Flowering Lighting for DWC auto-flower

hyghguy

I have been growing a auto-flower DWC under a 250w 6400k cfl/hood.
I have recently purchased a light set (ballast, cool tube hood, 400w MH and HPS bulbs)
Currently growing in a 13x12 spare bedroom (just assembled my grow tent 48x24x60) <<<not in use yet

The auto is about to start flowering, should I use my 250w 2400k cfl or 400w HPS, or 400w MH or a combination of cfl/hps or cfl/mh?

Thanks again!!!!! One more question, I have the capability of running two 250w 6400k CFL hoods along with the 400w HPS cool tube.
Should I run 1 CFL hood or BOTH?

And this is a prime example of how people who have no idea what they are talking about give bad advice.

For flowering always use warm light source, so HPS you have probably is exactly what you need.

Sure you probably can flower with 6500k or whatever, it's just not as good since you are trying to replicate what mother nature does.

So... use all kinds of warm light you have and they don't have to match exactly.

And this is a prime example of how people who have no idea what they are talking about give bad advice.

For flowering always use warm light source, so HPS you have probably is exactly what you need.

Sure you probably can flower with 6500k or whatever, it's just not as good since you are trying to replicate what mother nature does.

So... use all kinds of warm light you have and they don't have to match exactly.

The advice from Dan was spot on, could you please explain the misinformation he spread once you get your foot out of your mouth.

Use your 400w hps and 6500k cfl's if you can control the heat. They don't use as much blue during flower but they do love to have a little. You don't have to but I would add the 6500k before adding more 2700k.

Thanks again!!!!! One more question, I have the capability of running two 250w 6400k CFL hoods along with the 400w HPS cool tube.
Should I run 1 CFL hood or BOTH?

More light more light! I hear my plants saying that every day. :icon_cool. Take a look at my journal if you have a minute. I started out at 600w hps, somewhere along the way I couldn't stand it and jumped it up to 750w. Gotta say, they have Fat buds and a couple more weeks to go. So to answer your question...BOTH of course. :laugh: If I could control the temps I'd be running my light at a full 1K. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom