Things are moving along nicely so far.
Tomorrow I start training these girls, and I've got my bamboo skewers and green gardening wire ready.

Gorilla Glue #4
She's got a little damage to a top fan leaf. I'm not really sure what that's about since it doesn't really look like insect damage. It's only on one leaf, and no more damage has appeared, so I'm just going to ignore it.

Her top wasn't big enough to clone.

Godzilla Glue #4
Her top, which had her 7th, and has the 8th and 9th nodes has female preflowers.
That thing that looks like a top on right is actually the tip of one of the branches from the second node.

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze
The top from this one is far more robust than the lower branch clones. I think it's more likely to root than they are.

Cherry Bomb
I topped her, and I'm trying to clone it, even though it's rather small.
Her lowest branches are too small to try cloning yet, but they should get a boost now.

Cuttings
Right to left, Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze, Godzilla Glue #4, Gorilla Glue #4, and then top to bottom on the left, Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze, Godzilla Glue #4, and Cherry Bomb.

They all look great in the sun, and the tight spacing on the ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb! :thumb:
Thanks Shed!
She's turning out exactly the way I was hoping!

One last thing you guys might get a kick out of.
We have a bucket in our backyard that has a layer of concrete in the bottom, with water on top. It's left over from our fence repairs last Autumn.
The tree causing damage to the fence is a Manitoba Maple. It drops thousands of keys every year. I have to spend days every spring plucking the hundreds of seedlings that pop up in the garden.
Well apparently some dropped into the bucket, and one of them is really determined!
20240516_144439.jpg

Sorry about the reflection, but if you zoom in on just left and up from the centre there's a seedling!

Things are moving along nicely so far.
Tomorrow I start training these girls, and I've got my bamboo skewers and green gardening wire ready.

Gorilla Glue #4
She's got a little damage to a top fan leaf. I'm not really sure what that's about since it doesn't really look like insect damage. It's only on one leaf, and no more damage has appeared, so I'm just going to ignore it.

Her top wasn't big enough to clone.

Godzilla Glue #4
Her top, which had her 7th, and has the 8th and 9th nodes has female preflowers.
That thing that looks like a top on right is actually the tip of one of the branches from the second node.

The top from this one is far more robust than the lower branch clones. I think it's more likely to root than they are.

Cherry Bomb
I topped her, and I'm trying to clone it, even though it's rather small.
Her lowest branches are too small to try cloning yet, but they should get a boost now.

Cuttings
Right to left, Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze, Godzilla Glue #4, Gorilla Glue #4, and then top to bottom on the left, Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze, Godzilla Glue #4, and Cherry Bomb.

Thanks Shed!
She's turning out exactly the way I was hoping!

One last thing you guys might get a kick out of.
We have a bucket in our backyard that has a layer of concrete in the bottom, with water on top. It's left over from our fence repairs last Autumn.
The tree causing damage to the fence is a Manitoba Maple. It drops thousands of keys every year. I have to spend days every spring plucking the hundreds of seedlings that pop up in the garden.
Well apparently some dropped into the bucket, and one of them is really determined!
20240516_144439.jpg

Sorry about the reflection, but if you zoom in on just left and up from the centre there's a seedling!
beautiful

I'm going to get Cherry Bomb into the ground today. I'll set the carhooks, and then put up the chicken wire.
I'm not letting the rabbits get her.
I meant to go get some river rocks to cover the top of the SIP yesterday, but I couldn't get within 200 metres of any of the landscaping centres here.
I forgot it's May 2-4 weekend.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Cherry Bomb

beautiful
Thanks Marcus!

I'm going to get Cherry Bomb into the ground today. I'll set the carhooks, and then put up the chicken wire.
I'm not letting the rabbits get her.
I meant to go get some river rocks to cover the top of the SIP yesterday, but I couldn't get within 200 metres of any of the landscaping centres here.
I forgot it's May 2-4 weekend.

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4

Cherry Bomb

Thanks Marcus!
Looking good

The bag the rocks came in said "Decorative", but they're currently covered in a layer of mud. I'm trying to decide if I should wash them off with the fertigations, or if I should let the suspense build until it rains
Other than that we're hitting 30⁰C, so I'm not going out there unless I have to.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4
This one is on the opposite side of the yard for a couple of weeks. The 42 year old siding needs to be replaced, and it'll be replaced in 2 weeks.

Looking awesome Mel!
Thanks Stunger!
That chicken wire is gonna leave a weird sunburn pattern like some bathing suits do. :)
Lol, that'd be something to see!

They're all looking happy in the heat and it's nice that you don't need to be out in it!

Or replace every other board and make it a thing! The pattern is already there. :thumb:
Lol, that's the back fence. We'll be painting that as soon as we can finish the repairs. Unfortunately we have to wait for our neighbour to remove the tree that's currently destroying it.
The siding on the house is being replaced. We have to move everything away from the house so they can set up scaffolding. Pesky workplace safety regulations and all.
Watching a mouse climb the side of the house and slip under the siding was a unique experience, but one I could have done without.

The bag the rocks came in said "Decorative", but they're currently covered in a layer of mud. I'm trying to decide if I should wash them off with the fertigations, or if I should let the suspense build until it rains
Other than that we're hitting 30⁰C, so I'm not going out there unless I have to.

Cherry Bomb

Gorilla Glue #4

Godzilla Glue #4
This one is on the opposite side of the yard for a couple of weeks. The 42 year old siding needs to be replaced, and it'll be replaced in 2 weeks.

Thanks Stunger!

Lol, that'd be something to see!
looks content

Hi el Beardo!

Omg they’ve grown! They’ve grown so much I need to rhyme!

Roses are red 🌹
El Beardo is slaying
If you see a horse
It might do some naying.

Look it’s bad I know, but I just recite what my poetress vibes give me.

Back
Top Bottom