1/2 life of neem, an organic insecticide and fungicide

Bush Doctor 77

Coffee has me going, and I thought I'd crunch some numbers. Just getting ready to spray my outdoor plants. Neem comes from the neem tree, It is an OMRI approved organic insecticide and fungicide. It has a half life of 1.5 to 2.5 days. Given the median half life of 2 days, if you apply one gram of neem to a plant(it would be a very large plant to take a whole gram of neem in mix), two weeks later, you will have .008 gm left on that plant. Neem breaks down faster when wet, so you can accelerate the process by misting the plant. Neem can be a very useful tool. You can buy neem bars of soap for humans. When my wife was very sick with cancer, stress messed up my immune system. I became allergic to animal mites. Neem soap gave me relief. Luckily for my kitties, once the stress was gone the extreme allergy went away.
npic.orst.edu/factsheets/neemgen.html#:~:text=The%20half-life%20of%20azadirachtin,most%20soil%20and%20water%20environments.

Thanks for this BD it seems I'm letting the bottom half of my spray jug sit too long! Fresh batch from now on if there's any left over from the last. CHeers! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom