My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

MsSinful

Strain: Ministry of cannabis
Auto Fem Blue Amnesia
Delicious- Fem Caramelo
castle-marijuana-seeds is the vender I went with for the seeds.
Tent: 5ftx2ft currently I do have a larger one if needed.
Temps: lights on 76-79F 64 humidity.
Lights off 72F and I didn't write down the humidity but I remember looking and it was around the same.
Soil: will be roots organic original.
Pot size: Started in a paper towel roll that I had cut into pieces once they sprouted I place them in Pots you see in the pictures.
Watering: it's been 14 days now since being in soil and I have not watered completely I've only used a spray to bottle to mist the top layer or soil. I use distilled water only.
Nutes: n/a I'm think I won't mess around with any this grow. I have rock and fox farm sets though.
Lighting: this time I started them under a 125w CFL for 2 weeks with 24/0 about 10in away. I just switched over to a 300w mars hydro 18/4 30in away.

I'm 2 thumbs down a noob. I've been growing for 2 years now with many many fails. The number #1 reason in the end has been over watering and to much hovering. Out of all my grows I've tried 2 actually finish. The yielding was small both times. The 1st successful one I think I barely had enough to roll a joint followed by a many fails. My last grow was much better, all of my own seedling had sadly been killed off so a friend gave me some large clones. Out of 6 plants I was able to get 1oz :/ I know... lame right? It's growth though. It's been a few month now since my last grow. I've decided to just get back to the basics.
The best part of failing would be the things ive learnt. So welcome to my grow journal. I will update the journal once a week unless something goes wrong.

Aug 31st they all popped so we are 2 weeks old. Next time I post pictures they will be under normal lighting.

420-magazine-mobile94156043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

Question? I've noticed in a lot of the auto grow journals people are planting the seed straight into the end game pot. Mine are in small 4x3in pots. Should I move my 3 autos into 1gal pots now or wait a bit? My only concern is causing them stress. Anyone have advice for what I should do?

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

This guy's an auto king. Hit him up

Phrum the light room.

thebeast27
Phrum the light room.

For some reason it won't let me post url right now. So look him up.

Phrum the light room.

Here's another one to holler at.
Canna and Nismo team up. When I can post links to urls again I will hook you up with the right people

Phrum the light room.

Here's another one to holler at.
Canna and Nismo team up. When I can post links to urls again I will hook you up with the right people

Phrum the light room.

This is great. I'll reach out to the both of them. Thank you.

This is great. I'll reach out to the both of them. Thank you.

Just a word of advice stick around and you will see that this community is effing awesome. Way more here than meets the eye.

I'll prop up over here and :bongrip:.

As it relates to autos being up-potted....Autos have a fixed life span controlled primarily by their genetics and it's best that they not be shocked by moving up in pot size.

What you might do is determine what size pot is good for your space and light situation. Then up-pot them into that size as soon as your current small pot is filled with roots. Up-pot them to the final pot, water them in well and leave them alone for a few days to give them a good chance to recover.

Over watering is usually constant watering. Let them have a dry cycle as determined by lifting the pot and mentally comparing to a well watered pot. I think you might benefit from The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

:bongrip:

Just a word of advice stick around and you will see that this community is effing awesome. Way more here than meets the eye.

I had actually said to someone that I plan to stay away from the forums for this grow because I got a ton of wrong advice in the past from a different site. It's definitely more organized and I really like that so many people attach different URL's in there signature for help. So Thank you. I look forward to it.

I'll prop up over here and :bongrip:.

As it relates to autos being up-potted....Autos have a fixed life span controlled primarily by their genetics and it's best that they not be shocked by moving up in pot size.

What you might do is determine what size pot is good for your space and light situation. Then up-pot them into that size as soon as your current small pot is filled with roots. Up-pot them to the final pot, water them in well and leave them alone for a few days to give them a good chance to recover.

Over watering is usually constant watering. Let them have a dry cycle as determined by lifting the pot and mentally comparing to a well watered pot. I think you might benefit from The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

:bongrip:

This is great information, thank you. In past grows esp the beginning I would repot often the main reason would be from over watering so a solution that was giving was to repot in dryer soil. I would just over water again without realizing I was. I had always noticed when I did repot the roots would come out stringy and grayish never wrapped around the soil.
So this is cool. I'll wait a bit and read the full link you shared. Thanks again.

So we are at 3 weeks tomorrow. I took a photo of the 3 autos. Everything seems to be going great which is amazing. This is probably the best start of a grow I've had since I don't notice any disagreement to their environment. I'm keeping them in the same size pots for another week or so then moving to a 1gal.
I've noticed that soil has dropped maybe 1/2in at max. Is this normal? I thought maybe it's from the plants roots wrapping around.

420-magazine-mobile1685738899.jpg

Hope you don't mind me joining in watching this grow, with auto's I always put them in their final pot at the very beginning. I don't add any nutes for the first 3 weeks either as their is enough in the soil and I always use cal-mag. Have you thought about topping them, they look ready if you are))) Here's a pic of topped v untopped (topped on the right)
20160508_220704.jpg

:passitleft:

Hope you don't mind me joining in watching this grow, with auto's I always put them in their final pot at the very beginning. I don't add any nutes for the first 3 weeks either as their is enough in the soil and I always use cal-mag. Have you thought about topping them, they look ready if you are))) Here's a pic of topped v untopped (topped on the right)
20160508_220704.jpg

I do have the urge to top one just nervous if I start messing around things will go down hill for me. Have you ever had a grow solely with soil? No nutes?
Both those plants look awesome.

No I haven't sorry, but I only use 4 different nutes and they are all organic from green planet. I use Medi-One, Pro-cal, Massive and Finisher, I like these nutes as they are not too expensive and they are organic, plus they seem to last ages))) For soil I use canna terra professional mix with about 20% extra perlite. These 2 where the smaller ones, it was just to see which would perform better and the topped one won by about half an oz dry weight, should of been more but I couldn't help but to take a few sample buds))) If I remember correctly I think beast27 was on about doing a similar grow, topped vs untopped...

Just a few hours after my last update I noticed all the plants looked super droopy. I waited a bit to see it maybe it was from the lights on/off switch but it just got worse. I decided to do a full water and with hours they all bounced right back.
Today the soil seemed bone dry again. Only 2 looked droopy so I decided it's time to pot up. Now the 3 autos are in their final pots you can see in the front row. I also made an attempt to fim the auto in the 1st row left side so should be interesting to see what happens.

420-magazine-mobile1036191852.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1150674497.jpg

No I haven't sorry, but I only use 4 different nutes and they are all organic from green planet. I use Medi-One, Pro-cal, Massive and Finisher, I like these nutes as they are not too expensive and they are organic, plus they seem to last ages))) For soil I use canna terra professional mix with about 20% extra perlite. These 2 where the smaller ones, it was just to see which would perform better and the topped one won by about half an oz dry weight, should of been more but I couldn't help but to take a few sample buds))) If I remember correctly I think beast27 was on about doing a similar grow, topped vs untopped...

Ok np. I was just asking to see if it's even possible for a plant to get everything it needs start to finish in just soil. I'm going to search green planet later just for info. I've been under the impression that "nutes" are not organic at all. So it will be cool to learn some info. Thank you.

420-magazine-mobile2537874.jpg

I was pretty excited to see happy plants today. I figured the growth would stop for a few days while they adjusted but that doesn't seem to be the case. They all seem to have grown even just a little. I'm definitely enjoying this grow without any stress so far.

420-magazine-mobile2537874.jpg

I was pretty excited to see happy plants today. I figured the growth would stop for a few days while they adjusted but that doesn't seem to be the case. They all seem to have grown even just a little. I'm definitely enjoying this grow without any stress so far.

Looking good! I'm pulling up a seat....

Back
Top Bottom