Two Men Found To Have $16.8 Million In Marijuana At Addison Business

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Addison, IL — Luis Pichardo, 32, of 138 N. 18th Ave., Melrose Park, and Ignacio Morales, 28, of the same Melrose Park address have each been charged with one count of unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver (over 5,000 grams), a class-X felony, punishable by up to 6 to 30 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections, according to a release today from the DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert. B. Berlin.

On Friday evening, undercover agents with the DuPage Metropolitan Enforcement Group (DuMeg) allegedly observed Pichardo and Morales acting suspiciously at a business at 135 Laura Drive in Addison. The men left the business and were pulled over by an Addison police officer a short time later for traffic violations. The driver of the vehicle, Pichardo, allegedly did not possess a valid driver’s license and was arrested.

During the traffic stop, a K-9 unit positively alerted officers on the vehicle. In the early morning hours on Saturday, a search warrant was obtained and executed for the 135 Laura Drive address. Inside the business, DuMeg officials recovered 3,700 pounds of marijuana with an estimated street value of $16.8 million.

The men appeared in bond court Sunday morning, where Judge Else set bond for each man at $10 million with 10 percent to apply.

Both men are scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 19 for arraignment in front of Judge Robert Kleeman.

bust1.jpg

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: mysuburbanlife.com
Copyright: Itasca Press
Website: Two men found to have $16.8 million in marijuana at Addison business

What's the name of that game you try to stop it and it goes in a different direction.
oh yea! FREEDOM

3,700 pounds? That's not medicinal or personal use.

That's someone with a million-dollar business who's not paying taxes.

What they refer to as a criminal enterprise, lol.

Wonder if it was grown domestically or imported from Mexico?

3,700 pounds? That's not medicinal or personal use.

That's someone with a million-dollar business who's not paying taxes.

What they refer to as a criminal enterprise, lol.

Wonder if it was grown domestically or imported from Mexico?

It's only has any value because of what we spent to find it.If this was in the market place the value would drop dramatically and why it's not taxed adds to the price.From reading the story they want you to believe they stumbled upon this by accident after you see a couple of these stories the pattern of the lies becomes evident.They also know how to play the game that they have created.

I support the use of cannabis for medicinal, recreational, industrial, nutritional, or any other use that it can be put to. And I support the right of people to grow it, share it, gift it, trade it, and even to offer it in return for reasonable compensation for the time and effort that was spent in growing it.

<SHRUGS> But I don't like drug dealers all that much. Not big for-profit ones, be they dealing in "the one that isn't a cola," that "sparkling crystal," the "perfume of the Orient," pharmaceuticals... or cannabis.

I suppose that there are probably a few big-business dealers who's only crime is the "crime" of doing something that the government - or, occasionally, the society in which they choose to live - does not approve of. But many, many more times those individuals are criminals - in spirit if not by the letter of the laws in the jurisdictions they live/operate in; and far more people are harmed than are helped. I am just not a fan of anything which is driven by greed.

I will always feel friendly towards those who try to help others in some way while they attempt to earn a living (even a fairly comfortable one). But being in the business of either growing or importing 3700 pounds of cannabis, lmfao, is so far past "a fairly comfortable living" as to be off the scale altogether.

Getting arrested for growing enough cannabis for one's self and the people that one knows who have a need for it... That is just not right and those who make such arrests should be locked up.

Getting arrested for growing or importing over 1¾ TONS of cannabis... That's called karma:).

Back
Top Bottom