My new flood table

mule

Hey Guys and gals just wanted to show off my new flood table... I put my jacks cleaner2 in it, because they didn't dig the Deep Water Culture thing so I did this... I have a coca mat under the media. I flood every hour for 15 min... So far so good... :goodluck: I really dig this set up! :cheer: Any comments or questions are welcome...

Flood_table_001.JPG

Flood_table_007.JPG

Flood_table_006.JPG

Flood_table_009.JPG

Flood_table_008.JPG

very pimp bro....looks familiar....what do you think? hows the pitch for the drain?

When you want to grow the best weed you can ... Act like the cats doing it until you get there... :headbanger:...

Pit I think it kicks ass! Crazy thing this morning I woke up smoked one... And checked em filling and I was like ok we have level... Is there standing water under that mat... So I threw a level on it and I was like f*ck me yes... Thanks reps if I could...

OK a F*CKING crazy side note, since I have a expert in the house!!! Plants 4 days into flower :cheer:

My DPX plants not the JC2 runts show here, started bleeding clear fluid out of the leaves... Not some leaves laying on each other just straight up open leaves... When I touched the fluid and rubbed it in between my fingers it felt like a oil.. Then me and my bro tasted it, no taste a little smell... But got him a little F8cked up he said... Crazy shit! I was thinking holy crap water or some shit WTF gonna burn the leaves... Went back 10 minutes later and the clear fluid all absorbed back into the plants... You seen that Pit?

Ok...I'm dumb!! Whats the reason for the hydron outside the pots, in your flood table?

A few reasons... When the roots grow out of the pots to keep em out of the light, and moist. I have a coca mat under the hydroton and it keeps the mat from taking the plants surfing around the tray. The pots tend to want to cruz around the tray when it's full of water and tip over... I live in Co so we can use all the humidity we can get so it helps that out.

If I had a full tray of pots with plants I wouldn't be using it like this... I could fill the tray with empty pots full of hydroton. However that's a PITA to clean up after I cut these babies out and put them into a ebb and grow for flower... That's the plan :goodluck:

just a thought...if yoiur transplanting into an ebb..5"round net pots...that works best. just plop them in the bucket and top off with media

just a thought...if yoiur transplanting into an ebb..5"round net pots...that works best. just plop them in the bucket and top off with media

Thanks Pit! I have no clue at this point where they will end up... A DIY pump feed, gravity return, ebb and flow is in the works with buckets... I will keep this in mind! Hell I might leave in this till they finish, if I don't swing the cash for the bucket set up...

A few reasons... When the roots grow out of the pots to keep em out of the light, and moist.

I currently have a 4x4 vegging table that has the plants sitting in it like yours without the floating hydroton.
The tray isn't completely full of pots so I am starting to see roots growing outside the bottom of the pot and extending out into the tray. Is this going to stunt the progress of the plants?
If they don't like light why would they grow out into a lighted area and not grow more toward the dark area underneath the pot?
I plan on flowering in another empty tray in another room.
I don't want to put hydroton in the trays and the thought of making a cover doesn't thrill me either because the number of flowering plants will always fluctuate with time and I have more than one flowering tray.
Any suggestions?

I currently have a 4x4 vegging table that has the plants sitting in it like yours without the floating hydroton.
The tray isn't completely full of pots so I am starting to see roots growing outside the bottom of the pot and extending out into the tray. Is this going to stunt the progress of the plants?
If they don't like light why would they grow out into a lighted area and not grow more toward the dark area underneath the pot?
I plan on flowering in another empty tray in another room.
I don't want to put hydroton in the trays and the thought of making a cover doesn't thrill me either because the number of flowering plants will always fluctuate with time and I have more than one flowering tray.
Any suggestions?

coco mat

fair enough. How long does it last?

The reason I ask is that I am thinking there is either degradation of the mat or plant material being left behind every time there is movement. From vegging to flowering and flowering to drying.

fair enough. How long does it last?

The reason I ask is that I am thinking there is either degradation of the mat or plant material being left behind every time there is movement. From vegging to flowering and flowering to drying.

The mat wont break apart... It's coconut husk and natural rubber that is ground and mixed... It's like a "new style" kids playground mat... And yes if you rip or move the plants once the roots hit the coca... Add any "syme" in the recommended dosage and it will make the dead roots food for the sisters...

So do you just snip your roots close to the mat when you are taking a pot out of the tray?

Thanx for the info.

Syme ? Never heard of it before. Will google.

So do you just snip your roots close to the mat when you are taking a pot out of the tray?

Thanx for the info.

Syme ? Never heard of it before. Will google.

The way I'm going to do it is, cut out a piece of the mat the roots are growing into and drag them out of the little channels under the mat...

Sensizyme, hydrozyme, Or any product that turns the dead roots into food for the rest of the plants, instead of them rotting and jacking the ph...

I just bought the 4'X8'X1/4" It was $39.00 I just cut off 2' and into my tray... Cut a hole for the overflow and left the fill/drain under the mat... :smokin:

The way I'm going to do it is, cut out a piece of the mat the roots are growing into and drag them out of the little channels under the mat...

but if you use one piece for a long time would this not leave you with a mat full of holes as opposed to just cutting the roots off at the mat and then using
hydrozyme.

The reasons I suggest this is because the plant doesn't suffer much from the root trimming(from what I've read) and the mat would last that much longer.
Agree/Disagree?

I would be curious to know just how long you could use a mat in a continually vegging environment.

Back
Top Bottom