Over heating problem help please

moe323

i am having a problem with my plant over heating. the plant is in a cupboard that is 2foot x 2foot x 5foot high. the temp in the cupboard with the door shut it gets up to 40 C (104 F) with the door open it goes down a bit to 30 C (86 F) the cupboard has a hole in the bottom letting air in and there is an exust fan (taken from our bathroom last night) in the top sucking air out and i still can't cool it down. i really need to have the door shut to stop the light getting out as my landlord is only a few metres away and can look in the window at any time and see the light. so our curtins are all shut at the moment. but this isnt a very good long term solution. i was thinking maybe if i went out and bought a small portable air con and had the air from the air con blowing in from the bottom and the exust fan sucking the air out the top would this work? i am using a a 250 watt HPS light. help please i dont want to loose my baby.
Thanks.

addd a second cool intake at the bottom and put computer fans on
the intaskes pushing more cool air in

if this doesn't do enough add a second exhaust hole

its easy to build a light trap out of cardboard abnd duct tape

just make sure the air flow in or out hadsto turn at least one corner and spray paint the inside of the duct black

Back
Top Bottom