Icky's Experimental Grow From Bag Seeds

icky

Well, I have been reading and learning a ton of information from 420. I was so impressed with the people and results on here that I decided to start my own grow using bag seeds from some really top notch stuff just to see how it would go before I spent a bunch of money on seeds and supplies. I ended up dropping about $600.00 on supplies anyway just because I became obsessed with it. I sprouted 6 unknown seeds which turned into 5 fems and 1 hermi! Hermie is gone. I will try and supply all the info I can about the grow:

*Strain-unknown. seems to be IMO, Indica.
*2 months of veg. now into 1 week of flowering.
*growing indoors, turned a 12x15 area of the attic into a grow room.
has its own intake and exhaust ports.
*soil-MG indoor/ outdoor potting mix. 4 gal buckets w/ holes drilled.
*400W hps lamp.
*room temp kept between 70-80 deg. F
*Humidity staying low, around 50-60%.
*Pests- none.
*watering every 2 days now, 2 plants are 4 ft. tall and are very thirsty.
*used 1/4 strenth jacks Classic Bloom Booster first day of flowering. I'll do that once a week if all looks ok.
*PH is between 6.8 and 7.
Now to get some pictures uploaded.

Re: Icky's Experimental grow from bag seeds.

Grow room setup.
400w_hps_setup.JPG
101_03982.JPG
101_03972.JPG
101_03951.JPG
101_03943.JPG

ok, got the uploads figured out. 420 has all the answers!

3 of my girls are 4 ft. tall. only one week into 12/12. maybe I will have to LST them soon!

Here they are! 2 months old, one week in 12/12.
101_03871.JPG
101_0359.JPG
101_03691.JPG
101_03601.JPG
101_03901.JPG
101_03892.JPG
I know they got a little tall, I may have to raise the plastic ceiling.

The hermi I put outside still looks really heathy for the temps dipping into the low 30s last night. Does anyone have an opinion on bending the tops over now or waiting until I absolutely have to? How about clipping the huge leaves that shade the lower bud sites? does the added light to the lower nodes outweigh the stress of clipping?

OMG these things are stretching like crazy, How long does this go on until it starts just budding?

General rule of the thumb is 2-3 times the size of plant when you switch over to 12/12.

These things were 48 inches when I started last week, lmao, This should be interesting. uploading some more pics, messing with the camera, its due for a replacement.

If I stared at those pics any longer I may have a seizure with all that reflectivity, lol...You might try centering the plants more under the light and lowering it a bit closer to stop the stretch. Be careful though, I can't really tell from the pics the exact placement and distance from the tops so you'll need to be the judge on that, just a suggestion :peace:

My 2 big girls are about 2 ft. away. I don't have a fan on the HPS lamp so I don't dare go any closer. keeping it about 75-80 Deg. F when lamps on. maybe these pics will be a little better.
03104.JPG
02104.JPG
05102.JPG
7368.JPG
06100.JPG
8284.JPG
9218.JPG
Trying to keep the Mylar from making it hard to look at. photography is tougher than the grow!!!

Now that they are up I don't think they are much better than the last batch. I need a better backround when I shoot them. cover the Mylar with a sheet maybe. They look so much more full and healthy in person.

They look great and healthy from where I'm sitting! Keep up the good work and maybe they'll stop the stretch without having to do much :bravo:

I am amazed at how thirsty they are now. They are showing dehydration in under 48 hours from a full watering. Water them and within a half day they are spread up and out and rigid. I brought my wife in to look at them tonight. she takes a look every few weeks but barely cares. (At least she pretends to not care.)She said "Wow, Look at all the white things popping out all over." Lmao. I'm having a blast with this grow. :rocker:

19 days into 12/12. alot of bud sites popping out all over. Today I trimmed off the huge leaves that are shading the lower buds. only did it on one plant for now to see how it reacts.
9220.JPG
8286.JPG
7370.JPG
6408.JPG
5477.JPG
10189.JPG
The smaller plants are a little behind, I guess that will help to string out all the cutting I will have to do when they start to finish.

The stretch seems to have slowed. The buds are really poppin now. I have considered LST. If they get much closer to the HPS lamp I'll be forced to. The Male I chucked outside is still alive dispite temps down into low 30s F. Seed pods popping out all over but a little droopy, so I watered the freak. Also gave the girls their first dose of Jacks Classic Bloom Booster 10-30-20. 1/2 strength. Hope it doesn't over nute with the MG soil.

The stretch seems to have slowed. The buds are really poppin now. I have considered LST. If they get much closer to the HPS lamp I'll be forced to. The Male I chucked outside is still alive dispite temps down into low 30s F. Seed pods popping out all over but a little droopy, so I watered the freak. Also gave the girls their first dose of Jacks Classic Bloom Booster 10-30-20. 1/2 strength. Hope it doesn't over nute with the MG soil.

do you know what ppm the water was when you fed?

Call me a noob but what do you mean by parts per mil. of the water? I fed 1/2 the directions which was only a 1/4 teaspoon per gal. I should have just written 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen to be a smart ass lol. Since I don't know what I'm talking about, especially when I just finished with my after work relaxation burn! Ahhhh:tokin:

hey bro, lookin good. few q's.

how far is the light from the top of the plants?

how far are the plants away from the mylar walls?

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom