Thoughts on soil and Super Soils

nvhunter

So I am 80% through my first grow in FFOF. I am a little more educated in growing now and have been searching for way to increase taste and yield. I have read about super soils etc. but I would like to ask what you think the perfect soil is. Im looking for something that promotes growth and bud size. On another site a guy posted that he uses 1 bag FFOF, 1 Bag FFHF, 1 bag large perlite, 1 bag of FF seed booster and claims he doesnt use nutes other than mollases at flower and claims to produce 8 oz per plant with 4 plants under 1000w and one month in Veg and 60 days in flower. This sound like BS?

Re: Thoughts on soil and Super Soils.

FWIW, I just asked this question at a hydro shop I was at today. He said the FFOF has everything you need, BUT it gets used up around 3 weeks.

Given that, I just went from coffee pot sized to 3 gal today, that doubled the FFOF and I use run off water if it's not old.

My thinking: If you move from one pot to a larger pot, you are adding brand new soil. [based on the roots, I missed the re-potting by a bit]

Note: I'm NO expert, but from what I understand, the nutes get washed out/used up in a few weeks so the soil become less helpful and needs a boost.

** I noticed you are 80% through, are you sure you want to repot at this point? Isn't there a risk in shocking the plant right when they are flowering? Have you considered standard HG nute pack?

Re: Thoughts on soil and Super Soils.

I know dozens of people that use Subcool Supersoil and only use tap water and some mollassess. But, you can't mess around and make a half assed batch of supersoil. If you skimp on anything, the dirt won't have enough nutes in it to make it to harvest. Make sure you put in everything you are supposed too. I know some people that tweek thier supersoil to thier own liking. Which is fine too .... whatever works for your environment. Here's some youtube channels to watch. These guys talk about supersoil all the time and will answer questions about it.

This one's Farmer John 420 FarmerJohn Fourtwenty - YouTube

This one is Mr Spliff TGAMrSpliff420 - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom