Passive Intake Question

devin828

If I have a room thats 7x7x8 and a 8inch 740cfm inline fan how big would my passive intake holes have to be so there would nit be a srrain on my fan ?

devin828

Akornpatch

Thanks for your reply

Ok try this on for size should I bore one 8inch hole on one side of the room
OR
try two 4inch holes on 2 different sides of the walls shouting for a whrilwind type of affect

delicato420

Thanks for your reply

and yes the inline fan is the exhaust for the room

There is no speed switch for the fan I want to run it wide open all the time to transfer fresh air 24/7

When the light/1000whps come on I will set up several small fans on the inside of the room that will come on also when the light comes on I will take away the smaller fans inside the room as needed after I get set up I thinking of adding another 1000w hps maybee

Iam at lost for where to put my ballast Ive read everywhere thats its best to put the ballast outside the room due to heat but how do I run the wire to the reflector without creating some type of light leak

devin828

The two 3 or4 inch holes on either bottom of the sides of the room would work the best. They are easy to cover with dryer vent covers. you can also add more passives if you need them.

You shouldn't have to run your exhaust at full speed all the time. You should be able to run your exhaust at nearly half the full speed and still change all the air in the room every half minute.

Keep the ballast outside the room or in a cabinet inside the room. Is your room built inside of another room? You should just be able to drill a hole and feed wire through the hole. Either seal it with duct tape or cut a cardboard circle bigger then the hole. cut a small hole in the center and cut one line from the hole to the outside of the circle. Put the wire through that and tape. should leak light.

I'm so stoned. haha

Thanks for your reply

delicato420

Yes my room is built inside of another room
that is a very good idea of drilling a hole and covering with tape

I was thinking of drilling a hole at the top of the room but I also thought of the fan sucking hot air in also from the outside maybee I will keep that hole close to the exhaust fan

Good idea

thanks

Its nice to bounce idea`s off other growers

Ok here is another

with a room that size would you go with a reflctor thats air cooled or not ?
also my fan is 6inch Eco Plus 6" Inline Fan 440cfm I measured the hole in my old room and its 6inch so I guess the fan is also I hate to climb in the attic to look but Iam pretty sure its 6inch also

Think I should upgrade to an 8inch or run with the 6inch ?

thanks

devin828

With an air cooled hood you can run the wire through the vent tubing to outside the box and have it completely sealed from the rest of the inside of the room. With a room your size you don't need a hood that is air cooled. If you have the means and a few extra bills for a squirrel cage, vents and the hood I would go for that. Especially with a 1000w hps.

The 6 inch should be fine as long as you have enough intakes. You will be running the exhaust 24/7? Or only when lights are on? The six inch will change all the air in the room every minute or so.

devin828 said:
Akornpatch

Thanks for your reply

Ok try this on for size should I bore one 8inch hole on one side of the room
OR
try two 4inch holes on 2 different sides of the walls shouting for a whrilwind type of affect

I'd def do the multiple holes gig. "cross" ventilation is ideal.

devin828 said:
If I have a room thats 7x7x8 and a 8inch 740cfm inline fan how big would my passive intake holes have to be so there would nit be a srrain on my fan ?

devin828
That's the same size fan I have in my room. My room size is 4'deep x 5'wide x 7'tall. I have two 3" and two 4" passive intakes. One of my walls is made of astrofoil and the suction from the fan sucks the wall in.lol
I would recommend that you run with twice what your fan size is. Too much back pressure will burn your fan out early.

Man Iam so hyped my room is so close the guys working on it said they will be threw tommorrow/Wednesday
Tonite I cut two 3inch hole in the room on two different sides
One on the south side and one on the West side since I found out my fan is a 6inch eco inline fan I made the passive intake equal the same size as the exaust
I used the black looking pcv pipe the stuff you use for plumbing venting pipe or drainage

Thanks for your reply

Akornpatch

Yea that cross ventlaition should realy keep air flowing in that room also the 90 Degree elbows will allow me to change direction of the air flow up or down also if I want to run an Ac during the summer I can cap the vents if needed

Thanks for the reply

delicato420

Yea I tought about that air cooled reflector but I think Iam going to go with the one I got and its not air colled Hell I figured its got me this far why not ride with it all the way if push come to shove then I will go with air cooled the room is flexable for adjustments later on
Iam not sure about the squirrel cage I dont know what you mean but I could use that if I get the air colled reflectors
Iam going to set up my room with the 1000w hps and try that at first later on down the road I want to add another 1000w meatal to flower more plants at one time right now all I can do is 2 at a time with this new room I want to do 6 at a time

as for the fan I will run it 24/7
As for when the lights come on I may use two or three ocslation fans depending on what is needed but for sure there will be at least one for sure to strenghten up the stems also it depends on what type of air movement I have when I fire up the room

As for the electric wires I am going with keeping the ballast outside the room I think Iam going to drill a 3inch hole in the top of the room and place some plywood on top of the hole or maybee stuff some cotton or a big ass sponge in the hole to keep air from comming in

my really BIGGEST issue is moving the plants I allready have in flower to the new room without the nozy neighbor noticing
Tommorrow is a big day I have two Kush plants on 48hrs dark pierod that will be going into the old flower room then in maybee a week I goto move them again

TO THE NEW ROOM:headbanger:

devin828

Back
Top Bottom