1st Grow: Caramel Kreme, Super Lemon Haze

BeginnerBud2

Hello all, i have been asking a lot.of questions with posts and have decided a grow journal might be easier and less annoying for everyone, plus people can learn with me :) I have got myself a 1.2mx1.2mx2.0m grow tent, MH veg light, HPS flower light, with a ballast that has 250watt, 400watt, 600watt and boost options, 6 28lt smart pots with coco/perlite. I have three caramel kremes currently in tent with 3 lemon haze seedlings to join. I started off my seeds by soaking them in water for 24hrs and then straight into coco cubes. My kremes I put straight into 28lt smart pots and I now realise this wasn't the smartest/optimal option. 1 of my lemon haze seedling I put the coco cube into a pete pot and have found out this is also not the best option so the other two will go in solo cups :') as you can read I am learning everything the hard way and mostly from this page. I have experience outdoors but I am quickly realising indoors is a lot different but equally as fun :) pictures and descriptions below.

Seen below are my pots, tent, exhaust fan and light

20210225_112731.jpg

20210225_112723.jpg

20210204_193946.jpg

Have you completely wet that coco before you planted in it?
Usually good to soak the coco and it seems like some people add a little calcium in the water to soak with.
Also good to use a surfactant like Yucca Extract as a wetting agent.
Some coco needs to be washed as it has too much sodium in it.
Main reason being is to make sure your coco isn't hydrophobic.

You don't want dry spots especially big ones.

Have you completely wet that coco before you planted in it?
Usually good to soak the coco and it seems like some people add a little calcium in the water to soak with.
Also good to use a surfactant like Yucca Extract as a wetting agent.
Some coco needs to be washed as it has too much sodium in it.
Main reason being is to make sure your coco isn't hydrophobic.

You don't want dry spots especially big ones.
I soaked it heavily before planting, I brought the coco pre buffered and washed so I'm hoping it was ready to roll. Should I get some cal mag?

Nice setup. I also think it looks dry on the surface. Looks like about time to start working on your fertilizing schedule. Lots of tall air pots with coco. I don’t envy your daily water routine. Lol. Looking good
Hey man, when I dip my finger below the surface it is still very damp? Worried about to much water :)

In coco, overwater is less of a concern. You’re about at the stage you don’t need to worry anymore. You really should keep the top wet as this is likely Where your roots are. A mist bottle? You could always surface water with a cup (instead of a full flood). What nutrients do you plan on running?

I just went from spray bottle to full water as they have have got more thirsty. I might keep misting the top as it dries :) I am using green planet 1 and 2 nutes. I'm a bit behind on the nute schedule because I wanted to go up by half ml and the chart goes up dramatically after the first week

In coco, overwater is less of a concern. You’re about at the stage you don’t need to worry anymore. You really should keep the top wet as this is likely Where your roots are. A mist bottle? You could always surface water with a cup (instead of a full flood). What nutrients do you plan on running?

Dual fuel chart.JPG

I think the ladies have really started to take to there big pots now and are booming! I have noticed some spots on one of the older girls :( any advice appreciated , I have moved the light away a bit as they've grown too close.

Back
Top Bottom