Espoma products

I was wondering if anyone has ever used any products from Espoma? I have purchased and used Bio-tone Starter Microbial Plant Food Bio-tone® Starter
F A C T S H E E T
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Total Nitrogen (N).................................3%
0.90%...Ammonical Nitrogen
0.90%...Nitrate Nitrogen
1.20%...Urea Nitrogen
Derived from: Urea Ammonium Nitrate
Non-Plant Food Ingredients: Most commonly occurring bacteria:
Bacillus licheniformis, B. oleronius, B. lentimorbus, B. marinus,
B. megaterium. Minimum viable cells = 1000 colony forming
units/cubic centimeter/(1000 cfu/fl. oz.). Contains 2%
humic acid from Leonardite

I used it after my transplant.

Holly-tone® 4-3-4
The Original Acid Loving Plant Food
All Natural Plant Food with Bio-tone® Microbes
Total Nitrogen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0%
0.3%. . . . Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.2%. . . . Water Soluble Nitrogen
2.5%. . . . Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0%
Calcium (Ca) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.0%
Magnesium (Mg). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.0%
0.7%. . . . Water Soluble Magnesium
Sulfur (S). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.0%
Derived from: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized
Poultry Manure, Cocoa Meal, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal,
Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of
Potash Magnesia.
*Contains 2.5% Slow Release Nitrogen.
Non Plant Food Ingredients:
Contains 3,804,705 colony forming units (CFU's) per lb.
(253,647 CFU's per lb. of each of the following 15 species):
Acidovorax facillis Marinibacillus marinus
Arthrobacter agilis Paenibacillus lentimorbus
Bacillus licheniformis Paenibacillis polymyxa
Bacillus megaterium Pseudomonas alcaligenes
Bacillus oleronius Pseudomonas chlororaphis
Bacillus pumilis Pseudomonas putida
Bacillus subtilis Rhodococcus rhodochorus
Bacillus thuringiensis
While fertilizer materials have unlimited shelf life, the
beneficial microbes in this product are best used within two
years of the production date (see side panel for production
date). After that time their numbers may be reduced.

Does this sound like something worth continuing? I am doing half the suggested amount for now and will be doing another feeding of both products in 2-3 weeks as indicated on the instructions but at half the amount again, I also wanted to know if I can add another plant food to this or would this be enough? I will post this on my thread also. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I have been using Fulvic acid at 340ppm to a gallon of water.

Sorry, I haven't used these. ^ Did that link help?
Hey Ms. Fox, I just left you a message in your (profile space)? I kinda asked the same question. Yes, it does help me kinda but I can't seem to find the Veg-tone that is posted on there, I was looking for it in the Espoma site and there is no such product listed. I would like to know if the Holly-tone would be good or bad?

I've also read that you should use the veg-tone, too, and I'm having trouble finding it as well. They have plant-tone and flower-tone. I dunno how good they would work for cannabis... I guess you could give it a try. ;-)

I've been using Espoma garden tone for a few cycles now with spectacular results. I use it at directed rates, if not a bit stronger. I add in azomite, dolomite lime (calcium and magnesium), gypsum (calcium and sulfur), alfalfa (from the feed store), worm castings, bone meal, and diatomaceous earth. Mix it all up, moisten well, not wet, and let it cook for 6-10 weeks, covered. At least a 7 gallon grow bag for short flowers, 10 gal for long. Just add water. I bottom water for the most part, spraying the mulch layer with mosquito bits water every few days to control fungus gnats, and to keep the top of the soil nice and moist without drenching it. Top dress with a light mix of everything right when you flip to flower, and again when she is almost finished stretching. After the run, remix your soil and let it cook again and you're off and running again. I always have a cycles worth of soil cooking.

So to answer the question, yes Espoma works great, just remember the laws of minimums and toxicity. Bring calcium and magnesium up and she'll use more npk. Molasses definitely helps herd your microbes. Try to remember, you are growing roots, the plant will take care of it self. Learn everything you can about the rhizosphere.

Hope that helps, I've been looking for answers about Espoma too, so I just tried. Best and by far the cheapest method I've found in about 6 years of growing.

Never stop growing!

Thought I'd add a Pic for you to see some results. This is Watermelon Hustle from Jinxproof genetics. Day 29 of flower.

20230821_211408.jpg

20230821_211341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom