Ganesha's Evolution

I put the Channel on ripening solution.
And the Malawi is just getting water with a bit of calmag, the process is still ongoing but has slowed down.
I am a bit miffed that I fried these plants, and well it does make me think maybe stick to other feed where you can adjust per feeding how much to give so you have more control and options to correct.
But I want to be a lazy grower, I don't like it when it feels like lab work and there's a lot of bottles and a lot of measuring and I'm handling acids.

Sigh if I was smart I would try new feed out with just one plant and do the rest with a tried & working method until I get the new thing to work.. but nooo

The Channel in the grow bag is above ground, so there's new life, she's in a bag though not a SIP I wonder if I can get used to that tempo again.. as well seeding in these SIPS is just amazing they take off almost instantly and keep going.

There's still one more thing I wanna try though and that's Biotabs which is also time released but an organic growing method, you first have to prep the soil with a starter, myco & bacteria, then there's a tab you have to push into the ground, and then it's 4 weeks of plain water, week 5 there's one feeding of 20ml to add of Orgatrex NPK (5-1-5) + Zn, Cu, Mn, Co, Mo, S, Na, B and Fe and more bacteria solution and then it's back to just water from week 6 to finish.
I dunno that does appeal to me.. If I only have to do the work once when you're setting up the pot and then most of the plants life cycle I can just pour water in, well yeah that would be amazing :)

The new Channel+ enjoys Sunlight from 12 till 8 and then she goes in the tent for 12 hrs.. so I guess I'm doing 20/4h Veg.. She's been fed with 40ml Biocanna Rhizotonic and 5ml Biocanna Vega in a wide berth around the seedling.

I'm kicking myself that I didn't mix a bit of the pellet feed in there, as now I know what it is exactly as I bought it rebranded, well it's loaded with bacteria and fungi
Bacteria:
actinomyceten (streptomyces species) bacillus species, e.g. B. Optillus and B. Subtillus and composing bacteria Bacillus G + and G species.
Fungi:
10 types of mucor sp. and Penicillium sp. et. Al. Yeasts and enzymes such as Cellulase

I think I will push a bit down into the pot just to get some of those goodies in there.

IMG_1714476619621.JPEG

I've been researching what could have gone wrong this time as turns out the amount of pellets I used wasn't crazy for the volume. And well feeding with the SIPs, I remember double feeding autos last time without a problem as well whatever you put in the bucket the plant would munch without a problem, but that was in the right conditions, I keep coming out with temperature as the culprit as light off was like 9-10°c and lights on 20°, now it's fine as the nights aren't cold anymore so light on is a lot warmer and the daytime their night doesn't dip below 18°c.

Nitrogen uptake isn't reduced by cold temps from what I read, but a lot of the other processes are.
Could explain the symptoms.

I wanted to buy a lot of stuff to get this tent climate controlled throughout the whole year.. but I found out that the white tents run on average 6-8°c cooler than the Silver Mylars which dissipate less heat.
That's actually huge and would explain a lot of what I'm seeing with the temperature behaviour in the tents.
And makes it a great Summer tent as that's what I needed being able to run a couple degrees cooler.

But that would also mean it's going to be inefficient and costly to run like that as in the heart of Winter it would probably need to run heating with lights on even, I don't like the idea of having a heater like that on all the time nor what it does to the air. So I already gave up on growing in this all year through it would make no sense.
I'm just gonna run this tent from April to September and get a slightly bigger silver one that fits the previous location and run there from October to March use the properties of the materials and the light and location so that only the exhaust is needed to balance the system.

A one time cost of yet another tent and changing up the location once a year vs a constant running cost of extra equipment.

I wanted to buy a lot of stuff to get this tent climate controlled throughout the whole year.. but I found out that the white tents run on average 6-8°c cooler than the Silver Mylars which dissipate less heat.
That's actually huge and would explain a lot of what I'm seeing with the temperature behaviour in the tents.
And makes it a great Summer tent as that's what I needed being able to run a couple degrees cooler.

But that would also mean it's going to be inefficient and costly to run like that as in the heart of Winter it would probably need to run heating with lights on even, I don't like the idea of having a heater like that on all the time nor what it does to the air. So I already gave up on growing in this all year through it would make no sense.
I'm just gonna run this tent from April to September and get a slightly bigger silver one that fits the previous location and run there from October to March use the properties of the materials and the light and location so that only the exhaust is needed to balance the system.

A one time cost of yet another tent and changing up the location once a year vs a constant running cost of extra equipment.
Makes sense to me because I have to deal with trying to keep the temperature down in the warmer months cause I bought a light with the driver built into it. But in the winter I just have to open a window a crack and I’m good to go. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and stick with this Bionova granulate for the SIPs in the foreseeable future.
As I am looking for that just add water solution.
And despite the hick up the Malawi nugs are huge and the Channel+ has a superb stem and branching for a small indoor plant, she was too strong negating all my quad-lining efforts within hours.. she also grew gigantic fan leaves in the beginning, and the buds stacked well it's only they couldn't expand like they should or like the Malawi have, weird, but all in all I feel I kinda should be thinking this is the shit, the bee's knees, the dog's bollocks!
And be quite ecstatic about the results instead of wondering about other stuff.
:morenutes:
Work on getting things dialled in and figure out how to best grow with it.

It's a very different product from Grow Dots the NPK ratio is different and much lower than the dots those are like 16-11-11 and these are 5-4-7 + 2mgo, this is more an organic grain fertiliser loaded with micro-organisms.
Turns out it can also be bubbled like a tea and top dressed, so that would solve the "what if the pellets gas out" problem.

They have another dry pellet product to mix, Microlife and that's a 2-2-2 soil improver with bone meal, cacao, chalk, clay minerals, compost & seaweed and another whole list of mycorrhiza and bacteria
And that can also be brewed to dress or dry amended to the substrate.

I'd need to find a good non-fertilised soil to use with these.
And it's kinda cheap compared to other nute lines as you get a 2kg bucket that can do 500l of soil for 30euro, that usually buys just 1 or 2 bottles of another line for half the amount of plants.
If I can get this perfected I'm where I want to be, mix soil with granulates & perlite, put in SIP, only give water, and if extra is needed brew up a concentrated tea for on top and that's it. I want this to work so hard I'm gonna make it so.

I might have buggered myself with doing Sunlight-Tent veg.. as she's stretching, yesterday was a cloudy rainy day.
I usually dial in the light so that a seedling shows the least amount of motivation to grow upward I want it to squat.
It's cool to see her follow the Sun though, as she will follow the dot throughout the afternoon and then in the tent she goes back to growing straight upwards. And now I'm thinking hey maybe that's some early power training indoor plants are missing out on? Outdoor plants will track the Sun and are always moving.
IMG_1714748908233.JPEG

And after the 13 fingered Malawi leaf there's also the 15 fingered Malawi leaf

IMG_1714154797102.JPEG

Cheers!

Plus wind from odd directions that helps strengthen the stalk.
With the bigger tent I've now only used the larger table fan instead of the little pole fan and I do think that makes quite a difference.
And I was thinking of getting two floor fans and hang one in the roof and the other on the ground and alternate them.

The buds on the Malawi are getting pretty funky, the one on top, jeebus that's a wide one.
Okay if they grow like this I might be up for more Ace Sativas.. I still have two Malawis in the fridge.
I need to get substrate and perlite as it's gone all in the fabric pot.
IMG_2845.JPG

But the ones on the Channel well the calyxes won't open.. the pistils stay trapped inside, as these are not normal for the Channel she should also be wide and open and full of pistils.
IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

Could it be that the Channel also experienced Ca overdose and that's why she's so rigid? too rigid for her own good?
The cold slowed down Ca uptake and I had to start giving calmag to fill in the leaves, The cold didn't slow N uptake why they clawed and went way too glimmery dark green, the channel is kinda black blue if you take the leaves outside.. and when things warmed up she had way too much Ca to push into the cell walls preventing things from opening up.

The new Channel will not suffer those temps, redemption as I wanted to show what kind of nice buds she can grow.

And I'm really curious about the Malawi, if that's a nice puff or vape I might only search for long flowering plants as it looks like going slow and those extra weeks of flowering pay off big time.
And they can perfectly be kept compact as well.

IMG_1714852198006.JPEG

What? too much? Don't these plants usually sprout and live outside? This is stormy weather without the heavy rain drops :)
I give 15 minutes of the highest fan setting a day, tomorrow she'll move a lot less and in day or two she wont budge at all anymore at the highest setting.

I think I need to think about harvesting the Channel, I don't think any fancy action is going to happen they are not suddenly going to spill out instead the bulbs dry up and go crunchy.
IMG_1715026818398.JPEG

I know it’s not applicable in what you talk about, but you may have seen my AC unit solution to summertime climate control, fwiw. They work super well if you don’t mind the increase in the electric bill. Excellent rh control as well.

I've fed the Malawi some Greenhouse Seeds Long flowering Sativa Powder Feed in a top dressing as I kinda forgot I got a bag of that when I bought the Malawis and more water in the res, as she still got several weeks to go as I doubt she'll be ready at week 14 and that's in 3 weeks and I felt now she was just drawing from the leaves.
And she just budded a whole bunch of white pistils again. Keep it going I thought..
IMG_1715195863660 2.JPEG

I should have probably used the bigger SIP for the Sativa, if I want to do the feed through soil & micro life instead of through the reservoir pot size does become quite important.

And I think pre-growing in 1 or 3 litre air pots.. get that full of roots first.
Maybe with that Great White Myco stuff as I've compared the notes and it's got all the micro-organisms of the Bionova Microlife and then some.
And then activate the SIPs and soil as it's kinda ridiculous to activate the entire bucket for that first month of growth.. Although seeding in the final container does work quite well as she just starts growing and doesn't stop.
Great white pre-grow, skip the Microlife but I am going to get their Profimix though as that stuff works, the plants powered through adverse conditions and my garden scissors will break on these stems.

Back
Top Bottom