12/12 from start

hektor86

Hello there!

My new seedlings just cracked and I wanted to try 12/12 from start after 1-2 days of 18/6. I was wondering if I should use the warm CFL light from start or go with the cold one until the flowers show? cheers

I've seen people grow under 12/12 from day 1 and worked just fine. Now my question is about the type of light, what should I use? Warm or cold?

I've seen people grow under 12/12 from day 1 and worked just fine. Now my question is about the type of light, what should I use? Warm or cold?

A combination of both 2 x 2700k - 1 x 6500k

Going 12/12 immediately without at least 4 weeks of veg is not going to work at all. ALL auto-flowering strains recommend remaining on the 18/6 or 20/4 cycle to make the plants large as possible since budding is automatic if that is what your working with.

Try what you like but the prevailing opinion is veg them at least 4 weeks...:welcome:

12-12 from seed works!

hektor, for as much help as it might be, I grow using a 200w DS Advanced LED, which has dual settings--primarily blue for seedlings and the like and full-on for flowering. I've always started my seedlings under the full setting because I have always had a plant or two in flower under the light.

This past month I started a few seeds and switched my setting to the lower intensity setting because there was nothing else in the closet. My seedlings appear a bit less stressed but there are other variables at play; primarily night temps and humidity. I'm introducing the full intensity incrementally until I get to 12 hours.

Speaking for myself, if I had nothing else in the closet, I'd begin with the cooler light; but if I already had something under flowering lights, I wouldn't sweat it.

As for the naysayers :

A quick web search for a poster from another forum by the handle "del66666" will provide plenty of info, pics, testimonials, tips, and advice.

I consistently pull 1.5-2 ozs from bag seed grown in 1 gallon pots. I can fit 3-5 plants of varying stages of development in my 2'X3' space. The method also lends itself well for perpetual grows. Once dialed in, it's pretty much "set it and forget it" growing.

Best of Luck, hektor!

12-12 from seed works!

hektor, for as much help as it might be, I grow using a 200w DS Advanced LED, which has dual settings--primarily blue for seedlings and the like and full-on for flowering. I've always started my seedlings under the full setting because I have always had a plant or two in flower under the light.

This past month I started a few seeds and switched my setting to the lower intensity setting because there was nothing else in the closet. My seedlings appear a bit less stressed but there are other variables at play; primarily night temps and humidity. I'm introducing the full intensity incrementally until I get to 12 hours.

Speaking for myself, if I had nothing else in the closet, I'd begin with the cooler light; but if I already had something under flowering lights, I wouldn't sweat it.

As for the naysayers :

A quick web search for a poster from another forum by the handle "del66666" will provide plenty of info, pics, testimonials, tips, and advice.

I consistently pull 1.5-2 ozs from bag seed grown in 1 gallon pots. I can fit 3-5 plants of varying stages of development in my 2'X3' space. The method also lends itself well for perpetual grows. Once dialed in, it's pretty much "set it and forget it" growing.

Best of Luck, hektor!

First, you follow that thread and the guy "del66666" doesn't reap a harvest until the 11th or 12th week, same as 4 weeks veg and 8 weeks budding. I am 100 percent certain 4 weeks under 16-20 hours of light will make a larger more robust plant which then switched over would have a larger yield.:lot-o-toke:

Second, "del66666" starts with feminized seeds so he does not run into the problem of starting a male at 12-12 only to find out he messed up the whole operation. I assume "del66666" runs his operation 12-12 all the time due to only one grow area which is fine but why not then go auto-strain and let the lights be 16-8 constantly and have a larger yield. He already is purchasing feminized seeds so why not then go with auto-strains while purchasing. :yummy:

IF you want 10 week harvests an auto strain would work best since it is female, meant to bud right off, and you don't have to rely on only 12 hours of light to make the plant grow, you can let the lights run 16 to 18 hours for more plant growth and bigger yield.

I am not one to say whats right or wrong but I want to give you the flip side of the coin.:goodluck:

First, you follow that thread and the guy "del66666" doesn't reap a harvest until the 11th or 12th week, same as 4 weeks veg and 8 weeks budding. I am 100 percent certain 4 weeks under 16-20 hours of light will make a larger more robust plant which then switched over would have a larger yield.:lot-o-toke:

Second, "del66666" starts with feminized seeds so he does not run into the problem of starting a male at 12-12 only to find out he messed up the whole operation. I assume "del66666" runs his operation 12-12 all the time due to only one grow area which is fine but why not then go auto-strain and let the lights be 16-8 constantly and have a larger yield. He already is purchasing feminized seeds so why not then go with auto-strains while purchasing. :yummy:

IF you want 10 week harvests an auto strain would work best since it is female, meant to bud right off, and you don't have to rely on only 12 hours of light to make the plant grow, you can let the lights run 16 to 18 hours for more plant growth and bigger yield.

I am not one to say whats right or wrong but I want to give you the flip side of the coin.:goodluck:

I made no mention of a shorter harvest time... I gave the top few bennies from my perspective. If you read few more of del's posts you'll find that he uses reg seeds, not fem, grown in coco under HPS, and routinely pulls 2-5 per plant using non-fem pedigree seeds.

Happy growing.

Hello and thank you for the debate! I have 2xblue mystic reg and 1xblue widow fem. Canna light mix as soil and almost 200 w CFL light. I Will keep them under 18/6 for 1 week then jump to 12/12, space beeing limited. I can see the first set of true leaves so all is good for now! Cheers

Back
Top Bottom