Found a small spot of bud rot

tonythc

bud rot today.Was debating wether to go ahead and harvest them .My pictures are not the best in the world but maybe someone can look and give me an opinion.Thanks in advance:circle-of-love:
DSCF3725.JPG
DSCF37312.JPG
DSCF3727.JPG
DSCF37241.JPG
DSCF37231.JPG
DSCF3726.JPG
DSCF37302.JPG
DSCF37182.JPG
DSCF3721.JPG
DSCF37201.JPG
DSCF37141.JPG
DSCF37191.JPG

I think my opening statement was a little confusing.What I was asking was if they looked like they are close to harvesting or not.?

They look close, but you should check the trichomes with a jewlers loupe if you can.
Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

Thank you sir

I checked the trichs yesterday.They look like they have been in a suspended state for about a week now.Trichs are 70% clear to 30% cloudy maybe a small number being amber.These cool damp nights just have me a little skiddish right now.Do some strains take longer for the trichs to change?:thumb:

I would more likely take a closer look at the bud or effected areas to be honest, bud rot can devastate a harvest if left to long & i would more likely keep a close eye on those relative humidity conditions during day & night... you might be able to find a internet weather station to give a rough idea tho :thumb:

It is normally the bigger / more dense cola's which attract bud rot first this appears as a localized area of bud/sweet/sugar leaf etc turning yellow or shrilling up & you may need to gently spread the bud apart around the area for closer inspection... to which i'm pretty sure it starts out as brown patch's with in the bud, turning to a white mold hairy effect/surface & then going grey mold growth on the surface... ya pretty much stuffed at this point & no saving can be done.

If any of that to you seems close to you i'd think about chopping but may get away with another week at best ?

But if bud rot doe's show i would pay close attention to the slow air dry & relative humidity to prevent further harm as bud rot can happen during this period also !

Mmm a slight boo boo by myself :thumb:

PICT000358.JPG
PICT000156.JPG
PICT000946.JPG
PICT000845.JPG

Ye how gutted was I, that would of been my best harvest to date but about a good half was binned :(

I would more likely take a closer look at the bud or effected areas to be honest, bud rot can devastate a harvest if left to long & i would more likely keep a close eye on those relative humidity conditions during day & night... you might be able to find a internet weather station to give a rough idea tho :thumb:

It is normally the bigger / more dense cola's which attract bud rot first this appears as a localized area of bud/sweet/sugar leaf etc turning yellow or shrilling up & you may need to gently spread the bud apart around the area for closer inspection... to which i'm pretty sure it starts out as brown patch's with in the bud, turning to a white mold hairy effect/surface & then going grey mold growth on the surface... ya pretty much stuffed at this point & no saving can be done.

If any of that to you seems close to you i'd think about chopping but may get away with another week at best ?

But if bud rot doe's show i would pay close attention to the slow air dry & relative humidity to prevent further harm as bud rot can happen during this period also !

Mmm a slight boo boo by myself :thumb:

PICT000358.JPG
PICT000156.JPG
PICT000946.JPG
PICT000845.JPG

Ye how gutted was I, that would of been my best harvest to date but about a good half was binned :(

Thanks for the good info Fuzzy,:high-five:

The small spot that I found was probably the size of 2 BB's.I immediately cut it out!:thumb:

I searched really good looking for more but didnt see any.

Really been keeping a close eye out for anymore.

I would be heartbroken if something happened to this grow.:thanks:

Cutting effected material out is a sort term solution.

I'm pretty sure i've come across products that counter bud rot once it takes hold & one is called Rot Stop.

Some stuff on how it works :thumb:

Bud Rot Stop is a broad application leaf conditioner that conditions the leaf to ensure it is able to defend itself against fungal attack. Bud Rot Stop contains a strain of naturally occuring bacteria that grows for a short time (requires a minimum of 4 hours growth) on the leaf of the plant. During this growth - the bacteria produce secondary metabolites that work on one level by forming a physical barrier on the leaf surfaces to prevent attachment of the pathogens to plant cell tissues. On a second level - the lipopeptides form mixed micelles on plant surfaces that perforate the membranes of fungal cells and spores to prevent growth and suppress the reproduction of the botrytis spores (Bud Rot). This prior inoculation with beneficial bacteria will encourage systemic-acquired resistance (SAR) within the plant to increase plant health. Itegrate Bud Rot Stop into an overall disease and pest management strategy whenever fungicide use is necessary. Produced using Soil Association approved ingredients.

Have fun, Regards fuzzy.

Cutting effected material out is a sort term solution.

I'm pretty sure i've come across products that counter bud rot once it takes hold & one is called Rot Stop.

Some stuff on how it works :thumb:

Bud Rot Stop is a broad application leaf conditioner that conditions the leaf to ensure it is able to defend itself against fungal attack. Bud Rot Stop contains a strain of naturally occuring bacteria that grows for a short time (requires a minimum of 4 hours growth) on the leaf of the plant. During this growth - the bacteria produce secondary metabolites that work on one level by forming a physical barrier on the leaf surfaces to prevent attachment of the pathogens to plant cell tissues. On a second level - the lipopeptides form mixed micelles on plant surfaces that perforate the membranes of fungal cells and spores to prevent growth and suppress the reproduction of the botrytis spores (Bud Rot). This prior inoculation with beneficial bacteria will encourage systemic-acquired resistance (SAR) within the plant to increase plant health. Itegrate Bud Rot Stop into an overall disease and pest management strategy whenever fungicide use is necessary. Produced using Soil Association approved ingredients.

Have fun, Regards fuzzy.

The active ingredient in this is bacillus subtillis (qst 713). Serenade makes a good bac-sub called Serenade Garden Disease Control. It's good stuff, but it smells like you stuck your head in the toilet part of a porta-potty. I have used it alot for PM, it's my go to, but I've never tried it on bud rot. Just be careful with that smell, you DO NOT want that smell or taste on your final product.

I cant tell you guys how much everyone here has helped me through my second grow.I have been checking the affected spot and the health of the whole plant 2 or 3 times a day and so far so good.Definately going to check into some Bud Rot Stop for sure.The nights here are getting a little too cool and lots of dew on the ground.So my mind is made up I will be harvesting tomorrow!!WOOHOO!!!:slide: I think they are really close to where I would like them to be.I will post some pics after I trim and hang.Thanks bunches guys!:thumb:

Well ,,,,,today was a great day!

Really enjoyed my first harvest with some nice looking bud and several buds also!:yahoo:

Had no idea they would be that much bud.

And these pics show only half the plant.

Thought I would do a comparison half early and half later.:hmmmm:

This could not have been done without all the help from this forum!Thank you again! I feel like a proud father.lol:thanks::thanks::thanks:

DSCF37362.JPG
DSCF37422.JPG
DSCF37454.JPG
DSCF37443.JPG
DSCF37412.JPG
DSCF37353.JPG
DSCF37431.JPG
DSCF37402.JPG
DSCF37344.JPG

Sounds all good tonythc :thumb:

Just as a precaution i'd still keep a close on the buds as bud rot can still happen during the slow air dry, it is mainly the first few days when bud is prone coupled with high humidity of the drying area.

I'm a little bit more technical on the slow air dry these days than the cardboard box method i use to use so long ago.

For the first days when the bud is largely still moist i like to keep RH between 40% to 50% & temperature just above 20c after that i try to get RH around 50% to 60% with temperature just below 20c for remaining period of the slow air dry.

I don't run a precise controlled environment tho but working on an average to what i know of my own conditions so temps around 20c is pretty ok but a dehumidifier i do use & recently got an air purifier with a uv germicidal bulb in it to help control air born mold spores such as bud rot aka Botrytis & the ideal breeding ground for it to occur, temperature / humidity.

Now the figures used are not my own but i came across this info from Dinafem MJ seed breeder site to which i have used several times for perfect results.

Just a little pro tip with my own experience shared & i hope it serves you well for many more harvests to come :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom