer - Patient's Grows
March - @NuttyProfessor - Nutty & His Antics
April - @Bill284 - G.G. Clone Topped Before 10 Days Old
May - @Stunger - Stunger's Last Stand: Banned To The Balcony!
June - @Tokin Roll - Mars-Hydro DWC 1 Plant 4x4 Scrog
July - @copperrein - BESTVA LED & Homegrown Cannabis Co Triathlon Of Sativa
August - @Emilya - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
September - @Jon - Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
October Nominees

@JohnnieJC3 - JohnnieJC3's Dual Threat 2x4's DIY QB's: Variety Please!
This month I would like to submit JohnnieJC3

I would like to nominate JohnnieJC3 for Grow Journal of the Month (October). He’s very considerate when helping new members, supports our sponsor, and has proven himself many times over as an accomplished grower.

He’s is very considerate when greeting and helping new members to navigate around 420 Magazine. Often recommends and supports our sponsors when conversing with new members.

He has proven himself many times over as an accomplished grower. His current journal is a good indication, that he does a very detailed grow journal explaining everything that he is doing, and providing helpful tips when necessary.

Don’t vote until you checkout his current Journal or his completed journals.

@West Hippie - 420’s ViparSpectra P4000 Sponsor Grow Purple Punch DWC
I wanted to reach out to nominate West Hippie for this month's title of Grow Journal of the Month.

Not only does he do an amazing job with his ponic work and takes miraculous care of his plants, his updates every day are flawless.

He has a wonderful rapport with many members, as you already know, and his knowledge exchanges with them are so fluid and thorough.

He has a sense of humor and ease of communicating that makes someone new feel comfortable. In addition, he helps many a new members, including myself find both direction and support.

Despite the onslaught of things he has on the table, he finds time to spend on so many other's grows, lending whatever help they made need at any given time.

Thanks for allowing me to nominate who I feel embodies the totality of the Grow Journal of the Month mentality and leadership.

@Modest Grower - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
I think Modest Grower's journal deserves another shot at journal of the month. He did a great job with the comparative grow and was constantly providing us lots of high quality photo updates. He had good attention to detail, while highlighting his sponsors and replying to questions and comments with positive energy and pride. Those colas were monsters and those calyx's were extreme! It was a fun journal to follow from such an amazing cultivator.

@Carcass - Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019
From small beginnings and a tiny budget, Carcass' journal has flowered over the years into a fascinating and instructive perpetual. Indoors and outdoors, Carcass shows how you can start with little and end up with some amazing looking buds. Along the way, Carcass has to deal with all the usual problems and has gathered a tribe of engaged subscribers. Size isn't everything, but Carcass' big journal is definitely worth a look.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
October Nominees

@JohnnieJC3 - JohnnieJC3's Dual Threat 2x4's DIY QB's: Variety Please!

This month I would like to submit JohnnieJC3

I would like to nominate JohnnieJC3 for Grow Journal of the Month (October). He’s very considerate when helping new members, supports our sponsor, and has proven himself many times over as an accomplished grower.

He’s is very considerate when greeting and helping new members to navigate around 420 Magazine. Often recommends and supports our sponsors when conversing with new members.

He has proven himself many times over as an accomplished grower. His current journal is a good indication, that he does a very detailed grow journal explaining everything that he is doing, and providing helpful tips when necessary.

Don’t vote until you checkout his current Journal or his completed journals.

@West Hippie - 420’s ViparSpectra P4000 Sponsor Grow Purple Punch DWC

I wanted to reach out to nominate West Hippie for this month's title of Grow Journal of the Month.

Not only does he do an amazing job with his ponic work and takes miraculous care of his plants, his updates every day are flawless.

He has a wonderful rapport with many members, as you already know, and his knowledge exchanges with them are so fluid and thorough.

He has a sense of humor and ease of communicating that makes someone new feel comfortable. In addition, he helps many a new members, including myself find both direction and support.

Despite the onslaught of things he has on the table, he finds time to spend on so many other's grows, lending whatever help they made need at any given time.

Thanks for allowing me to nominate who I feel embodies the totality of the Grow Journal of the Month mentality and leadership.

@Modest Grower - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower

I think Modest Grower's journal deserves another shot at journal of the month. He did a great job with the comparative grow and was constantly providing us lots of high quality photo updates. He had good attention to detail, while highlighting his sponsors and replying to questions and comments with positive energy and pride. Those colas were monsters and those calyx's were extreme! It was a fun journal to follow from such an amazing cultivator.

@Carcass - Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

From small beginnings and a tiny budget, Carcass' journal has flowered over the years into a fascinating and instructive perpetual. Indoors and outdoors, Carcass shows how you can start with little and end up with some amazing looking buds. Along the way, Carcass has to deal with all the usual problems and has gathered a tribe of engaged subscribers. Size isn't everything, but Carcass' big journal is definitely worth a look.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

@Krissi1982... Your AK47 brings back Memory Lane, first Med Card in 04' and grabbed a few clones that year and one of them was AK47. All the other clones were decent, but it was the first time I saw a plant under 3 feet tall and Colas like you wouldn't believe. Half pounder and I had to reweigh it multiple times in disbelief. That sweet woodsy sort of taste and she had Blonde hairs throughout the entire grow. Blonde to dirty blonde at the end and Cure. Gorgeous and Unforgettable.

@Krissi1982... Your AK47 brings back Memory Lane, first Med Card in 04' and grabbed a few clones that year and one of them was AK47. All the other clones were decent, but it was the first time I saw a plant under 3 feet tall and Colas like you wouldn't believe. Half pounder and I had to reweigh it multiple times in disbelief. That sweet woodsy sort of taste and she had Blonde hairs throughout the entire grow. Blonde to dirty blonde at the end and Cure. Gorgeous and Unforgettable.
I am so glad that it revives those for you!!! Makes my soul happy!! My first grow AK grow was 32 inches, she is getting close at 27 right now and she needs to cola up still...she may give her harvested sister a run for her money...it is such a woodsy smell and taste!! Skunky and Earthy is how I describe it. You know I saw AK-48 seeds! Have you ever tried that out? It's a basic ruderalis mix but I would think a cousin to AK-47 would be worth trying. She is an easy and rewarding plentiful grow. She gave you a good haul that clone, I'd say!!!!

Congratulations to
:adore: October's Grow Journal of the Month Winner! :adore:

@Carcass

Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thank you for providing such amazing content for this community, we truly appreciate you!:high-five:

We also want to thank all of the nominees and those that nominated them.

We are very grateful for each of you. :love:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom