Rehabilitatora420 First Grow Journal

My advice is to realize you’re not ready to take them yet and it’s gonna take however long it takes. Read a book. Do a puzzle. Lol!!! This is for me the very hardest part, and it’s only hard cuz I am not always as patient as the goddamn plants! As you said, you still have 60% that are useless right now, ie, they haven’t filled with white. Remember I was telling you how the damn things never cooperate on trichomes? Lol! Whether or not you can picture it well, keep watching the trichomes. This is your first legitimate opportunity to learn this for yourself and you are in the enviable position to learn something that took me and many others a really long time. Your plants look fabulous and the buds are at the perfect point for you to witness this yourself. It will serve you extremely well my friend to see how the trichomes age and change over the last couple weeks. See the rate with which they change. See how it doesn’t actually go clear - white - amber all over the plant all the time nice and clean like that. That would be Nirvana! Unfortunately it’s not reality. Instead, what we see is generally they go from clear to white to amber. And sure, each single trichome will do that pretty much if you just looked at a single one. But only extremely rarely (I’ve seen it maybe twice ever) does the plant as a whole do that. I can see this one won’t either, lol. So soon you’ll have mostly white, a few half filled, a few early (light colored) ambers and maybe a dark amber or three. Different parts of the plant will show differently depending on many factors. The uppers will generally look done before the lowers or small hidden buds at the bottom. For example: you might check the top of a cola and say oh they’re ready I gotta take this plant. But if you look at all the buds only rarely will they all be “ready” (by trichomes) at the same time. You just gotta take what’s mostly happening with them to make your determination. Know what I mean? Check buds trichomes all over the plant. Sometimes it’s advantageous to take the upper buds if they’re ready, but leave the lower ones to finish a little more. It’s a staggered harvest or whatever you wish to call it. Partial harvest. I do it often and should have with the big Gorilla Cookies. Would have cut down on the flarf. Lots of folks do that, someone will likely chime in on that one. Anyway just watch what happens as closely as you can. It’ll be learning you’ll appreciate for a long time I promise.
Mostly you’ll learn all about watching paint dry.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not trying to hijack your thread Nikolai, but here’s one more thing you should know. In the last two weeks or so, the buds are doing their final fattening up. A lot of that goes down at the end. Sometimes it’s not immediately apparent and you may think nothing is happening. But trust me it is, if you grew it right. These plants are right. So you’re gonna have a “final fattening.” Invisible and all internal or visible and external so you see it, the plant is adding mass and density to the buds. In other words, as the trichomes finish up you are also adding bulk. YIELD. So if you take the plant too early, you are not only compromising quality of your end product, you’re compromising how much bud you end up with.

We old Deadheads used to have a saying we’d say to newcomers at shows:

Don’t leave before the miracle happens.

It’s a good concept to apply to harvesting your buds.

Not trying to hijack your thread Nikolai, but here’s one more thing you should know. In the last two weeks or so, the buds are doing their final fattening up. A lot of that goes down at the end. Sometimes it’s not immediately apparent and you may think nothing is happening. But trust me it is, if you grew it right. These plants are right. So you’re gonna have a “final fattening.” Invisible and all internal or visible and external so you see it, the plant is adding mass and density to the buds. In other words, as the trichomes finish up you are also adding bulk. YIELD. So if you take the plant too early, you are not only compromising quality of your end product, you’re compromising how much bud you end up with.

We old Deadheads used to have a saying we’d say to newcomers at shows:

Don’t leave before the miracle happens.

It’s a good concept to apply to harvesting your buds.
Yes im aware of that Jon i dont plan anything yet in my observation its need 12 14 days atleast untill is rdy jyst for my birthday as planned but u are right i will make daily bud observation and i unspect them sll rarely the top ones :p

Yes im aware of that Jon i dont plan anything yet in my observation its need 12 14 days atleast untill is rdy jyst for my birthday as planned but u are right i will make daily bud observation and i unspect them sll rarely the top ones :p
Harvest on your birthday would be super cool!

I'd say cut them off!
Hey Shed how u doin got one question for u i ask Jon as well but i want to ask u as well its about flushing. by that i mean only giving the photo plain water made to 6.3 ph . when do u think is the best time to do so by the look of the plant. Biobizz suggest 2 weeks before harvest and the plant is pretty much in that window +- what do u think about that any tips?

Hey Shed how u doin got one question for u i ask Jon as well but i want to ask u as well its about flushing. by that i mean only giving the photo plain water made to 6.3 ph . when do u think is the best time to do so by the look of the plant. Biobizz suggest 2 weeks before harvest and the plant is pretty much in that window +- what do u think about that any tips?
Do you know what you're trying to accomplish with a water feed only for the last two weeks, other than following Biobizz' instructions?

It has no effect on the nutrient content of the flowers at harvest if that's what you're thinking. That myth has been debunked. I'd say feed them until harvest unless you're running out of nutes!

Do you know what you're trying to accomplish with a water feed only for the last two weeks, other than following Biobizz' instructions?

It has no effect on the nutrient content of the flowers at harvest if that's what you're thinking. That myth has been debunked. I'd say feed them until harvest unless you're running out of nutes!
the last harvest i got the smoke was abit harsh and it was in the jar alot of time i didnt flush it and i readed that by doing that it will clean it and it will have better taste but if its not correct i will do as u recommend i dont have much trust on what i read thats why i ask you friends best source :p .

got it will do as u recommend. will try to improve the dry procces
Try for as slow a dry as you can. That’s why I said ask Shed about the flushing too. Good stuff. A slow dry will give you much better results than a fast dry. Your harshness last time might have been from a quick dry, idk. When I mess up and they dry too fast I’m always dissatisfied.

the last harvest i got the smoke was abit harsh and it was in the jar alot of time i didnt flush it and i readed that by doing that it will clean it and it will have better taste but if its not correct i will do as u recommend i dont have much trust on what i read thats why i ask you friends best source :p .
My last harvest was to warm for a slow dry & couldn't control the RH so I put the bud in multiple paper grocery bags & put in a frost free fridge & removed every few days & spread them out for a few hours & back into the fridge took a little over 2 weeks but really liked the way they came out

small update 1 of the autos is doin great for the 12/12 while the other not so 1 of it have tripple amount of buds then other.cant wait for my next grow with only autoflowers ... . still the sacrifice for the photo is worth it so far buds are getting rly big and dense

small update 1 of the autos is doin great for the 12/12 while the other not so 1 of it have tripple amount of buds then other.cant wait for my next grow with only autoflowers ... . still the sacrifice for the photo is worth it so far buds are getting rly big and dense
They look awesome, especially the photo. Wow.

hey guys got few questions. im using dehumidifier atm for the grow room and i connected it from the back to a 10l bottle and i made it so not air go inside but only the water my question is this water usable for the plants?
and my other question is about deleafing the photo from below for better ciruculation there are many leaves some atop of others no signs of moisture on them but there are many should i clean them abit or leave it be?

hey guys got few questions. im using dehumidifier atm for the grow room and i connected it from the back to a 10l bottle and i made it so not air go inside but only the water my question is this water usable for the plants?
and my other question is about deleafing the photo from below for better ciruculation there are many leaves some atop of others no signs of moisture on them but there are many should i clean them abit or leave it be?
Dehumidifier water is a big no no for watering plants. I would'nt even use it in my humidifier. I've seen moulds growing in mine and horror stories from people using it on their plants.

You could possibly treat it before use but then again RO is a better alternative.

I wouldn't defoliate any of your plants. When you've covered the whole footprint without hardly any light going through the canopy I start removing lower growth and do "lollipopping" by removing any shoots not receiving adequate light. I think in terms of first covering your footprint then defoliate.

The plant use the leaves as their main source for photosynthesis, it's better to leave them on the plant until they're being well covered before removing them IMO. I see people remove and train very excessively in veg believing the plant will focus more on the remaining shoots. I'm afraid that's not how plant biology work. The plants uses the whole mass of leaves and flowers to control and remain homeostasis. If you remove excess leaves the plant has a harder time regulating temperature and mineral concentrations and you will slow down growth.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

CAnt wait to chop and dry rly curious about how much will give its tripple the size on buds from my first grow wher auto ended with 65grams this will be double atleast and somw bonus from the autos heh
Those puppies still have their final fattening up to go yet!!!! They’re gonna get bigger still.

Dehumidifier water is a big no no for watering plants. I would'nt even use it in my humidifier. I've seen moulds growing in mine and horror stories from people using it on their plants.

You could possibly treat it before use but then again RO is a better alternative.

I wouldn't defoliate any of your plants. When you've covered the whole footprint without hardly any light going through the canopy I start removing lower growth and do "lollipopping" by removing any shoots not receiving adequate light. I think in terms of first covering your footprint then defoliate.

The plant use the leaves as their main source for photosynthesis, it's better to leave them on the plant until they're being well covered before removing them IMO. I see people remove and train very excessively in veg believing the plant will focus more on the remaining shoots. I'm afraid that's not how plant biology work. The plants uses the whole mass of leaves and flowers to control and remain homeostasis. If you remove excess leaves the plant has a harder time regulating temperature and mineral concentrations and you will slow down growth.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
He’s right. Don’t take a leaf unless you get visible moisture. They’re your engines. As you take leaves your plant becomes weaker technically with each leaf. They are why your buds look so good.

Back
Top Bottom