Solocups First Aero Grow!

solocup

Well how shall I start.

strain:bag seed
400 watt h.i.d...mh at the moment
3x3 grow tent
homemade aero system

I just received the tent in the mail today after a long wait and got it up and running.I am somewhat new to hydro other than a attempt at dwc a few years back.
solocup_010.JPG

This is a spray manifold with 2 shrub sprinkler heads....best I could do on my budget at this time.
420_mag_034.JPG

And here on my two ok clones....I had a unplug situation for half a day which almost killed them
solocup_015.JPG

My ph is yellow (liquid test)which indicates 6.I have a pen but it is unreliable.The day after calibration it is off.

I still have to check ppm but that might have to wait until tomarrow.I am using technifloras recipe for success starter kit.

Any and all help along this grow will be appreciated as this is my first time growing with what I think is aero.

Update:

I am having a hard time keeping my tent temps down.Its running in the 90s throughout the daytime.The only thing I can think of to keep it down would be to run at night.I am using a 4inch 165 cfm inline fan but need to vent it out of the room its in.I cant go bigger on the fan right now and the tents openings are only 4 inch.Any ideas on a quick fix?Will check ppm and ph and temps after I get home tonight.Also on the edge of my tote I am have a water leak issue.I bought this one with the lip that goes all the way around to avoid it but still have the same problem.

I put a vent up this morning and still have temps hitting 90.ppm 261 ph was a little over 7 so I adjusted and also covered rez with foil to lower nute temp.Will post more pics tonight.Seems I already have a root discoloration.Does anyone have a diy instruction about making a cfl light so I can use it until my temps come down in a month.I seen one on here made with pvc and looked great.

Trying to setup a sog to pull one plant a week.I have a 12 plant limit.

Problem....Leaks around net pots,it just keeps seeping out.Maybe sprinkler heads were not such a good idea,they spray to much force sideways causing the problem.

Time to build a makeshift bubbler until I can get around to making a small manifold with the right kind of misters.
Also had a rez heat issue so I moved the light all the way up...

Heres the 5 minute bubbler/like the cloner but not aero yet!
solocup_006.JPG

Any Ideas on how to keep the nutrient solution cool?

I look at it last night.Thanks for the link.I just have to find time to build it.Will post update this evening.

im subbed welcome to journaling lol
you might wanna keep your bubbler a bubbler for the cloner they work great and adding a water pump to pump water in the bucket will raise temps in the water.
and you might wanna make your aero system as a recirculating system that way you can keep the pump in the separate res helping you keep temps down in the main tank, itll also help you from getting roots into the pump thus clogging it

im subbed welcome to journaling lol
you might wanna keep your bubbler a bubbler for the cloner they work great and adding a water pump to pump water in the bucket will raise temps in the water.
and you might wanna make your aero system as a recirculating system that way you can keep the pump in the separate res helping you keep temps down in the main tank, itll also help you from getting roots into the pump thus clogging it

I was going to us a 5 gallon bucket for my rez but the tent is too tall and I need to find a way to build it where water does not leak from the net pots.I will build a spate rez as soon as I can figure out a leak proof seal for the lid and a better tote.Should I put the tub higher in the tent so it can drain back to the pump?

The rest of the clones only have a few days left,after that I will change them to a bubbler system to avoid heat for now.I keep my place at 65 in the winter so I might have to use a fish tank heater if it drops below that.I had a problem last winter with that.

How often should I post new pictures?

Should I put the tub higher in the tent so it can drain back to the pump? How often should I post new pictures?

i am not sure what you are asking, please rephrase the question. you should update your journal every few days so we can see how your grow is progressing or any problems you may be having.

Update:

Ph keeps going up over night from 6 to 7 or so
ppm is @ 225
added a few more clones and have one left to root.
I want to pull a couple clones off them for mothers before I flip them to 12/12.
I am using distilled water and techniflora recipe for success kit but I am thinking about getting something different.

solocup_014.JPG
solocup_013.JPG

I will be building a new aero system in a couple of weeks.I want to have it done before the light switch.
I have the temps under control for now and will also be building a cfl fixture for the mothers.

Thinking about the rain gutter system,as long as I can get all the parts for under 100 bucks.I already have a couple of pumps,some misters and a reservoir.

nft?
glad you got your temps under control:thumb:

Is that what its called?

What DIY system would you recommend?
I haven't found a tote for aero that doesn't leak either around the edge or the net cups.I was thinking about different misters to change the pressure and take care of the leaks.

nutrient film technique
you get like gutters or to have it a closed system people use those plastic fence post
drill the holes for the netpots and or piping for the nozzles depends how you set it up on a slight angle everything flows down back to res
something like 4 on 1 off on a timer for the nozzles to spray
but its heavily dependent on power

I also have been looking into a fogger version of aero but I see the reviews on most of the foggers and going bad.Either way I go I still need to take it back to aero.Seen a dewey mister system and just looking for a grow with them to see if they are worth it.Will post new pics soon...:) And thanks for the explanation,I seen one like the nft with misters in it and thought it was an aero system.

Back
Top Bottom