Do You Like Using Attachments for the Off Topic Forums?

Is Using Attachments for the Off Topic Photos in Off Topic Forums Easier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need a different answer .. i would like to answer i dont know !!!!!!
Yep, an "I don't know" option would make sense

I figure that attaching a file is easiest whether on topic or in the off topic forum(s). At the same time I understand the benefits to uploading to the gallery only once and then being able to include the photo as often as needed in any number of messages.

It's really simple, once it resonates, and will be even simpler once Marc makes the adjustments.

"Upload Photos" to the "Photo Gallery" for all 420 related photos

"Attach Photos" for all off topic photos in the Off Topic Forums

Does this mean that if someone attaches a photo to a on topic message that a moderator will remove the photo and send a message to the person saying to upload the picture to the gallery first?

Does this mean that if someone attaches a photo to a on topic message that a moderator will remove the photo and send a message to the person saying to upload the picture to the gallery first?
No, it just means you’ll most likely never be able to find that photo again if you want, without remembering the exact post it was attached to. Using the gallery helps us both in many ways, but we’re not forcing it.

We're always looking for ways to improve our website navigation, structure and aesthetics to make our forums as easy to navigate and user friendly as possible.

After listening to feedback from many of our valued members, we've made some changes to the Photo Gallery for your assessment.

A majority of our members just post cannabis related content, and some are finding it confusing having to choose which gallery to upload to every time. For this reason, they just use attachments instead because it's easier. So we removed the ability of uploading to the off topic gallery and made it just a straightforward upload process, without any choices to make.

We think using attachments for the off topic forums, instead of having to use the gallery, might be easier for everyone. Especially the newbies coming for help, that might be a little stoned and/or technology challenged. It removes the part of having to choose whether or not your photo is 420 related, for a majority of members who never upload off topic content. This way the gallery stays on topic with cannabis related content, and the regular members still get to take advantage of off topic adventures.

What are your thoughts everyone, did we do good this time or have we started a revolution? 👀

Thank you for your vote and feedback to help us out, we are truly grateful.
:Namaste:
I think that makes a truly disturbing quantity of sense!
Don't know that I'm inclined to post to an off topic thread, but I'm sure I'd appreciate the convenience of not having to use the Gallery...

Too old for this stuff while my friend in Canada has pretty good grows in his back yard.
He's had a few decades to perfect it.

A+ plants, gets one real stupid!

How will it be possible to share off-topic material in a private message? It's possible to gallery imbed, but it is no longer an option to upload personal content to the gallery. I prefer that my off-topic images aren't in the gallery but if I would like to send to someone in a message it seems no longer an option, or is there another way without routing them to a journal?

How will it be possible to share off-topic material in a private message? It's possible to gallery imbed, but it is no longer an option to upload personal content to the gallery. I prefer that my off-topic images aren't in the gallery but if I would like to send to someone in a message it seems no longer an option, or is there another way without routing them to a journal?
Hmmm, you’ve discovered something we hadn’t considered yet, thank you. I’ll get with the team and see what we can come up with, maybe there is a workaround.

I do know that off topic attachments are not possible in DMs because they’re impossible to moderate. People could use our private messaging system for mailicious intent to spam, harass, troll or hide illegal content on our servers that could get us shut down. Uploading them to the gallery allows us to at least see them, so staff or members can report them and we can intervene if needed.

We MIGHT be able to allow uploads to the off topic gallery by direct link, I’ll get back to you soon.

Can you just use the attachment urls from your off topic photo thread?

Can you just use the attachment urls from your off topic photo thread?
Thank you, that looks like it works just fine. Where do you put the url to make the pic display in the body of the message?

Thank you, that looks like it works just fine. Where do you put the url to make the pic display in the body of the message?

Well it's technically not a url, it's the forum software code

@Marc Ocean She can grab the edit code within 7 minutes of posting the attachment, however how can she access this attachment code after the 7 minutes edit window expires, without having edit powers?

You should also be able to right click on the photo and open in new window, then grab the url of the attachment from the browser window and embed it into the post.

Does this all make sense?

Please let me know if you have any questions :thanks:

testing testing testing...
Just need top click the camera icon in the edit window and embed the image attachment via url

@Marc Ocean says

Yea. After she uploads it to the off-topic thread, right-click -> copy image address.

Then in the private conversation, Attach Image -> Copy/paste Image link -> Insert

Just need top click the camera icon in the edit window and embed the image attachme
OK I managed it by using the icon that looks like a photo not the camera one, thank you for pointing me there.

Back
Top Bottom